Happy Easter everyone!

Happy Easter to you too @guno :

resurrection2.jpg

resurrection.jpg

1 Corinthians 15:4, "And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Matthew 16:21, "From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day."

Mathew 12:40, "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

So you are arguing using a fraudulent discredited book

I'm not arguing. I'm wishing you a Happy Easter.

Isaiah 7:14, "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Note that "the son" is also "the everlasting Father" and "the mighty God."

Matthew 1:23, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

Immanuel and Emmanuel are one and the same. The virgin Mary gives birth to Immanuel Who is her Son and Who is "God with us."

To all Happy Easter ,May your day be filled with Peace and Joy

Attachments

• $easter.jpg
    $easter.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 68
While many claim that paganism had an influence on Christianity they fail to recognize that perhaps Christianity had a much greater influence on paganism. After all, Christ is the central theme, figure, and deity of Easter (Passover) and Christmas.

Just for Christians..other religions and societies have their own ...culture on the subject...

Why Jews reject the christian god, this is not what I no christians are taught

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZW-NKGXFGg

The Rabbi approaches the conversation with a false premise. He sees God and His Son, Jesus Christ, as two distinctly different individuals. However, the Bible teaches that the Father and the Son are one.

Which is false, since Christ did not pray unto himself, and he will sit at the right hand of the Father in Heaven....

That author was found to be wrong too:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Pericope-Adulterae-John-External-ebook/dp/B00JL6JDHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397920869&sr=8-1&keywords=james+snapp]Amazon.com: The Pericope Adulterae (John 7:53-8:11) - A Tour of the External Evidence eBook: James Snapp Jr: Kindle Store[/ame]

Do you like being wrong?

I argue using facts and documentation and history, you argue from a position of ignorance and magical thinking

And yet, chuckt showed you that one of your primary sources was itself a fraud. So why do you continue to use fraudulent material?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Jews reject the christian god, this is not what I no christians are taught

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZW-NKGXFGg

The Rabbi approaches the conversation with a false premise. He sees God and His Son, Jesus Christ, as two distinctly different individuals. However, the Bible teaches that the Father and the Son are one.

Which is false, since Christ did not pray unto himself, and he will sit at the right hand of the Father in Heaven....

It's one of Christianity's paradoxes.

John 10:30, "I and my Father are one."

John 8:19, "Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also."

Look what is said of Jesus (Christ is the Creator):

Colossians 1:12-17, "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

Jesus existed before Abraham and is the great "I AM":

John 8:58, "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

Exodus 3:14, "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

Jesus speaking of Himself:

Revelation 1:8, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

He's eternal:

Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

I wonder if I might comment. All of this stuff is very misleading, but I confine myself to stuff I know personally in rather great detail.

Mithras was born on what we now call Christmas day, and his followers celebrated the spring equinox. Even as late as the 4th century AD, the sol invictus, associated with Mithras, was the last great pagan cult the church had to overcome.

No ancient source records any association between Mithras and 25 Dec., nor between Mithras and the spring equinox.

The state sun-god, Sol Invictus, invented in 274 AD, was not "associated with Mithras", a private, non-state cult that appears ca. 50 AD. The title "unconquered sun" is used for various deities. Neither cult was a serious rival in the 4th century AD; Mithras was pretty much dead by 300, and Sol Invictus had no existence beyond the state.

It is surely possible to Google for all this...

In an ironic twist, the Cybele cult flourished on today's Vatican Hill. Cybele's lover Attis, was born of a virgin, died and was reborn annually. This spring festival began as a day of blood on Black Friday, rising to a crescendo after three days, in rejoicing over the resurrection. There was violent conflict on Vatican Hill in the early days of Christianity between the Jesus worshippers and pagans who quarrelled over whose God was the true, and whose the imitation.

All this is very misleading. There was certainly a temple of Cybele on the Vatican, the Phrygianum. The site was, after all, a pagan cemetary. The insinuation that somehow this is connected to the basilica of St Peters is very odd.

The legend of Attis may be simply stated. He was a shepherd who was the boyfriend of Cybele. One day he went off and shagged a nymph. His missus found out, and in a rage, cursed him with madness. While "under the influence", he sat under a pine tree and chopped his willy off (well, who hasn't?) Then he died (as, in a pre-antibiotic era you do). Then Cybele calmed down, and went off to ask Father Zeus to bring him back. Zeus refused, not being keen on this "adultery = castration" idea. The most he would do was to freeze the body.

Does that sound like Jesus? Well, only if you went to a REALLY strange church! LOL.

Only one ancient source refers to a resurrection of Attis; one written ca. 350, by Firmicus Maternus, who says the cultists pretended Attis was really just a symbol for the corn, in order to avoid the attention of the police (as castration of free men was illegal in Rome).

All this is readily and easily available online. Hostility to the beliefs of others is often a source of credulity, but ... please ... THINK! Christianity may or may not be true, but it certainly isn't so crudely false as all this.

And ... isn't there something rather distasteful about hurling this at Christians on the eve of Easter day? We may disagree with people, but why taunt them?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

The Mithras cult borrowed from Jewish elements of the Bible. Not the other way around.

'Woman, why do you seek the living among the dead'?

He has risen!

Glory be the lord

-Geaux

Sunrise3-9-14.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back