Zone1 Happy Rosh Hashanah: Feast Of Trumpets

crossbody

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2024
The Feast of Trumpets begins with Rosh Hashanah. The celebrations continue for ten days of repentance, culminating on Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement. On this final day, Jewish tradition holds that God opens the Book of Life and studies the words, actions, and thoughts of every person whose name is written there.

"L'shanah tova" May it be a good year

Leviticus 23:2424
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

Last edited:
What's the major difference?
“Atone” takes it a step further.

- “Repent” means to recognize your wrong and vow not to do it again. It is totally future-oriented. Let’s say I hit an animal in anger: repent means I vow to never do it again and be nicer to the next one that comes along.

“Atone” requires more action. It requires that one not only vow not to repeat it, but to seek forgiveness from the one you have wronged, if possible, and, also if possible, do something to help offset the wrong. So if I was unkind to an animal, not only do I vow to be kinder to the next, but I could give a donation to an animal welfare group to atone for the sin.

Atoning for sins is what the priest did in the Holy of Holies with the blood of the animals to atone for his sins and the sins of others. Today we refer to and recognize "Jesus" as our blood offering that has atoned for our sins.

- “Repent” means to recognize your wrong and vow not to do it again. It is totally future-oriented. Let’s say I hit an animal in anger: repent means I vow to never do it again and be nicer to the next one that comes along.

“Atone” requires more action. It requires that one not only vow not to repeat it, but to seek forgiveness from the one you have wronged, if possible, and, also if possible, do something to help offset the wrong. So if I was unkind to an animal, not only do I vow to be kinder to the next, but I could give a donation to an animal welfare group to atone for the sin.
Thank you that is a very good explanation.

It all comes down to "faith"

...but faith in what?
faith in who?

We must pray to God on behalf of what God has done for us in sending us Jesus who is the propitiation for our sins. Romans 3:25.

People will hear the word of atone, but they will actively to the word "repent"
Not Jewish people, to whom this thread was directed.
It all comes down to "faith"

...but faith in what?
faith in who?

We must pray to God on behalf of what God has done for us in sending us Jesus who is the propitiation for our sins. Romans 3:25.
You know…..you tried to be nice by sending a New Year’s wish to Jews, but then you are being inappropriate saying we need Jesus to atone for our sins.

Please consider what you are doing: wishing Jews a Happy New Year and Day of Atonement, and then slapping them by indirectly saying Gd will not accept our atonement.

Very nice. Thanks.

Forum List

Back