Comrade Kamala offers $750 of assistance to Helene victims

I want my town dug out and my dead found... and I would want food and water tents and firewood and clothing sent in... the basics... a check from Kamala would not be on my list....
So you want someone to come to you and hand you everything you want.

Okay. Not everyone is so helpless but imagine some people really just can’t figure out how to buy what they need.

FEMA needs to concentrate resources on the worst places. For others, they just need a little cash to get through a few days or a week. You make it sound as though this is the entirety of what FEMA is doing, which is idiotic.

Where are they gonna spend it? Most businesses were flooded out.

There needs to be a massive .mil airlift into the area.

helicopter-598748-1.jpg
There is as I saw photos of Connecticut Army National Guard helicopters flying supplies into NC.

So you want someone to come to you and hand you everything you want.

Okay. Not everyone is so helpless but imagine some people really just can’t figure out how to buy what they need.

FEMA needs to concentrate resources on the worst places. For others, they just need a little cash to get through a few days or a week. You make it sound as though this is the entirety of what FEMA is doing, which is idiotic.
$750 you must be kidding.... they need life saving items not a fucking check from Kamala... FEMA is not there because they are settling illegal aliens and making sure they have housing and food... that is what the people of NC need... shelter and food and water... you need to stop watching the news network you are getting informed with... $750 is two nights at a hotel... wow how far will you dive to defend a moron like Kamala?...

Let's analyze this one. Comrade has decided there is just enough leftover money after they gave $200 billion to the Ukraine, and God knows how much money to their migrant buddies (illegal aliens), that $750 can be given to Helene victims.

What does $750 buy you these days?

Well, it's not even a mortgage payment for most people. And it's certainly not a rent payment either.

$750 might cover family groceries for a month. Perhaps 2 months if you buy really cheap and smart.

$750 gets you maybe a week in a hotel while the flood waters recede.

$750 might get you a month of daycare.

$750 might get you some replacement furniture and clothing. Some.

What are these people supposed to live on until the big insurance companies come through with a payment (If they even do -- if they can't weasel out of it somehow).

Do you think it might make more sense if Congress passes a law that mortgage/rent and car payments are suspended for 6 months?

Completely unacceptable.

As a rule, flood insurance in not included in your basic Homeowners or Renters insurance policy. For years the government backed National Flood Insurance Plan was pretty much the only game in town and it has become increasing more expensive with larger deductibles and less coverage on some more expensive things. Many of the larger private insurance companies are now offering flood insurance at a lower cost with less coverage or at higher cost but covering more things than NFIP does. But it does take some time for claims to be processed especially in large scale disasters.

President Trump set up a Go Fund Me account to help flood victims and within the first 24 hours as of yesterday, it had raised over $2 million. Lots of local charities here are also gathering clothes, bedding, other essentials as well as cash her for the flood victims. The government could also do a lot of good using some of that money they haven't built any charging stations with or provided any rural internet service with.

Money is the last thing these poor folks need right now... what a buffoon she is...
$750 in this economy would be gone in one day.... unreal...
Please TDSers do not vote for her... she will ruin your life....
For real, money doesn't mean anything when the store is gone. Luckily here in greenville sc, great citizens are gathering what they need. Then sending it there. Biden’s fema isn't doing anything.

$750 you must be kidding.... they need life saving items not a fucking check from Kamala... FEMA is not there because they are settling illegal aliens and making sure they have housing and food... that is what the people of NC need... shelter and food and water... you need to stop watching the news network you are getting informed with... $750 is two nights at a hotel... wow how far will you dive to defend a moron like Kamala?...
Ah, so it is about the handout being too small. There are a lot of hotels less expensive than $375. I don’t know where you come up with this crazy shit.

You can use money to buy life saving items like food and water. Strange concept I know. Turns out food and water bought from the store are just as life saving as food and water flown in by the government.

You guys need to stop being such raging lunatics. You need to get off the internet and get informed. The internet is a cesspool of lies which you guys are just so happy to eat up because nothing ever exists outside your political narrative.

Take it up with Congress, they make the laws. They set the initial amount people are given to get them though the next few day

Not the entire fucking state.

I have a dozen family members that live in Sylva NC, which is 45 miles south of Ashville. They lost power for 10 hours. The roads between the two cities are open. The stores are open, the gas stations are open.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
45 miles is a long way with no vehicle. Dumbass.

Let's analyze this one. Comrade has decided there is just enough leftover money after they gave $200 billion to the Ukraine, and God knows how much money to their migrant buddies (illegal aliens), that $750 can be given to Helene victims.

What does $750 buy you these days?

Well, it's not even a mortgage payment for most people. And it's certainly not a rent payment either.

$750 might cover family groceries for a month. Perhaps 2 months if you buy really cheap and smart.

$750 gets you maybe a week in a hotel while the flood waters recede.

$750 might get you a month of daycare.

$750 might get you some replacement furniture and clothing. Some.

What are these people supposed to live on until the big insurance companies come through with a payment (If they even do -- if they can't weasel out of it somehow).

Do you think it might make more sense if Congress passes a law that mortgage/rent and car payments are suspended for 6 months?

Completely unacceptable.

LOL Take it up with your right-wing retards who voted against the funding. Now you retards are blaming Kamala?

Fucking hypocrites.

Matt Gaetz Voted Against FEMA Funding Right Before Hurricane Helene Struck1961501

Hypocrite MTG Now Demanding Hurricane Relief Funds She Tried to Block

Forum List

Back