Happy Tax Day...at least for the 47%

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
If you are a member of the 53% of the US population who actually pays income taxes, due today without a penalty, perhaps this chart from the Internal Revenue Service and analyzed by Mark J. Perry of AEIdeas will make you feel better. Or not.

IRS data: The top 1% pay 37% of all taxes, the bottom half pay 2%, a blubbering David Letterman can’t believe the facts

192157_5_.jpg

No. I was telling you that you are welcome.
The country that I live in that gives me freedoms that are cherished and appreciated by all who have kept the freedoms viable deserve something.
If it is me paying some money that I earn that is fine with me.
It is not all about me and myself ....! Do I agree with all that happens in this country.
Hell no. But there is such a difference between doing what is civil and right compared to anarchy and treason.
The tribe that finds the government totally evil and dysfunctional are totally wrong.
So, again, paying my share is the least I can do at this time in my life.

And you are welcome.
I paid my taxes again this year...30+ years running.

i don't hear anybody thanking you....

instead there just seems to be clamor for more 'equality'....meaning more handouts...

the ingrates...

And you are welcome.

instead there just seems to be clamor for more 'equality'....meaning more handouts...

the ingrates...

As the inequality of wealth keeps shifting in favor of the very wealthy, then the very wealthy will pay more.

Last edited:
No. I was telling you that you are welcome.
The country that I live in that gives me freedoms that are cherished and appreciated by all who have kept the freedoms viable deserve something.
If it is me paying some money that I earn that is fine with me.
It is not all about me and myself ....! Do I agree with all that happens in this country.
Hell no. But there is such a difference between doing what is civil and right compared to anarchy and treason.
The tribe that finds the government totally evil and dysfunctional are totally wrong.
So, again, paying my share is the least I can do at this time in my life.

And you are welcome.

the ingrates...

wouldn't you rather your 'fair share' be half of what you are currently paying...?

And you are welcome.

the ingrates...

As the inequality of wealth keeps shifting in favor of the very wealthy, then the very wealthy will pay more.

stupid you doesn't understand that the wealthy just charge more for the products they make....and YOU get to pay the hidden taxes...

Thank you for all my deductions, credits, and exemptions which made my taxes lower and thereby made everyone else's tax rates higher and added to the federal deficit.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

if we applied a flat rate to everybody then everybody would be treated 'equally'.....

...yet the richer you are... the more money you would actually pay....

Which just has a real resonance that the wealthy don't want a flat rate.
Then ask yourself, who controls the law making in this country?
IF you answer honestly then extrapolate that with the rulings you see from the Supreme Court recently and all the argument over wages etc.
Who is winning and who is losing?

if we applied a flat rate to everybody then everybody would be treated 'equally'.....

IF you answer honestly then extrapolate that with the rulings you see from the Supreme Court recently and all the argument over wages etc.

all the more reason for term limits...

Term limits? Why? To put the next bought politician in the Congress.
Citizens United has made a big problem , impossible.

so what would you suggest...?

First, over turn the Citizens United Supreme Court decision and work from there with the amount of money anyone one citizen can donate.
Then limit the number of PAC money to some proportional amount that one citizen can donate.
Get Trans National Corporations and Banks out of politics.
Work from there.

Last edited:
Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

Ronald Reagan

First, over turn the Citizens United Supreme Court decision and work from there with the amount of money anyone one citizen can donate.
Then limit the number of PAC money to some proportional amount that one citizen can donate.
Work from there.

i see....i suppose you're a fan of burning books as well....

And you are welcome.

the ingrates...

And I'll redouble my efforts to hide as much as I can. And of course I'll cut my spending where ever I can.

Work from there.

Actually, it's sort of an interesting issue. First, Roberts is pretty machievellian in tossing out money limits, but not disclosure on money donated under those prior money limits. He can say, "oh we aren't anti-disclosure," when in fact the outcome is exactly that.

And NEITHER the dems nor the gop is actually pushing disclosure ... unless it's Soros's kid.

But, really, no one should have a complaint if there were no limits and total disclosure. Who cares who the Kochs, or Soros, push? We're smart enough to see the issue if we know who's greasing the goose. But the only way to get there is through the scotus, and currently ROberts has no desire to go there.

Work from there.

Actually, it's sort of an interesting issue. First, Roberts is pretty machievellian in tossing out money limits, but not disclosure on money donated under those prior money limits. He can say, "oh we aren't anti-disclosure," when in fact the outcome is exactly that.

And NEITHER the dems nor the gop is actually pushing disclosure ... unless it's Soros's kid.

But, really, no one should have a complaint if there were no limits and total disclosure. Who cares who the Kochs, or Soros, push? We're smart enough to see the issue if we know who's greasing the goose. But the only way to get there is through the scotus, and currently ROberts has no desire to go there.

ever since McCain Feingold this crap has been a royal pain...agreed that there should be no limits be it money or when the ads occur.....free speech and all that.....and disclosure simply identifies the party which is a reasonable requirement in order for citizens to make an informed opinion....the very fact both parties have a problem with that proves it should become a requirement...

Forum List

Back