Happy Thanksgiving...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Happy-Thanksgiving-Images.jpg

I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving. A holiday that means far more to me than Christmas. What do I have to be thankful for? Health. A 74 year old man that can still earn his way as a Millwright in a steel mill. A family that I love. A son and daughter that have given me much joy. Two grandsons, one 17, one 19 months whose company I enjoy whenever we can get together. A mother that is nearly 93 years old, and in spite of health problems still remains interested in life. 3 sisters and 2 brothers that are all still alive. The people that I work with. The men and women I work with are tradesmen that, most of them, have worked in the environment of industrial manufacturing for many years, and we put our lives in each others hands on a daily basis. No loss time accidents in maintenance, millwrights, electricians, and automation, in over 15 years. I saw enough of my fellow tradesmen killed and maimed in the 20 years I worked in saw mills.

Material things. This form of communication that I am communicating on right now. The fact I can walk into the local supermarket at look at things that a king could not buy 100 years ago, goods and food, and I can afford any item in that store that I desire, if I am foolish enough to purchase on the basis of my desires of the moment. A home which is valued at several times what I owe against it. When I was a child our family saw some pretty rough times. A few times hungry. And when I look at what we have today, and hear people talk about how terrible things are, I can only shake my head.

Yes, in my 74th year, I have much to be thankful for, and hope for all out there that they have at least as much.

Happy-Thanksgiving-Images.jpg

I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

I was SURE this was in the FZ with a big fu attached, imagine my surprise!:laugh: So, have a Happy Thanksgiving as well aaronleland!

I'm thankful that even though all of my family is from California, almost all of them are Conservatives

Forum List

Back