Harley Davidson going Green

What is so fucked about solar power?

That is not viable, then again many countries Europe have been abandoning their alternative energy programs so they can fund their over bloated social programs..

But what do you know other than what the AGW scriptures tell you..

Increase in solar in the US.

New Report: U.S. Solar Market Grows 41%, Has Record Year in 2013 | SEIA

WASHINGTON D.C. AND BOSTON, MA – Continuing its explosive growth, the U.S. solar industry had a record-shattering year in 2013. According to GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association’s (SEIA) Solar Market Insight Year in Review 2013, photovoltaic (PV) installations continued to proliferate, increasing 41% over 2012 to reach 4,751 megawatts (MW). In addition, 410 MW of concentrating solar power (CSP) came online. Solar was the second-largest source of new electricity generating capacity in the U.S., exceeded only by natural gas. Additionally, the cost to install solar fell throughout the year, ending the year 15% below the mark set at the end of 2012.
At the end of 2013 there were more than 440,000 operating solar electric systems in the U.S. totaling over 12,000 MW of PV and 918 MW of CSP.

Yes you just proven that the AGW cult is into posting scripture and talking points instead of understanding anything outside their programming..

Solar is not viable as a replacement energy source..

Cut and paste all the articles you want to but it will not prove that solar is a viable replacement..

What is so fucked about solar power?

Not affordable my friend......in the real world, costs matter. That's why when you look at ANY energy projections graph, solar is a tiny sliver. To far left guys......to person.....costs do not matter. But to policy makers all over the globe, costs are everything. Solar power is a fantasy my friend.....not just rhetoric.

Don't take my word for it......google "energy", "projections", "graphs". Except for green energy idiot projections, you will see........shit......even Obama's Energy Information Agency paints a laughable future for solar.

Matthew......I could pop a solar roof in tomorrow but at a cost of nearly 60K. I'll likely be dead long before it delivers a return. Only folks who are well off are installing them......should tell you a little something.

Simply not true.

Sharp Solar Systems - Low Wholesale System Price

What's included?

Photovoltaic solar modules
Grid tie inverter
Prosolar mounting rails and clamps
Prosolar 1.5" Tile Trac or 3.0" Fast Jacks
Solar MC cables
Grounding lugs
Array combiners in larger systems
AC/DC solar disconnect
Site specific electrical single and three line schematics
AC/DC wire sizing/type will be specified in our electrical schematics
CA stamped structural testing reports for Prosolar mount system
Component installation manuals
Technical assistance

Sharp Solar ND-Q250F7 5 KW Grid-Tie System with Sunny Boy 5000TL
$10,703.00
List Price

Sharp 12 KW Solar System with 48 ND-Q250F7 and Fronius IG Plus 11.4
$23,017.00
List Price

The 5 kw would supply a normal home, the 12 kw would supply a very large home.

Ray......just sayin'. We installed a solar unit in one of my group homes back in 2011.....approximately 45 feet X 15 feet......single level ranch. $54,000 with installation. Now.....don't know if that is NY prices or maybe the ones you are referencing are small and/or not top quality.......but that's what it cost us. This house has 6 residents......relatively small. IDK......but that's a huge price discrepancy.......any my organization is funded by NYS via block grants from the feds. We ALWAYS take the lowest bidder. I think where you are missing on this Ray is the cost of the electric installation stuff........don't think most Joe Blows can install this these things. Our maintenance dept does virtually anything but did not install my roof........my guess is, had to be done by licensed electricians. IM going to speak to the director and get back to you.......

Having said that.......how many people have 23K to shell out tomorrow? In New York State anyway, the answer is, very few. The cost of living is laughable.

Last edited:
$54,000 is cheap. Since 2011, you'll find the same job can't be done for under 100K.

Efficiency, my ass.

Remember that dumb-ass Jimmy Carter tried solar power on the White House? That shit came down after he left and it hasn't been back.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbfj1MGrh1M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbfj1MGrh1M[/ame]

Why dont you fucking buy one, asswipe
Dear god, youve been blathering about it for the last three days
Go fucking buy one already

Well, since the video clearly states that they are not on the market, just in the prototype stage, he cannot buy one for a while. However, given the figures stated in the video, the arrival of a battery with more capacity on the market would make that bike a major contender, particularly since Musk has made his rapid charge patents open.

Not affordable my friend......in the real world, costs matter. That's why when you look at ANY energy projections graph, solar is a tiny sliver. To far left guys......to person.....costs do not matter. But to policy makers all over the globe, costs are everything. Solar power is a fantasy my friend.....not just rhetoric.

Don't take my word for it......google "energy", "projections", "graphs". Except for green energy idiot projections, you will see........shit......even Obama's Energy Information Agency paints a laughable future for solar.

Matthew......I could pop a solar roof in tomorrow but at a cost of nearly 60K. I'll likely be dead long before it delivers a return. Only folks who are well off are installing them......should tell you a little something.

Simply not true.

Sharp Solar Systems - Low Wholesale System Price

What's included?

Photovoltaic solar modules
Grid tie inverter
Prosolar mounting rails and clamps
Prosolar 1.5" Tile Trac or 3.0" Fast Jacks
Solar MC cables
Grounding lugs
Array combiners in larger systems
AC/DC solar disconnect
Site specific electrical single and three line schematics
AC/DC wire sizing/type will be specified in our electrical schematics
CA stamped structural testing reports for Prosolar mount system
Component installation manuals
Technical assistance

Sharp Solar ND-Q250F7 5 KW Grid-Tie System with Sunny Boy 5000TL
$10,703.00
List Price

Sharp 12 KW Solar System with 48 ND-Q250F7 and Fronius IG Plus 11.4
$23,017.00
List Price

The 5 kw would supply a normal home, the 12 kw would supply a very large home.

Ray......just sayin'. We installed a solar unit in one of my group homes back in 2011.....approximately 45 feet X 15 feet......single level ranch. $54,000 with installation. Now.....don't know if that is NY prices or maybe the ones you are referencing are small and/or not top quality.......but that's what it cost us. This house has 6 residents......relatively small. IDK......but that's a huge price discrepancy.......any my organization is funded by NYS via block grants from the feds. We ALWAYS take the lowest bidder. I think where you are missing on this Ray is the cost of the electric installation stuff........don't think most Joe Blows can install this these things. Our maintenance dept does virtually anything but did not install my roof........my guess is, had to be done by licensed electricians. IM going to speak to the director and get back to you.......

Having said that.......how many people have 23K to shell out tomorrow? In New York State anyway, the answer is, very few. The cost of living is laughable.

The only thing that a licensed electrician is required for is the hookup of the inverter to the main box. As for the rest of that, the kits are pretty much plug and play. No differant that hooking up the wires to your computer. And the 5 kw installation would take care of most peoples needs. There are even kits that you can buy without the racking, and that can save a good deal if you have access to steel or wood for that.

The price quoted for the kit is not cut rate. The cost for solar has come down drastically in the last five years, and will continue to come down.

Yep.....we're all real sure that in 5 years, every Harley guy will be riding an electric hog with piped in custom exhaust sound!!!:up:

And you know what..........this is probably the stoopidest thread Ive seen......ever......in the ENVIRONMENT forum. And that's saying something!!

Last edited:
$54,000 is cheap. Since 2011, you'll find the same job can't be done for under 100K.

Efficiency, my ass.

Remember that dumb-ass Jimmy Carter tried solar power on the White House? That shit came down after he left and it hasn't been back.

Just the usual stupid uninformed shit from Warts.

Inside the White House: Solar Panels | The White House

The White House itself once harvested the power of the sun. On June 20, 1979, the Carter administration installed 32 panels designed to harvest the sun's rays and use them to heat water.
Here is what Carter predicted at the dedication ceremony: "In the year 2000 this solar water heater behind me, which is being dedicated today, will still be here supplying cheap, efficient energy…. A generation from now, this solar heater can either be a curiosity, a museum piece, an example of a road not taken or it can be just a small part of one of the greatest and most exciting adventures ever undertaken by the American people."

Stupid misinformed fuckwad

Why dont you fucking buy one, asswipe
Dear god, youve been blathering about it for the last three days
Go fucking buy one already

Well, since the video clearly states that they are not on the market, just in the prototype stage, he cannot buy one for a while. However, given the figures stated in the video, the arrival of a battery with more capacity on the market would make that bike a major contender, particularly since Musk has made his rapid charge patents open.

Harley doesnt take food stamps so you and that other idiot are shit out of luck

"Going green"? Only Huffington would take that angle. Most sane people would consider that HD is caving in to government demands based on phony science. Hell, if they can make a buck by selling pink hogs to sissie metrosexuals they will do it.

Efficiency, my ass.

The White House itself once harvested the power of the sun. On June 20, 1979, the Carter administration installed 32 panels designed to harvest the sun's rays and use them to heat water.
Here is what Carter predicted at the dedication ceremony: "In the year 2000 this solar water heater behind me, which is being dedicated today, will still be here supplying cheap, efficient energy…. A generation from now, this solar heater can either be a curiosity, a museum piece, an example of a road not taken or it can be just a small part of one of the greatest and most exciting adventures ever undertaken by the American people."

why did the Gipper have it removed? Ideological reasons? Doesn't say they weren't functioning here:
A Brief History of White House Solar Panels
1981 - President Ronald Reagan Orders Solar Panels on the White House Removed
""
The White House

President Ronald Reagan took office in 1981, and one of his first moves was to order the solar panels removed. It was clear Reagan had a completely different take on energy consumption. "Reagan's political philosophy viewed the free market as the best arbiter of what was good for the country. Corporate self-interest, he felt, would steer the country in the right direction," the author Natalie Goldstein wrote in "Global Warming."

George Charles Szego, the engineer who persuaded Carter to install the solar panels, reportedly claimed that Reagan Chief of Staff Donald T. Regan "felt that the equipment was just a joke, and he had it taken down." The panels were removed in 1986 when work was being done on the White House roof below the panels.

sounds like a rw hack move if the above reference is true.

"Going green"? Only Huffington would take that angle. Most sane people would consider that HD is caving in to government demands based on phony science. Hell, if they can make a buck by selling pink hogs to sissie metrosexuals they will do it.

They do
Dot cum and moldy rocks have one on order for their honeymoon

why did the Gipper have it removed? Ideological reasons? Doesn't say they weren't functioning here:
A Brief History of White House Solar Panels
1981 - President Ronald Reagan Orders Solar Panels on the White House Removed
""
The White House

President Ronald Reagan took office in 1981, and one of his first moves was to order the solar panels removed. It was clear Reagan had a completely different take on energy consumption. "Reagan's political philosophy viewed the free market as the best arbiter of what was good for the country. Corporate self-interest, he felt, would steer the country in the right direction," the author Natalie Goldstein wrote in "Global Warming."

George Charles Szego, the engineer who persuaded Carter to install the solar panels, reportedly claimed that Reagan Chief of Staff Donald T. Regan "felt that the equipment was just a joke, and he had it taken down." The panels were removed in 1986 when work was being done on the White House roof below the panels.

sounds like a rw hack move if the above reference is true.

Why dont you exhume reagan and ask him, shitstain

Efficiency, my ass.

We can thank Reagan for removing it for no effin reason. Don't blame Carter for that. The good news is solar is far, far more advance today and it is far from a joke!

Last edited:

We can thank Reagan for removing it for no effin reason. Don't blame Carter for that. The good news is solar is far, far more advance today and it is far from a joke!

It is a joke
I am staying at a bb this evening in maine
Lady tells me shes off the grid! Now she has to pay off the 67k loan
Hopefully i will get some sleep tonight
She said because of rain last few days she has to run the fucking generator to make hot water to do laundry
The damn thing has been running and farting and belching ozone for three fucking hours now
Its right outside my window!
I asked her what she paid for that monstronsity and that was only 10k
If i want to take a shower tonight it will take 10 minutes for the water to heat up and travel 200 yards from the well
Take your solar power and shove it up your ass

you were in MY Navy & you can't manage a cold shower from time to time :talktothehand:

That bike would be kewl to ride around 32nd St & to Fiesta Island :afro:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back