Harley Davidson going Green

Then I take it you don't like going fast or you just don't understand

No, I do understand (though you, clearly, do not)...there is a finite amount of torque that is useful on a motorcycle. Anything beyond that will only make tire smoke. (Or, if you have a REALLY bad day, wheelie you over onto your head.) Even a medium-displacement sportbike ALREADY has more power than it can put down from a standing start...and that with engines that are basically lugging below 5000RPM!

I love having huge torque in a car (my Caddy has 600+lb/ft off idle), but it is no real benefit on a motorcycle.

Also: to give it a useful range, an electric motorcycle would have to carry enough batteries to make it an overweight pig.

Idiots
Seriously
I wouldnt be caught dead on a fucking electric motorcycle, in a solar powered home or in a prius - a fucking kotex on four wheels

For Goddamned sure you would never be caught writing an intelligent post.

Before this decade is done, EV's, cars, trucks, motorcycles, will be wiping up the road with ICE's. I suspect that the batteries that come out of Musk's new factory will be more powerful than what is on the market today, and that will just be the beginning of the increase in storage capacity. Already the Tesla has changed the equation on acceleration, style, and quality in EV's.

When an electric vehicle can manage 300MPH from a standing start in 4 seconds, let me know! (I will not hold my breath...)

Idiots
Seriously
I wouldnt be caught dead on a fucking electric motorcycle, in a solar powered home or in a prius - a fucking kotex on four wheels

Before this decade is done, EV's, cars, trucks, motorcycles, will be wiping up the road with ICE's. I suspect that the batteries that come out of Musk's new factory will be more powerful than what is on the market today, and that will just be the beginning of the increase in storage capacity. Already the Tesla has changed the equation on acceleration, style, and quality in EV's.

When an electric vehicle can manage 300MPH from a standing start in 4 seconds, let me know! (I will not hold my breath...)

How many gasoline cars can do that? Maybe a few rocket vehicals, but not even nascar could do this kind of speed.

Idiots
Seriously

When your hog can do this let me know.

Videos - Lightning MotorcycleLightning Motorcycles

kind of. The electric Harley does 0-60 MPH in < 4 secs plus has 74 HP however.

Wow. I'm impressed. Do you have to wear a bicycle helmet, a reflective vest and Mom jeans too?

Fucking idiot... seriously.

If you ride without reflective gear (especially at night), you are an idiot!

Now Jar, Warts has already proven himself to be an idiot. Reflective gear, whether a bike or motorcycle is an excellant investment. Neither is that visible at night in the driving rain.

Harley guys don't care about electric motorcycles. If you gave them away, nobody would ride them. Just like Mustang guys......never be caught dead driving a Prius......even if it was on Toyota. Some things just are what they are........

Wow. I'm impressed. Do you have to wear a bicycle helmet, a reflective vest and Mom jeans too?

Fucking idiot... seriously.

Now Jar, Warts has already proven himself to be an idiot. Reflective gear, whether a bike or motorcycle is an excellant investment. Neither is that visible at night in the driving rain.

Vests are for girls
Get one and wear it proudly, asswipe

Ya know Warrior......I think the biggest issue with the far left is that essentially, we are dealing with the most pronounced of the social oddballs and as you know, its a hopeless affair. These people have been fucked for a long, long time......and funny but frequently, you just have to take a peek at their avatar to know what you are dealing with.

Ya know Warrior......I think the biggest issue with the far left is that essentially, we are dealing with the most pronounced of the social oddballs and as you know, its a hopeless affair. These people have been fucked for a long, long time......and funny but frequently, you just have to take a peek at their avatar to know what you are dealing with.

What is so fucked about solar power?

Not affordable my friend......in the real world, costs matter. That's why when you look at ANY energy projections graph, solar is a tiny sliver. To far left guys......to person.....costs do not matter. But to policy makers all over the globe, costs are everything. Solar power is a fantasy my friend.....not just rhetoric.

Don't take my word for it......google "energy", "projections", "graphs". Except for green energy idiot projections, you will see........shit......even Obama's Energy Information Agency paints a laughable future for solar.

Matthew......I could pop a solar roof in tomorrow but at a cost of nearly 60K. I'll likely be dead long before it delivers a return. Only folks who are well off are installing them......should tell you a little something.

That is not viable, then again many countries Europe have been abandoning their alternative energy programs so they can fund their over bloated social programs..

But what do you know other than what the AGW scriptures tell you..

Not affordable my friend......in the real world, costs matter. That's why when you look at ANY energy projections graph, solar is a tiny sliver. To far left guys......to person.....costs do not matter. But to policy makers all over the globe, costs are everything. Solar power is a fantasy my friend.....not just rhetoric.

Don't take my word for it......google "energy", "projections", "graphs". Except for green energy idiot projections, you will see........shit......even Obama's Energy Information Agency paints a laughable future for solar.

Matthew......I could pop a solar roof in tomorrow but at a cost of nearly 60K. I'll likely be dead long before it delivers a return. Only folks who are well off are installing them......should tell you a little something.

Simply not true.

http://www.solarelectricsupply.com/residential-solar-system/sharp

What's included?

Photovoltaic solar modules
Grid tie inverter
Prosolar mounting rails and clamps
Prosolar 1.5" Tile Trac or 3.0" Fast Jacks
Solar MC cables
Grounding lugs
Array combiners in larger systems
AC/DC solar disconnect
Site specific electrical single and three line schematics
AC/DC wire sizing/type will be specified in our electrical schematics
CA stamped structural testing reports for Prosolar mount system
Component installation manuals
Technical assistance

Sharp Solar ND-Q250F7 5 KW Grid-Tie System with Sunny Boy 5000TL
$10,703.00
List Price

Sharp 12 KW Solar System with 48 ND-Q250F7 and Fronius IG Plus 11.4
$23,017.00
List Price

The 5 kw would supply a normal home, the 12 kw would supply a very large home.

Last edited:

That is not viable, then again many countries Europe have been abandoning their alternative energy programs so they can fund their over bloated social programs..

But what do you know other than what the AGW scriptures tell you..

Increase in solar in the US.

New Report: U.S. Solar Market Grows 41%, Has Record Year in 2013 | SEIA

WASHINGTON D.C. AND BOSTON, MA – Continuing its explosive growth, the U.S. solar industry had a record-shattering year in 2013. According to GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association’s (SEIA) Solar Market Insight Year in Review 2013, photovoltaic (PV) installations continued to proliferate, increasing 41% over 2012 to reach 4,751 megawatts (MW). In addition, 410 MW of concentrating solar power (CSP) came online. Solar was the second-largest source of new electricity generating capacity in the U.S., exceeded only by natural gas. Additionally, the cost to install solar fell throughout the year, ending the year 15% below the mark set at the end of 2012.
At the end of 2013 there were more than 440,000 operating solar electric systems in the U.S. totaling over 12,000 MW of PV and 918 MW of CSP.

How Installing Solar Panels Can Boost Property Value | Cost of Solar - Learn the Benefits of Solar Energy

This rule of thumb varies depending on a number of factors, including:

The location of your home. Installations in active solar markets like New Jersey typically yield higher returns than comparable installations in less developed markets.
The size of your installation. Property value increases are directly proportional to the number (and quality) of solar PV panels installed.
The value of your home. Larger houses usually receive higher nominal boosts in property value. However, this increase often represents a smaller percentage of the total home value.
The exact numbers vary from property to property and installation to installation, but recent research shows an average increase in resale value being $5,911 for each 1 kilowatt (kW) of solar installed. In a state like California, for example, a small 3.1-kilowatt (kW) system can add an average of $18,324 to the value of a medium-sized home.

The property value advantages of solar energy only increase as you scale up. Installing 5kW of solar panels adds an average of $29,555 to the retail value of a medium-sized home.

Sounds like solar is a pretty good deal, particularly if you can do your own installation.

Vests are for girls
Get one and wear it proudly, asswipe

Po' baby, gotta show balls on the net, ain't got any in real life.:badgrin:

Forum List

Back