Harvard law professor wants to ban home schooling "it's dangerous to society and children".

Homeschooled kids have trouble making friends and have trouble having conversations with other kids their age. They have difficulty taking other kids ideas into consideration and don't know how to explain their opinions to others. Homeschooled kids don't learn how to socialize as human beings.
OH REALLY? That's a new one on me! You mean homeschooled kids don't go out in the afternoon and play with the other kids?
You mean kids going to public school don't spend their every waking minute with their nose buried in a smartphone typing away?
You mean homeschooled kids don't have parents and family siblings around all day long to interact with?
You mean homeschooled kids don't get the whole summer off to run and play too?
You better go back and reexamine your theory.

Homeschool kids go out in the afternoon and play with other kids and lecture them about how awful public schools are

--From a mom who's been there, and why I no longer vocally support homeschooling in the teachers' lounge, because homeschoolers turn their kids into little lecturers and worse

Harvard law professor wants to ban home schooling "it's dangerous to society and children".
Let's be clear the real story here:
  1. Home-schooled kids actually learn and test better than the hideous government-run public schools where they are subjected to bullying, metal detectors, school lunches, germs, and social indoctrination. Parents actually have a hand at guiding the learning of their children to learn the values and things THEY set for them. And it takes both the government and the teacher's union out of the loop.
  2. By extension, if you can learn grade school at home, then why not college material? With the exception of certain materials like labs and other equipment only an institution can provide, most of college can be done at home with books and on-line reading, making places like Harvard increasingly obsolete, fat and bloated.
That is what these universities and professors really fear-- -- no longer getting a fellowship to stay on and teach a cushy campus job but to have to actually go out into the real world and get a job.

The world isn't all about testing.

Homeschooled kids have trouble making friends and have trouble having conversations with other kids their age. They have difficulty taking other kids ideas into consideration and don't know how to explain their opinions to others. Homeschooled kids don't learn how to socialize as human beings.

A good friend of mine's wife insisted on homeschooling her kids. Her children grew up without any real friends and when you tried to hold a conversation with them it was like talking to a wall. They are all still living at home because they were never made to work or do anything on their own.

They do need to interact with other kids but that can be accomplished through other means like sports for example.

Well yea kinda like feeding can be done through means other than consuming by mouth but are they really as good?

And yea if homeschooled parents would enroll their kids in other activities it could mitgate some of the issues but school teaches kids to work together to achieve common goals. Not much else in a childs life would teach them to do that. One of the most important things schools do in that realm is when they divide kids up into groups for class assignments. Homeschooled kids don't get that important life lesson. I learned a whole lot from those kinds of things.

It's not all about test grades. Because after school ends you don't get tested anymore. Then real life happens.

There are pluses and minuses with both.
Having your kid indoctrinated is the worst of the two.

Yes, private schools are far better than public but ANY school is better than home schooling in most cases.

I went to a public school all my life. I graduated high school, went to college, got two degrees and multiple licenses and am financially stable having owned my house and vehicles and boats outright since my 30th birthday. Nobody indoctrinated me. They educated me.

Some public schools are abysmal, some are mediocre, some are great.

Same with private schools.

Same with home schools.

But I no longer support homeschooling as I used to do. Myself, and my kids, have been abused by snotty, condescending homeschool families way too many times. Okay, you're trying to make yourself feel better about your choice. That doesn't give your kids leave to ask my kids, "EW! You go to public school? Why?" over and over.

There are pluses and minuses with both. Having your kid indoctrinated is the worst of the two.
Yes, private schools are far better than public but ANY school is better than home schooling in most cases.
Bunghole here grew up to be a mechanic, thinks he can be indoctrinated yet KNOW he was indoctrinated, and probably has family in the teaching profession, so of course he thinks that a kid spending a few hours at home learning until 3 in the afternoon instead of some noisy, crowded, dirty school is going to make and break his entire academic and social life! :auiqs.jpg:

During the Coronavirus crisis, many people who have never even considered homeschooling have been thrust into the practice.

Your a mental nut first off beeeeech.
Now you know why we have " liberal universities" or why we have leftist filtered so heavily thorough out our most needed systems from medicals..
Most are democratic pricks now imagine your lifeo n the line with one of these mental nnuts who found out you support Trump lol.

The only reason this control freak says htis is because they can't brainwash your kids you morons!!! They can't get them to hate You and not them.
Incase you can't figure it out they have you send your kids off as early as they can so they can INDOCTRINATE THE FK OUT OF THEM giving worse products each generation. The democrats today are tomorrows Hitlers. and Stalins Democratic whores never see this nor their control of ppl illness.

If more leftist tards had a brain they wouldn't hate Trump and you all do because you PARROT those feelings weak minds are easy to bait.

If only demonic twats knew why they are so dam dumb.

“The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America — A Chronological Paper Trail”, will change forever the way you look at your child’s education. Written by whistleblower Charlotte T. Iserbyt, it is the result of what she discovered while working in the US Department of Education and her subsequent research on the subject. First published in 1999, the original edition of the book contains 743 pages replete with documentation of the policies, conversations and events that led up to the way our educational system is run today.

“Exposing the Global Road to Ruin Through Education” is an 8-DVD/CD Set containing speeches and round tables featuring Charlotte Iserbyt with some of the country’s foremost education researchers. It covers everything from one teacher’s experiences in the globally-controlled classroom, to a speech by Rosa Koire, author of “Behind the Green Mask”. Koire spoke on the dangers of regionalism. Regionalism is the path to globalism, and an attempt to replace local control and influence every aspect of our lives.
Predictions made in this book — “Back to Basics Reform or OBE Skinnerian International Curriculum” — published in 1985, 1993, and 2004, have come true. The book — which spells out clearly how OBE, Goals 2000, No Child Left Behind, and School-to-Work would be implemented — was boycotted by major conservative organizations. Read it and ask yourself “Why?” The book has sold 50,000 copies to grassroots organizations.
“Soviets in the Classroom” — first published in 1989 — is an important piece of work which outlines the agreements made between our government and the Soviets with regard to education. Included is a timeline starting from the 1930s on, which lists important events related to this transformation.
Fantastic post, thanks. The Harvard professor sounds like he's a real dumbass. You would expect more intelligence coming from someone associated with Harvard. But then again, maybe not......

This is with in " dumbing down america"

1587824405198.png

Thank you bye the way.

During the Coronavirus crisis, many people who have never even considered homeschooling have been thrust into the practice.

Your a mental nut first off beeeeech.
Now you know why we have " liberal universities" or why we have leftist filtered so heavily thorough out our most needed systems from medicals..
Most are democratic pricks now imagine your lifeo n the line with one of these mental nnuts who found out you support Trump lol.

The only reason this control freak says htis is because they can't brainwash your kids you morons!!! They can't get them to hate You and not them.
Incase you can't figure it out they have you send your kids off as early as they can so they can INDOCTRINATE THE FK OUT OF THEM giving worse products each generation. The democrats today are tomorrows Hitlers. and Stalins Democratic whores never see this nor their control of ppl illness.

If more leftist tards had a brain they wouldn't hate Trump and you all do because you PARROT those feelings weak minds are easy to bait.

If only demonic twats knew why they are so dam dumb.

“The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America — A Chronological Paper Trail”, will change forever the way you look at your child’s education. Written by whistleblower Charlotte T. Iserbyt, it is the result of what she discovered while working in the US Department of Education and her subsequent research on the subject. First published in 1999, the original edition of the book contains 743 pages replete with documentation of the policies, conversations and events that led up to the way our educational system is run today.

“Exposing the Global Road to Ruin Through Education” is an 8-DVD/CD Set containing speeches and round tables featuring Charlotte Iserbyt with some of the country’s foremost education researchers. It covers everything from one teacher’s experiences in the globally-controlled classroom, to a speech by Rosa Koire, author of “Behind the Green Mask”. Koire spoke on the dangers of regionalism. Regionalism is the path to globalism, and an attempt to replace local control and influence every aspect of our lives.
Predictions made in this book — “Back to Basics Reform or OBE Skinnerian International Curriculum” — published in 1985, 1993, and 2004, have come true. The book — which spells out clearly how OBE, Goals 2000, No Child Left Behind, and School-to-Work would be implemented — was boycotted by major conservative organizations. Read it and ask yourself “Why?” The book has sold 50,000 copies to grassroots organizations.
“Soviets in the Classroom” — first published in 1989 — is an important piece of work which outlines the agreements made between our government and the Soviets with regard to education. Included is a timeline starting from the 1930s on, which lists important events related to this transformation.
Fantastic post, thanks. The Harvard professor sounds like he's a real dumbass. You would expect more intelligence coming from someone associated with Harvard. But then again, maybe not......

This is with in " dumbing down america"

View attachment 327767

Thank you bye the way.
You're welcome.

There are pluses and minuses with both. Having your kid indoctrinated is the worst of the two.
Bunghole here grew up to be a mechanic, thinks he can be indoctrinated yet KNOW he was indoctrinated, and probably has family in the teaching profession, so of course he thinks that a kid spending a few hours at home learning until 3 in the afternoon instead of some noisy, crowded, dirty school is going to make and break his entire academic and social life! :auiqs.jpg:

I am a public school teacher. Most of the stuff you all shill here about "indoctrination" is completely laughable; it is fantasy. I have taught for 25 years in two states, three districts, dozens of schools.

But whatever, agenda over facts. Conservatives do this too, trust me

OH REALLY? That's a new one on me! You mean homeschooled kids don't go out in the afternoon and play with the other kids?
You mean kids going to public school don't spend their every waking minute with their nose buried in a smartphone typing away?
You mean homeschooled kids don't have parents and family siblings around all day long to interact with?

Homeschool kids go out in the afternoon and play with other kids and lecture them about how awful public schools are

--From a mom who's been there, and why I no longer vocally support homeschooling in the teachers' lounge, because homeschoolers turn their kids into little lecturers and worse
Problem is Sue, so what, you ran into a kid or two that bragged how good homeschooling was! If more or everyone was homeschooled, there would be no one to lecture to and nothing to lecture about.

1. Home-schooled kids actually learn and test better than the hideous government-run public schools where they are subjected to bullying, metal detectors, school lunches, germs, and social indoctrination. Parents actually have a hand at guiding the learning of their children to learn the values and things THEY set for them. And it takes both the government and the teacher's union out of the loop.
  2. By extension, if you can learn grade school at home, then why not college material? With the exception of certain materials like labs and other equipment only an institution can provide, most of college can be done at home with books and on-line reading, making places like Harvard increasingly obsolete, fat and bloated.
That is what these universities and professors really fear-- -- no longer getting a fellowship to stay on and teach a cushy campus job but to have to actually go out into the real world and get a job.

The world isn't all about testing.

A good friend of mine's wife insisted on homeschooling her kids. Her children grew up without any real friends and when you tried to hold a conversation with them it was like talking to a wall. They are all still living at home because they were never made to work or do anything on their own.

They do need to interact with other kids but that can be accomplished through other means like sports for example.

Well yea kinda like feeding can be done through means other than consuming by mouth but are they really as good?

And yea if homeschooled parents would enroll their kids in other activities it could mitgate some of the issues but school teaches kids to work together to achieve common goals. Not much else in a childs life would teach them to do that. One of the most important things schools do in that realm is when they divide kids up into groups for class assignments. Homeschooled kids don't get that important life lesson. I learned a whole lot from those kinds of things.

It's not all about test grades. Because after school ends you don't get tested anymore. Then real life happens.

There are pluses and minuses with both.
Having your kid indoctrinated is the worst of the two.

I went to a public school all my life. I graduated high school, went to college, got two degrees and multiple licenses and am financially stable having owned my house and vehicles and boats outright since my 30th birthday. Nobody indoctrinated me. They educated me.

It's far worse now then when you were a kid.

Problem is Sue, so what, you ran into a kid or two that bragged how good homeschooling was! If more or everyone was homeschooled, there would be no one to lecture to and nothing to lecture about.

Right. Like vegans right? Homeschooling families are about as pleasant as nasty, preachy, holier than thou vegans who say as you eat your chicken, "EW! you're gonna eat that?!? Do you know what chicken farms look like?"

But look what you just did, you said yes, we have license to lecture.

This is EXACTLY why I no longer support homeschooling. When I hear badmouthing in the teacher's lounge now, I let 'em go. It's because of the Homeschooling MOVEMENT--the entire sanctimonious nature of it. Horrid

Most of the stuff you all shill here about "indoctrination" is completely laughable; it is fantasy.
Sorry, no. I have a mountain of evidence of horror stories inflicted by the public school system collected over years that I could sit here all day going on about.

What else are connecting is how this even connects to the site called www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com. Here Rosa teaches how the GOV. can come in and take your homes or land-- how or why the farmers are losing thier lands and rights etc.

this chit is huge and all ties into one.

" sustainable" is key word always.

I don't disagree with you at all but I think that parents who choose to home school take it very seriously.

If people who never wanted to home school are now forced to I think that there is concern about the quality of that education as bad as public schools are I think they can do a better job than a parent who has no interest in home schooling.

I've had many homeschooling children come into the public schools happy, adjusted, and academically sound.

I also had one come into fifth grade who did not even know all of her letters. That's right. Not only could she not read, she didn't know the alphabet.

But I'm fair, see, I don't go around SCREECHING about homeschooling based on one case I know, like you all do about "indoctrination" based on what's going on in Brooklyn or Berkeley.

Right. Like vegans right? Homeschooling families are about as pleasant as nasty, preachy, holier than thou vegans who say as you eat your chicken, "EW! you're gonna eat that?!? Do you know what chicken farms look like?"

This is EXACTLY why I no longer support homeschooling. When I hear badmouthing in the teacher's lounge now, I let 'em go. It's because of the Homeschooling MOVEMENT--the entire sanctimonious nature of it. Horrid

Awake teachesr won't indoctrinate prob. is once they are found out the school does and will do all they can to get rid of said teacher. One can not go agains the system today esp.

Tough. Get the government out of education. There is no mention of the fed being charged with educating our kids. It all got started as we were forced from an agrarian society to big city industry to make us all better workers.

I don't disagree with you at all but I think that parents who choose to home school take it very seriously.

If people who never wanted to home school are now forced to I think that there is concern about the quality of that education as bad as public schools are I think they can do a better job than a parent who has no interest in home schooling.

There is a very bad "trend" in homeschooling in that it is being used now by abusers to hide their abuse from "the system". Right? So if you are a monster, you are NOT going to send your kids to school, under the (usually) watchful eye of teachers. Nope. You're gonna "homeschool" them.

Per usual, rather than being proactive about this, the homeschooling "community" has been defensive and insular. Color me shocked.

I've had many homeschooling children come into the public schools happy, adjusted, and academically sound.

I also had one come into fifth grade who did not even know all of her letters. That's right. Not only could she not read, she didn't know the alphabet.

But I'm fair, see, I don't go around SCREECHING about homeschooling based on one case I know, like you all do about "indoctrination" based on what's going on in Brooklyn or Berkeley.

I think kids do 100% better when they " start off being homeschooled" they are smarter they are well rounded in ways public school pukes will never be.
Often teachers have no idea they are indoctrinaiting either esp. when you have to TEACH ALONG FED. guidelines that's where all you teacher MISS how the FEDS dictate what you tach how you teach what you will teach and why you will teach it

SCHOOL TODAY IS HITLERS TRAINING CAMPS----
those born before what maybe the sixties weren't so impacted.........

Awake teachesr won't indoctrinate prob. is once they are found out the school does and will do all they can to get rid of said teacher. One can not go agains the system today esp.

Tell me how you know this and based on what experience or knowledge.

Or are you making it up.

Same thing happens in the public school. Could have been a learning disability. Home kids should pass tests each year and meet standards too.

I think kids do 100% better when they " start off being homeschooled" they are smarter they are well rounded in ways public school pukes will never be.
Often teachers have no idea they are indoctrinaiting either esp. when you have to TEACH ALONG FED. guidelines that's where all you teacher MISS how the FEDS dictate what you tach how you teach what you will teach and why you will teach it

SCHOOL TODAY IS HITLERS TRAINING CAMPS----
those born before what maybe the sixties weren't so impacted.........

This is unhinged

Forum List

Back