Has a poster ever

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Has a poster ever changed your mind on something that you firmly believed in? Just gave such a POV that you couldn't do anything but say, "Holy shit, you are right"
Same ideology or not, doesn't matter

No.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but it hasn't happened yet. In six years no-one has made a compelling enough argument to cause me to change my opinion about something.

At least not on this particular board.

Based on recent evidence, it's not likely happen any time soon either...

Has a poster ever changed your mind on something that you firmly believed in? Just gave such a POV that you couldn't do anything but say, "Holy shit, you are right"

Here? No. On other boards, yes.

Sometimes is it a process over time.

Here? No. On other boards, yes.

Sometimes is it a process over time.

I would have to agree...more of a process and gradually over time. But,yes...I have had a poster change my mind. Not about politics though.

The basic framework of my ideas, values and beliefs, have remained basically the same ....as long as I can remember.

Superficial details, here and there, have changed, along the way.

Yeah, I decided Gunny didn't suck as much as I thought he did.

Honestly, I doubt anyone on here ever changes their mind about anything. It's just two sides shouting at each other.

Honestly, I doubt anyone on here ever changes their mind about anything. It's just two sides shouting at each other.

It would be naive to expect Road to Damascus stuff in such conditions, but I think that, over time, you might begin to have doubts about some of the intellectual company you are keeping. Immediately, though, having contact with foreigners, in particular, makes you revise any simple-minded tolerance you may have lived with. I found living in England a mind-changing experience, and reading what American Republicans apparently take for granted makes me sure our very toads are wiser and better balanced! :)

Right wingers have that reaction quite often to my posts. They will however not admit to it.

Right wingers have that reaction quite often to my posts. They will however not admit to it.

Get the vasaline and the crowbars out, we have to wedge USCitizen's E-Ego through the door.....

No. I do look forward to that happening, though.

If someone presents a well thought out and researched position that runs contrary to mine and the facts speak otherwise to my position naturally I would consider their findings. That may change my mind.

On personal, more subjective opinion based topics no. I am who I am and I have the courage of my convictions.

Pretty much this.

Forum List

Back