Has any private citizen EVER fired more than 20 shots in Self-Defense? EVER?

Can I respectfully ask why?

I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P compact .40. 10 rounds. I have an extra 10 round mag in the truck, with an extra box of ammo (not loaded, dont want the spring to wear down). I've never felt under-armed for what I may realistically face (although unlikely).

I can carry two extra mags in the holster, so I do.

Just as when I get in the car, my gun comes out of the holster and under the handtowel I keep on the passenger seat. When I park the car, the gun goes back in the holster.

I won't get caught not being able to reach my gun again.

Matchstick cowboy. What are the chances you'll do something totally idiotic like the bozo in South Africa before you actually have to defend yourself?

My guess is you are muck more likely to kill someone with your car than all of the people on this forum who carry guns are to commit random acts of violence.

Care to make a bet on it?

I wouldn't know.

What I do know is that I carry 31 rounds with me whenever I leave the house. Even if I am just going to Wal*Mart.

I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P compact .40. 10 rounds. I have an extra 10 round mag in the truck, with an extra box of ammo (not loaded, dont want the spring to wear down). I've never felt under-armed for what I may realistically face (although unlikely).

I've heard the spring question many times. It doesn't hurt to keep the clip loaded full. Just shoot all the rounds out every now and then.

Yeah, Im paranoid about the springs. The PD issued Glock mags were great, but cops are notorious for leaving those 2 extra mags in the duty belt for years without emptying them or shooting out the "duty rounds". The only time most unload them are at the qual range days.

It took about 3 years, but 2 of mine wore down to the point that the last 4-5 rounds wouldn't feed with a 'tap and rack'.

I may be just not scared enough day to day to keep that extra mag loaded. But if you saw my old qualification score targets.......you'd know 10 shots is plenty for me!!!!:eusa_angel: ("That little guy? You dont worry about that little guy")

Well, guess I got my answer. Never, not once, in recent history has a private citizen needed over 20 rounds in a self defense situation.

Well, guess I got my answer. Never, not once, in recent history has a private citizen needed over 20 rounds in a self defense situation.

I would not say that was the answer you got.

You got the answer that of the few of us who post here, none of immediately knows of such a situation.

That is not to say it hasn't happened.

Did any of the Koreans who were protecting their stores during the Rodney King riots fire their weapons? I don't know. I do know that while the rest of the neighborhood burned down, their buildings were not touched because they were standing there holding AR Framed weapons with big magazines in them.

LOL > you took that away as a fact because of information you did or did not get on this forum. You are such a stupid fuck! :D :D Thanks for the laughs!

Has anyone ever accidentally shot someone more than 20 times? Ever?

I would not say that was the answer you got.

You got the answer that of the few of us who post here, none of immediately knows of such a situation.

A situation that is able to be discussed on a public forum at least.

Has a policeman ever fired more than 20 rounds in self-defense? Ever?

To answer your question Yes, most definitely and this is only one example.

1986 FBI Miami shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1986 FBI Miami shootout
The shootout involved ten people: two suspects and eight FBI agents. Of the ten, only one, Special Agent Manauzzi, did not fire any shots (firearm thrown from car in initial collision), while only one, Special Agent Risner, was able to emerge from the battle without a wound. The incident lasted under five minutes yet approximately 145 shots were exchanged.
Jerry Dove: Smith & Wesson Model 459 9mm pistol, 20+ rounds fired. Killed by two .223 gunshot wounds to the head.
Ronald Risner: Smith & Wesson Model 459 9mm pistol, 14 rounds fired, S&W Model 60 .38 Special revolver, one round .38 Special +P fired. Uninjured

Why did you move the goalposts?

You started this thread by asking if it ever happened, now you want to make it recent history. What counts as recent history? The last 50 years? This century? This week?

I wouldn't know.

What I do know is that I carry 31 rounds with me whenever I leave the house. Even if I am just going to Wal*Mart.

You create your own dragons, and then you live in fear of them.

People like you--that feel compelled to "protect" themselves with crazy amounts of firearms and ammunition--live in fear of things that other people never, ever worry over.

If I could give you meaningful advice, it would be to rid yourself of the "armor" you hide inside. Become a free person and get rid of your "protection." Meet the world as it is, and don't worry so much about being harmed.

If you walk as a free person, you will be much happier and free of fear.

Utter nonsense! Your dragon seems to be firearms. You apparently fear the guns and the people carrying them. The police do not carry guns because of fear. The military does not carry guns because of fear, and few private citizens carry guns because of fear.

They all carry guns because they believe they might have a real need to use one to defend themselves or others.

Since the 2nd Amendment also pertains to the Militia, both organized and unorganized your point is meaningless. As a Militia the people need to have the same carry capacity as the military. Which is 30 rounds for the supposed assault weapons.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the militia was called up? The Spanish - American War?

Who cares? You don't like the Right? CHANGE the fucking Constitution. You nor the Government get to pass laws in violation of said Constitution.

The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.

- Justice Robert H. Jackson

I wouldn't know.

GOOD FOR YOU.... what fucking business is it of yours what anyone else does???

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF OTHERS LIVES YOU COMMIE PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!

Has a policeman ever fired more than 20 rounds in self-defense? Ever?

To answer your question Yes, most definitely and this is only one example.

1986 FBI Miami shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1986 FBI Miami shootout
The shootout involved ten people: two suspects and eight FBI agents. Of the ten, only one, Special Agent Manauzzi, did not fire any shots (firearm thrown from car in initial collision), while only one, Special Agent Risner, was able to emerge from the battle without a wound. The incident lasted under five minutes yet approximately 145 shots were exchanged.
Jerry Dove: Smith & Wesson Model 459 9mm pistol, 20+ rounds fired. Killed by two .223 gunshot wounds to the head.
Ronald Risner: Smith & Wesson Model 459 9mm pistol, 14 rounds fired, S&W Model 60 .38 Special revolver, one round .38 Special +P fired. Uninjured

Then based on the actions of these few cops, we clearly need to limit the amount of ammo all cops can carry.

Why did you move the goalposts?

You started this thread by asking if it ever happened, now you want to make it recent history. What counts as recent history? The last 50 years? This century? This week?

Lets turn the table and ask if they are willing to infringe on the First Amendment... I mean who the Hell needs the internet, or twitter, or message boards?

Forum List

Back