Has anyone here ordered dinners from blue apron?

Just curious if the quality is good

Funny you should ask. Just this week my wife ordered two meals from Marley Spoon, a service like blue apron.

The first was a five spice fish dinner. Two larger than a restaurant would serve of pieces of Cod, with directions and all the ingredients were delivered in a cooler. The fish were frozen solid and everything we needed were included. We needed to make the marinade in which we put the defrosted fish. The dry noodles were covered in hot water and then rinsed dry, while the fish removed from the marinade was cooked under the broiler. It was then place over the noodles with all the spices. Very good, my only complaint was the cod steaks had bones.

The second included two beef ball steaks, large enough that we split one and saved the other. This included a medley of small potatoes, cut and washed, which we smashed as directed, drizzled with olive oil (provided) and cooked in the oven. We then cooked the steak in a cast iron skillet (not included), dressed the spinach salad with the dressing also included. it was quite good too, but both dinners were almost as much work as cooking from scratch - sans shopping of course.

The recipes at Publix and the various catering places that cook to order make me wonder how these places stay in business. I have two quarts of onion soup I need to get to so if this idea kept the left over problem down I would be happy.

Forum List

Back