Has Obama Ever Negotiated Successfully?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
This is a serious question. When I think back to all the negotiations he's been part of, I cannot recall one time he came out on top.
Not when he went to the Olympic COmmittee to stump for Chicago. Not when he went to Copenhagen to negotiate climate change. Not when he negotiated with Iran. Not when he negotiated with Russia. Not when he negotiated with the GOP.
Is there a negotiation success that Obama has had in his entire term?

President Obama successfully negotiated with the entire United States voting population, and got the majority of them to elect him to the hyghyst offyce in the nytyyn.

The fact that a few racists shoot down President Obama's flawless proposals in private does not in any way diminish his successes in the public arena.

President Obama successfully negotiated with the entire United States voting population, and got the majority of them to elect him to the hyghyst offyce in the nytyyn.

The fact that a few racists shoot down President Obama's flawless proposals in private does not in any way diminish his successes in the public arena.

So the answer is No. We got it.
How are things at the frat house?

That just makes him a manipulator — not a leader.

Hitler was a manipulator.

Stalin was a manipulator.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0]Living Colour, Cult of Personality[/ame]

Your race card expired a long time ago and your consumption of the kool aid has clouded your interpretation of opinion

For political matters? not that I know of. but he was able to negotiate his wife into marrying him. Sometimes the negotiations of the heart are much more difficult.

This is a serious question. When I think back to all the negotiations he's been part of, I cannot recall one time he came out on top.
Not when he went to the Olympic COmmittee to stump for Chicago. Not when he went to Copenhagen to negotiate climate change. Not when he negotiated with Iran. Not when he negotiated with Russia. Not when he negotiated with the GOP.

He got ObamaCare passed, didn't he?

He got the stimulus bill passed, didn't he?

He got Dodd/Frank passed, didn't he?

He got Sotomayor and Kagan onto the Supreme Court, didn't he?

He got the new START treaty, didn't he?

He got tax increases on the rich, didn't he?

Last edited:

Kicked your asses on the ACA. Kicked your asses in 2012. Got rid of Gaddafi and Bin Laden. Managed to prevent the Second Great Republican Depression, in spite of the GOP doing all it could to make it happen. Stock market in record territory. Employment coming back.

So glad you fellows love the taste of sour grapes.

He successfully negotiated to be the # 1 bottom in his Chicago bathhouse 4 years running. :D

Kicked your asses on the ACA. Kicked your asses in 2012. Got rid of Gaddafi and Bin Laden.

Mussolini, Hitler and Stalin "kicked ass" for a little while, too.

Obama, like them, has done the same through a careful course of media manipulation of the facts.

Now that the media are no longer in his tank, we see him for what he truly is: a manipulator, not a leader.

OldRocks said:
Managed to prevent the Second Great Republican Depression, in spite of the GOP doing all it could to make it happen. Stock market in record territory. Employment coming back.

At Wal-Mart, McDonald's and the Home Depot, yeah.

Yay. President. Obama.

A Democrat President getting his judge appointments to The Court takes no negotiation effort. Contrast that with the smear campaigns by Democrats when it is a Republican appointee.

Let me see?

Is this another Rabbi thread where he demands information and then routinely dismisses and information proving him wrong?

You wouldn't do that would you Rabbi?

The government isn't still shut down, the debt ceiling was raised, the country didn't default on its debt,

so either the President successfully negotiated an end to those Republican initiatives, or the Republicans caved.

On the other hand, getting the GOP to cave would be a successful negotiation by the President.

No to all of those. He didnt negotiate with anyone on the legislative issues. Congressional Democrats did that.
And on the budget deal he had to send Biden to negotiate for him. He was so disruptive they asked him to leave the room.

No to all of those. He didnt negotiate with anyone on the legislative issues. Congressional Democrats did that.
And on the budget deal he had to send Biden to negotiate for him. He was so disruptive they asked him to leave the room.

Winner, Winner.....Chicken Dinner

Rabbi is right on cue

Let me see?

Is this another Rabbi thread where he demands information and then routinely dismisses and information proving him wrong?

You wouldn't do that would you Rabbi?

Obamacare says HELLO IM OVER HERE

He had almost nothing to do with Obamacare. Remember the debate on whether to have a public option? Obama gave a speech that was supposed to show what the administration's position was. His position was Whatever you guys decide is fine with me.
It is really a misnomer to call it Obamacare, as he had very little input. I'm happy to continue calling it that because he is ultimately responsible for it.

Forum List

Back