Has the Democratic Party abandoned their union base?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
The republican party has never been the best friend of unions in this country. Unions have always looked at free trade as a threat to their existence and a lot of that is true because a company can avoid the hassle of unions and high wages if they moved to some third world country. It is a fact and it happens but since the democratic party wants to attack trump as being against free trade because he wants to slow down some of the things that happen under these agreements that harm unionized American workers it makes me wonder if the democratic party is throwing unions under the bus in order to make the pool of international rich people happy. It appears the Bourgeoisie is kicking ass everywhere in the world!

They're leaning that way...because unions MIGHT BE abandoning the Ds first.

Why???

Illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants work long, work hard and work cheap. Many American workers have lost low skill jobs to them. And businesses are wanting to move to non union states so they can hire them. It's why Texas and the South are booming.

So now....when a 22 year old black man is applying for a job....20 years ago he would have 5 other applicants competing with him. NOW....thanks to open borders....he has 30 competing with him. And tbey'll do it for cheaper.

This is why it baffles me how black folk can still vote Democrat.

Why???

Illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants work long, work hard and work cheap. Many American workers have lost low skill jobs to them. And businesses are wanting to move to non union states so they can hire them. It's why Texas and the South are booming.

So now....when a 22 year old black man is applying for a job....20 years ago he would have 5 other applicants competing with him. NOW....thanks to open borders....he has 30 competing with him. And tbey'll do it for cheaper.

I don't think the leadership will vacate the dems. The afl-cio went pro illegal years ago. I used to drive by carpenters union a lot, mostly all chicanos. This was Orange county, ca. during housing boom. Membership is all they care about.

Didnt they announce their revulsion of white middle class last election........this is old news

I respect trade unions that must prove a certain level of competency before moving up. Carpenters, electricians, etc. Tax payer financed unions are fleecing the herd. Processing drivers licenses, and other similar jobs can be accomplished by any idiot.

Why???

I agree with the basic tenants of your post, but many people with multiple skin tones have reached out and voted for more free stuff from their neighbors.

Forum List

Back