Have I Too Fallen Under The Donald's Spell?

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
Last night I decided to call eBay and settle a dispute from several years ago involving a hundred bucks they claimed (incorrectly) that I owed them. I was looking for something and found it there so I'd have to concede (painful) that I'd pay them after pleading no-contest to rejoin and buy what I was after. Then something happened....

The voice on the other end of the line was island asian, not pakistani. WTF? As we all know, customer service for outfits of this kind (not Amazon...love me some Amazon!) outsourced their service calls. I only got to this one after patiently answering a number of robo questions. Patience growing thin, I finally just smacked the "0" button and got Miss Manila. That's right....eBay's customer service is now located in the Philippines!

I told her I wanted to speak to AN AMERICAN. She got busy with evasive replies from her script. I wasn't having any of it. "AN AMERICAN" I said louder. She didn't stop trying....her accent getting thicker and thicker until it was undecipherable. I'd had enough.

"Maybe you haven't heard that our next president will be DONALD TRUMP and your job will be returning to the United States and AN AMERICAN will be answering these calls!". And then I disconnected. And sat wondering what had just come out of my mouth. I was for Rubio...can't stand Trump. And yet.....I was smiling and felt all chesty and patriotic for the rest of the evening. What's happening to me?
huh.gif

I did. But congress will NEVER ok a wall.
But theres really no choice. Trump is a corporatist. Why would he go against corporations?
I dont trust him but I dont trust any of the traitors.

If you believe Trump is going to return call center jobs to America, you have officially drunk the koolaid. :). He doesn't even make his own products here in the U.S. and hires almost exclusively foreign workers at his private club. Trump is in this for his ego, not for you.

If you believe Trump is going to return call center jobs to America, you have officially drunk the koolaid. :). He doesn't even make his own products here in the U.S. and hires almost exclusively foreign workers at his private club. Trump is in this for his ego, not for you.

Oh I know....but out in Fountain Hills he finally spilled the beans....imports coming from American incorporated companies are going to face a 35% tariff....and finally somebody who has a chance to make it happen AGREES with what I've been saying since NAFTA. I believe I've been persuaded to give him a chance to do it.

Guess what?
Trump is just as angry as you about having been forced to do those things because of our anti-business government policies.
He wants to hire Americans and he wants as much as possible, of all of American Companies products to be made here.

At least he has some products to be made somewhere and some jobs to be had by someone somewhere. Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, or none of the others have ever created a job or have any products that need to be manufactured. Hillary has used her position as Secretary of State to shake down donations from foreign governments and special interest groups including Wall Street. I fully realize that what Hillary has done to this country is perfectly fine with you however.

If American policies are setup to screw American workers to increase profits i.e. the H1-B visa program a businessman will take advantage of the legal advantages given to him. Competing in business is damn hard and you will use every legal advantage provided by government regulations but there sure as hell are a pile of them that cost you plenty. Anyone that has been a business owner like I was will tell you the same thing. If you take away the bad policies as well as the bad regulations that burden businesses that's good for workers and business. Who better to fix that than Trump? Hillary? Gimme a break she couldn't operate a lemonade stand without f**ing it up.

If American policies are setup to screw American workers to increase profits i.e. the H1-B visa program a businessman will take advantage of the legal advantages given to him. Competing in business is damn hard and you will use every legal advantage provided by government regulations but there sure as hell are a pile of them that cost you plenty. Anyone that has been a business owner like I was will tell you the same thing. If you take away the bad policies as well as the bad regulations that burden businesses that's good for workers and business. Who better to fix that than Trump? Hillary? Gimme a break she couldn't operate a lemonade stand without f**ing it up.

I agree. I owned a sportswear printing business for 30 years. Every April 15th I had to give Sam a THIRD of what I'd made at it. Did Sam take any risks with me? Did he lose any sleep over how to finance an expansion, or fight off the EPA, or go into debt with me to buy a new press? Did he breathe the lint, or fumes from xylol clean-up, or try to collect from a late-paying customer? Did he have to keep up with new trends in the industry or put up with lazy workers or salespeople who'd tell a customer anything to get a commission? Or find better suppliers or a better advertising strategy? Nope. But he'd either get his third or throw me into prison.

Well Cruz is establishment all the way so pick your poison.

BTW, I discovered Etsy, found a much better deal than I'd found on eBay, got a nice welcome from the site, bought my item, and will never again have to deal with eBay or pay them the hundred bucks I never owed them. :rock:

Trump didn't make billions by being a dumb fuck. He used the cheapest service that could provide the product he wanted. That's what businesses do. When you go shopping do you say "that's too cheap" and go pay more for the same item in a different store?

He's running for president, not CEO. The irony is he doesn't need the money. He doesn't need to make the crony deals we suffer from now. Especially with obama where the rich got even richer. The Kool-Aid is all yours.

I agree. I owned a sportswear printing business for 30 years. Every April 15th I had to give Sam a THIRD of what I'd made at it. Did Sam take any risks with me? Did he lose any sleep over how to finance an expansion, or fight off the EPA, or go into debt with me to buy a new press? Did he breathe the lint, or fumes from xylol clean-up, or try to collect from a late-paying customer? Did he have to keep up with new trends in the industry or put up with lazy workers or salespeople who'd tell a customer anything to get a commission? Or find better suppliers or a better advertising strategy? Nope. But he'd either get his third or throw me into prison.
I had a screen printing business, xylol is nasty. I used laquer thinner mostly, still nasty but not as bad. Depends on the ink though.

Last night I decided to call eBay and settle a dispute from several years ago involving a hundred bucks they claimed (incorrectly) that I owed them. I was looking for something and found it there so I'd have to concede (painful) that I'd pay them after pleading no-contest to rejoin and buy what I was after. Then something happened....

The voice on the other end of the line was island asian, not pakistani. WTF? As we all know, customer service for outfits of this kind (not Amazon...love me some Amazon!) outsourced their service calls. I only got to this one after patiently answering a number of robo questions. Patience growing thin, I finally just smacked the "0" button and got Miss Manila. That's right....eBay's customer service is now located in the Philippines!

I told her I wanted to speak to AN AMERICAN. She got busy with evasive replies from her script. I wasn't having any of it. "AN AMERICAN" I said louder. She didn't stop trying....her accent getting thicker and thicker until it was undecipherable. I'd had enough.

"Maybe you haven't heard that our next president will be DONALD TRUMP and your job will be returning to the United States and AN AMERICAN will be answering these calls!". And then I disconnected. And sat wondering what had just come out of my mouth. I was for Rubio...can't stand Trump. And yet.....I was smiling and felt all chesty and patriotic for the rest of the evening. What's happening to me?
huh.gif
Aka, Little Rubio lost

Lol

Why don't you fish for a quote, ala Bill Gates, where Trump says all Americans are incompetent boobs.

Why don't you fish for a quote, ala Bill Gates, where Trump says all Americans are incompetent boobs.
I don't know if Trump said that but Gates sure treated us like fools.

When I deal with people on the phone that I can't understand, I just ask them "Is there any way that I can just talk to a machine"

huh.gif
Yes you have pal. Yes you have.

Trump didn't make billions by being a dumb fuck. He used the cheapest service that could provide the product he wanted. That's what businesses do. When you go shopping do you say "that's too cheap" and go pay more for the same item in a different store?

He's running for president, not CEO. The irony is he doesn't need the money. He doesn't need to make the crony deals we suffer from now. Especially with obama where the rich got even richer. The Kool-Aid is all yours.
And he cannot be bought.

Forum List

Back