Have I Too Fallen Under The Donald's Spell?

Last night I decided to call eBay and settle a dispute from several years ago involving a hundred bucks they claimed (incorrectly) that I owed them. I was looking for something and found it there so I'd have to concede (painful) that I'd pay them after pleading no-contest to rejoin and buy what I was after. Then something happened....

The voice on the other end of the line was island asian, not pakistani. WTF? As we all know, customer service for outfits of this kind (not Amazon...love me some Amazon!) outsourced their service calls. I only got to this one after patiently answering a number of robo questions. Patience growing thin, I finally just smacked the "0" button and got Miss Manila. That's right....eBay's customer service is now located in the Philippines!

I told her I wanted to speak to AN AMERICAN. She got busy with evasive replies from her script. I wasn't having any of it. "AN AMERICAN" I said louder. She didn't stop trying....her accent getting thicker and thicker until it was undecipherable. I'd had enough.

"Maybe you haven't heard that our next president will be DONALD TRUMP and your job will be returning to the United States and AN AMERICAN will be answering these calls!". And then I disconnected. And sat wondering what had just come out of my mouth. I was for Rubio...can't stand Trump. And yet.....I was smiling and felt all chesty and patriotic for the rest of the evening. What's happening to me?
huh.gif

What happened to you? I'll guess you failed out of high school.

Forum List

Back