Have your food costs risen?

Has your grocery bill increased since Obama took office?

• No, it's gone down by 50% praise be to Obama. (The Sallow/Rdean option)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Due to the brilliance of Obama, it's remained exactly the same. (The Blindboo option.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes. But the government stats disregard this inflation. If beef goes up 50%, we're supposed to be happy eating tofu instead.

It's for our own good. Moochelle says we should be eating less anyway.

obama will help you eat less. Using GPS data from your car, Food Interventionists will be able to "help" you change the way you shop, when you shop, and where you shop.

USDA Grants $149,074 to Study Food Shopping Patterns with GPS | CNS News

“Although neighborhood-level efforts are paramount for food system sustainability, at the micro-level, where residents procure food, interventions are also needed,” the grant says.

“Such that examining behaviors and perceptions of the locations where families purchase food for consumption can aid in developing trainings and key materials that will most directly influence purchasing behavior. Lastly, the ultimate goal of the project is to develop and submit an integrated grant that will lead to improved diet quality among families.” - f

It's for our own good. Moochelle says we should be eating less anyway.

obama will help you eat less. Using GPS data from your car, Food Interventionists will be able to "help" you change the way you shop, when you shop, and where you shop.

USDA Grants $149,074 to Study Food Shopping Patterns with GPS | CNS News

“Although neighborhood-level efforts are paramount for food system sustainability, at the micro-level, where residents procure food, interventions are also needed,” the grant says.

“Such that examining behaviors and perceptions of the locations where families purchase food for consumption can aid in developing trainings and key materials that will most directly influence purchasing behavior. Lastly, the ultimate goal of the project is to develop and submit an integrated grant that will lead to improved diet quality among families.” - f

This explains a lot.

I causally mentioned that food cost was up 100 to 150% since Obama took office in another thread, and one of the forum Obamunists posted a BOLS link claiming food prices have only increased 3%.

Now this hits "big lie" territory, so I figured I'd put up a poll to see how successful the big lie campaign is.

No doubt gas cost have risen only 3% as well, according to the bureau of labor statistics. We can trust our rulers to tell us the truth.

Make gas unaffordable and people will buy less. Make energy unaffordable and people will be forced to stop using those air conditioners and fans. Make food unaffordable and people will be forced into a government approved weight.

Food has become more expensive, but so has pretty much everything else. Inflation is normal. I also wanted to check the pineapple thing: I love pineapple juice. :)

We have an official inflation rate of 2.3%

Do you believe that food costs have risen only 9.2% since Obama became ruler?

I've been traveling a lot and haven't spent much time in the States over the past few years. Food prices have risen all over the world. Is that Obama's fault too? You folks who like to blame everything on Obama: do you realize you aren't convincing anyone of such self-serving nonsense?

I've been traveling a lot and haven't spent much time in the States over the past few years. Food prices have risen all over the world. Is that Obama's fault too? You folks who like to blame everything on Obama: do you realize you aren't convincing anyone of such self-serving nonsense?

The fault for rising food costs are two fold:

1.) Ethanol programs. These started under Bush - George H. Bush. They expanded under Clinton and exploded under Dubya. Obama has continued, but not particularly expanded, the Bush Ethanol programs. Mexico went as far as accuse the USA of attempted genocide over the impact this has on corn prices. Corn is the primary feed for most livestock - this has driven food costs up dramatically across the board - and world wide.

2.) Quantitative Easing: The introduction of vast amounts of currency into the market. Under the direction of Fed Chairman Bernanke, the amount of currency has risen about 240% since Obama took office. Most of this is electronic - we don't print a lot of notes anymore. More dollars chasing a static pool of goods causes the price to rise. In the case of food, the rise has been dramatic.

Yes. But the government stats disregard this inflation. If beef goes up 50%, we're supposed to be happy eating tofu instead.

"beef"? I remember beef....those were the good ol days. :sad:

Even a pot roast is $16 here in Phoenix. I can afford that but I won't...I know there's a drought, and that corn is being used as a "biofuel" instead of feeding livestock, and that the food broker makes more than the rancher, but c'mon. :doubt:

The bride does most of the shopping and complains about price increases all the time. Since I come hardwired with an overabundance of the Husband Gene, I sometimes have trouble listening to her word for word during such discussions (frequently referred to as: You're Not Listening To Me syndrome) so I can't name a specific product but some of the increased prices are much much higher than her comparatives. I shop so little that I don't pay attention to prices as I've got no basis for such comparisons.

Coincidentally, just a few days ago at a local watering hole two guys I know whom I assumed were in my price awareness boat got into a long bitchfest about prices of a lot of grocery store items. They were steamed too so it must be as bad as they're saying.

yes. It's called inflation. It's what happens when you print more and more money

Higher food prices is what you get when you inflate the cost of fuel and it's taxes to further an environmental agenda without regard for the FACT that transportation costs will be passed along to the consumer, which they are.

Forum List

Back