HE HAS RISEN!

Jesus never existed.
Yes He did. There is historical proof that the apostle Paul wrote one of the books of the new testament. I believe it was Romans. He was a contemporary of the other apostles, who were eyewitnesses to the life of Jesus.

Even if you accept the bible account at face value, Paul never met Jesus personally. So Paul was just repeating what other people said.

And that works on the assumption that Paul wrote all the epistles attributed to him.

It also assumes that Paul wasn't just making Jesus up as a literary device.

And also assumes that Paul's account wasn't reworked by the editors at the Council of Nicea. Or elsewhere.

It's kind of stupefying what flimsy evidence the delusional will build their whole spiritual lives around.

Mathew 28:6
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

-Geaux

:eusa_hand:

This is the Current Events forum. That means what's going down now. Myths from two thousand years ago fall just short of that standard.

Repost from last year:

"Easter".... "estrus"...

The modern belief that eggs are delivered by a rabbit, comes from the legend of the Goddess Eostre. Eostre was walking one fine Spring day and came upon a beautiful little bird. The poor bird’s wing was badly injured and Eostre, feeling great compassion for the little creature, wanted to heal it. But the little bird’ wing was so badly damaged that Eostre knew it would never be able to fly again even after She healed it. So, Eostre decided to help the bird by healing it in a way that would give it mobility and a little something more? She turned it into a rabbit!

During the transformation, the rabbit retained the ability to lay eggs. The rabbit was so grateful to Eostre for saving its life that it laid a sacred egg in Her honor, joyously decorated it and then humbly presented it to the Goddess. She was so pleased and so touched by the rabbit’s thoughtful gift that She wished all humankind to share in her joy. In honoring her wishes, the rabbit went all over the world distributing these beautifully decorated little gifts of life and continues to do so even today.​

Sorry, this is a current event that is celebrated throughout the world.

-Geaux

Even if it were an actual event, it's two thousand years old. That's not "current" under any definition.

Yes it is. Did you miss the part about it being celebrated around the world every year? Which mean, ding....ding....ding....

It's a current event once a year

Rightfully so for a country founded on Christianity

-Geaux
In what way is it an "event" that April 5 follows April 4? What was the alternative? Was there a chance that today would be October 28th?

And number two, if you want a country founded on Christianity, you're in the wrong place. This is USMB.

In this upgrade of the Easter Resurrection story from the movie "Gravity" a Resurrected George Clooney [earlier in the movie he sacrificed himself to save Sandra Bullock] rips out the Rock [entrance port]of the Sepulcher Bullock is preparing for herself....Bullock feeling alone , desperate and without hope is saved ...tells her "salvation is a Sunday ride away...she rallies and returns to Paradise....

Bit of a stretch innit? I watched that whole movie and never once thought of Easter or resurrection.

Mathew 28:6
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

-Geaux

This is the Current Events forum. That means what's going down now. Myths from two thousand years ago fall just short of that standard.

Repost from last year:

"Easter".... "estrus"...

The modern belief that eggs are delivered by a rabbit, comes from the legend of the Goddess Eostre. Eostre was walking one fine Spring day and came upon a beautiful little bird. The poor bird’s wing was badly injured and Eostre, feeling great compassion for the little creature, wanted to heal it. But the little bird’ wing was so badly damaged that Eostre knew it would never be able to fly again even after She healed it. So, Eostre decided to help the bird by healing it in a way that would give it mobility and a little something more? She turned it into a rabbit!

During the transformation, the rabbit retained the ability to lay eggs. The rabbit was so grateful to Eostre for saving its life that it laid a sacred egg in Her honor, joyously decorated it and then humbly presented it to the Goddess. She was so pleased and so touched by the rabbit’s thoughtful gift that She wished all humankind to share in her joy. In honoring her wishes, the rabbit went all over the world distributing these beautifully decorated little gifts of life and continues to do so even today.​

-Geaux

Even if it were an actual event, it's two thousand years old. That's not "current" under any definition.

Yes it is. Did you miss the part about it being celebrated around the world every year? Which mean, ding....ding....ding....

-Geaux
In what way is it an "event" that April 5 follows April 4? What was the alternative? Was there a chance that today would be October 28th?

And number two, if you want a country founded on Christianity, you're in the wrong place. This is USMB.

This country was founded on Christianity.

Deal with it

-Geaux

Repost from last year:

"Easter".... "estrus"...

-Geaux

-Geaux

Deal with it

-Geaux

On the contrary -- it was very much founded to put a finger in the eye of those Authoritarians of the First Estate who would force that to be the case. And immediately at Amendment Number One we ensured that wasn't going to be the case.

For it is written -- literally.

Deal with that.

Happy-Easter-Short-Message.gif

In this upgrade of the Easter Resurrection story from the movie "Gravity" a Resurrected George Clooney [earlier in the movie he sacrificed himself to save Sandra Bullock] rips out the Rock [entrance port]of the Sepulcher Bullock is preparing for herself....Bullock feeling alone , desperate and without hope is saved ...tells her "salvation is a Sunday ride away...she rallies and returns to Paradise....

Bit of a stretch innit? I watched that whole movie and never once thought of Easter or resurrection.

Watch it again...take note of how frequently the images of crosses appear on the screen..cross bars ...note how when Clooney saves Bullard by giving up his life as he leaves his arm extend from his body...note the paralleles ...he dies and saves Bullard...he Resurrects apparently and redirects her from death back to what seems to be a primordial paradise of water and mud [take note that frog was shown in the final scenes in my opinion a "nod to evolution" a frog being a transitional evolutionary animal ...

Gravity 'celebrates presence of God' say US Christian ...

Watch it again...take note of how frequently the images of crosses appear on the screen..cross bars ...note how when Clooney saves Bullard by giving up his life as he leaves his arm extend from his body...note the paralleles ...he dies and saves Bullard...he Resurrects apparently and redirects her from death back to what seems to be a primordial paradise of water and mud [take note that frog was shown in the final scenes in my opinion a "nod to evolution" a frog being a transitional evolutionary animal ...

Gravity 'celebrates presence of God' say US Christian ...

Sorry, this is right up there with the Paul McCartney is Dead clues. :eusa_snooty:

... And?

I'm not trying to convince you -- you're trying to convince me. I ain't buying.
I frankly do not give a shit about you...sorry but that is how it is ...you are nothing and also nobody...I do not know you and you are not the sum total of everyone ...you are a zero to the left...

Sorry, this is right up there with the Paul McCartney is Dead clues. :eusa_snooty:
Sorry but your opinion carry zero weight with me ....

... And?

I frankly do not give a shit about you...

Once again -- why should I care? You're the one selling this story, and it's not selling. Deal with it.

... And?

I frankly do not give a shit about you...sorry but that is how it is ...you are nothing and also nobody...I do not know you and you are not the sum total of everyone ...you are a zero to the left...

Which one of us is all whiy-butthurt that his hidden-clues story isn't selling? Which one of us just tried to go political in a tangent of a thread neither of which has anything to do with politics?

Exactly.

snore.gif

During the time of the founding fathers Thanksgiving was a day set aside for prayer and fasting. This is the first Presidential (instead of state or congressional)

Thanksgiving Day Proclamation, issued by George Washington in 1789.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor - and Whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be

– That we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks

– for His kind care and protection of the People of this country previous to their becoming a Nation

– for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of His providence, which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war

– for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed

– for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted, for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions

– to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually

– to render our national government a blessing to all the People, by constantly being a government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed

– to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord

– To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and Us

– and generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.
GO. WASHINGTON.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Deal with it

-Geaux

On the contrary -- it was very much founded to put a finger in the eye of those Authoritarians of the First Estate who would force that to be the case. And immediately at Amendment Number One we ensured that wasn't going to be the case.

For it is written -- literally.

Deal with that.

On Easter Sunday, Christians celebrate the resurrection of the Lord, Jesus Christ. It is typically the most well-attended Sunday service of the year forChristian churches.

Christians believe, according to Scripture, that Jesus came back to life, or was raised from the dead, three days after his death on the cross. As part of the Easter season, the death of Jesus Christ by crucifixion is commemorated

on Good Friday, always the Friday just before Easter. Through his death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus paid the penalty for sin, thus purchasing for all who believe in him, eternal life in Christ Jesus.

(For a more detailed explanation about his death and resurrection, see Why Did Jesus Have to Die? and Timeline of Jesus' Final Hours.)

Easter Season
In Western Christianity, Easter marks the end of Lent, a 40-day period of fasting, repentance, moderation and spiritual discipline in preparation for Easter. Lent begins on Ash Wednesdayand ends on Easter Sunday. Eastern Orthodox churches observe Lent or Great Lent, during the 6 weeks or 40 days preceding Palm Sunday with fasting continuing during the Holy Weekof Easter. Lent for Eastern Orthodox churches begins on Monday and Ash Wednesday is not observed.

Because of Easter's pagan origins, and also because of the commercialization of Easter, many Christian churches choose to refer to the holiday as Resurrection Day.

What Is Easter and Why Do Christians Celebrate

On Easter Sunday, Christians celebrate the resurrection of the Lord, Jesus Christ. It is typically the most well-attended Sunday service of the year forChristian churches.

Christians believe, according to Scripture, that Jesus came back to life, or was raised from the dead, three days after his death on the cross. As part of the Easter season, the death of Jesus Christ by crucifixion is commemorated

on Good Friday, always the Friday just before Easter. Through his death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus paid the penalty for sin, thus purchasing for all who believe in him, eternal life in Christ Jesus.

(For a more detailed explanation about his death and resurrection, see Why Did Jesus Have to Die? and Timeline of Jesus' Final Hours.)

Easter Season
In Western Christianity, Easter marks the end of Lent, a 40-day period of fasting, repentance, moderation and spiritual discipline in preparation for Easter. Lent begins on Ash Wednesdayand ends on Easter Sunday. Eastern Orthodox churches observe Lent or Great Lent, during the 6 weeks or 40 days preceding Palm Sunday with fasting continuing during the Holy Weekof Easter. Lent for Eastern Orthodox churches begins on Monday and Ash Wednesday is not observed.

Because of Easter's pagan origins, and also because of the commercialization of Easter, many Christian churches choose to refer to the holiday as Resurrection Day.

What Is Easter and Why Do Christians Celebrate

Whatever. Still not an "event". What you have here is a Religion thread, not Current Events.

An "event" means "X happened". It doesn't mean 'X group of people believe A, B and C".
Know what else rose, not two thousand years ago but this morning? The sun, in the east. While that's "current" it's still not an "event" -- we all knew it was coming. If the sun suddenly without warning rose in the north, then you'd have a Current Event.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back