He is the reason we need term limits in congress

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Dingle and many others who made a career in Congress or the Senate..

Dingle went into Congress in 1955.. He is now 87. That is outrageous. Him and MCCAIN and anyone over 20 yrs needs to be booted out!! Then term limits. NO longer then 10 yrs in each office.. U.S. Rep. Dingell announces retirement at age 87

Dingle is a democrap and he is one another reason that Detroit is a shit hole..

Why should anyone - other than their constituents - be able to decide?

If you don't like your representative, then work against their re-election. You don't get to have a say in who represents another state/district.

I agree that careerists in Washington are a problem, but until we reform a lot of other things, we'll just have inexperienced people doling out taxpayer money to supporters in order to get re-elected.

Dingle went into Congress in 1955.. He is now 87. That is outrageous. Him and MCCAIN and anyone over 20 yrs needs to be booted out!! Then term limits. NO longer then 10 yrs in each office.. U.S. Rep. Dingell announces retirement at age 87

Strom Thurmond had him beat...he was a democrat but became a republican.

So...tell us you've written to your congressman to submit a amendment to create term limits. Have you gotten a reply back yet?

Term Limits limit voter options, but I think we really need to get them in place. Doing that and getting the money out of politics would be a huge step in the right direction.

If term limits are good enough for the Office of the President then they should for both houses of congress.
In Addition, we also need a mandatory retirement age for both houses of congress and the supreme court.

Last edited:
Don't like him? Vote him out of office

It has happened thousands of times

Term Limits limit voter options, but I think we really need to get them in place. Doing that and getting the money out of politics would be a huge step in the right direction.

Term limits would have to be nationawide, or the seniority system would handicap all those with term limits.

Since it is virtually impossible to get the money out of politics, how about we work on getting politics out of the money. When politicians have little to sell, they draw very few buyers. Reform the tax system (FAIR tax) and put the national governmeht back in the box established by the Constitution, and the rest will take care of itself.

I think the money is the issue. Politicians can enrich their friends and families with taxpayer money. They can trade a government contract for a big campaign contribution.

The one who have been there longer - just know how to pluck the money tree better. But they all learn soon enough.

IMHO - THIS is a much bigger problem than longevity.

Strom Thurmond had him beat...he was a democrat but became a republican.

So...tell us you've written to your congressman to submit a amendment to create term limits. Have you gotten a reply back yet?

And a black love child. God broke the mold with that guy.

I'd personally go 8 years in the House and 12 in the Senate, but .... not like this will go anywhere.

Palazzo introduces term limits bill - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

The constitutional issue is cloudy at best. No doubt some rogue federal judge could strike down a term limits law, but there is nothing the Constitution against it - it would be made up "constitutional" law.

The justification for term limits is that the people who wrote the Constitution (aka, the "Founding Fathers") undoubtedly would have written term limits into the Constitution if they had seen what we have now. Clearly, they had no contemplation of Reps being in office for 30 years; they made the terms two years so that they could get back to their farms, businesses and families after serving a term or two in Washington. And I'm sure they had the same thoughts about the Senate; six years should be enough for anyone.

And the voters can't be blamed for sending back these morons and self-dealers time after time, because their seniority makes it possible for them to bring home more pork than the guys from other states. But this is not a legitimate consideration.

I personally think that term limits should only be in effect for Democrats.

The constitutional issue is cloudy at best. No doubt some rogue federal judge could strike down a term limits law, but there is nothing the Constitution against it - it would be made up "constitutional" law.

The justification for term limits is that the people who wrote the Constitution (aka, the "Founding Fathers") undoubtedly would have written term limits into the Constitution if they had seen what we have now. Clearly, they had no contemplation of Reps being in office for 30 years; they made the terms two years so that they could get back to their farms, businesses and families after serving a term or two in Washington. And I'm sure they had the same thoughts about the Senate; six years should be enough for anyone.

And the voters can't be blamed for sending back these morons and self-dealers time after time, because their seniority makes it possible for them to bring home more pork than the guys from other states. But this is not a legitimate consideration.

So we should just take your word for what the founders "would have wanted?"

yeah, that's gonna happen.

Not cloudy at all. The Constitution spells out the terms and an amendment was required to put term limits on the presidency

Not only do we need term limits but we also need a mandatory retirement for both houses of congress and the supreme court.

Need a constitutional amendment for that one. Good luck.

Actually it could be done absent a Constitutional amendment. All the house and the senate would have to do is build limits in their respective rules. Fat chance in that happening.

Not only do we need term limits but we also need a mandatory retirement for both houses of congress and the supreme court.

Need a constitutional amendment for that one. Good luck.

Actually it could be done absent a Constitutional amendment. All the house and the senate would have to do is build limits in their respective rules. Fat chance in that happening.

It could happen in a sudden, totally unprecedented and surprising attack of honesty, conscience and integrity, accompanied by for abandoning avarice and greed, among members of both houses.

Fat chance of that happening.

Why should anyone - other than their constituents - be able to decide?

If you don't like your representative, then work against their re-election. You don't get to have a say in who represents another state/district.

I agree that careerists in Washington are a problem, but until we reform a lot of other things, we'll just have inexperienced people doling out taxpayer money to supporters in order to get re-elected.

how is that any different than an experienced one doing it?....

We need term limits and an age limit.

I find it amusing that the dems and libs oppose term limits when the old farts are dems, but they would be all for them if the old farts were pubs.

you dem/libs are the most disengenuous people on earth.

Forum List

Back