He Thought Wearing the Mexican Flag at His Graduation Was a Good Idea

The elephant sitting in the living room seems to be invisible to very intelligent people whom I respect, so pardon me when I say it, but the offender has deep feelings for family members he was separated from at an early age, and he is just a kid, chemically altered by a deep chasm of lovingkindness toward those he lost and felt his only way to show them honor and respect was to wear their symbol which he had no idea he would offend current benefactors who paid his way with taxation.
Didn't he know the dress code rules though?
According to the article others wore pins and other less outlandish violations of the dress code, including Mexican, and they were not punished.

He made a mockery of the ceremony and "his country" and is now crying racism, because HE is special. And he is a "victim."

The elephant sitting in the living room seems to be invisible to very intelligent people whom I respect, so pardon me when I say it, but the offender has deep feelings for family members he was separated from at an early age, and he is just a kid, chemically altered by a deep chasm of lovingkindness toward those he lost and felt his only way to show them honor and respect was to wear their symbol which he had no idea he would offend current benefactors who paid his way with taxation.
Didn't he know the dress code rules though?
According to the article others wore pins and other less outlandish violations of the dress code, including Mexican, and they were not punished.

He made a mockery of the ceremony and "his country" and is now crying racism, because HE is special. And he is a "victim."
If this was a real nation : he would be arrested and shipped back to narco land

He knew exactly what he was doing. If he was graduating, he was not uneducated so the "he didn't know" excuse holds no water. Send him back to the country that he feels such love for but doesn't want to live in.
That would only show how intolerant we are as a culture. If the shoe were on the other foot, and it has been since the Mayflower dropped my mother's ancestor off at Plymouth Rock, we might have had a Union Jack flag flying the day American natives hosted the first Thanksgiving. Would we have been considered in contempt of their generosity of sharing a feast to very hungry Pilgrims showing signs of starvation?
So, right or wrong, I feel the youngster showed poor taste. If he earned the diploma, however, I hope he apologizes for his bad manners. If he does appologize, I hope the diploma he earned is given to him as a sign his alma mater forgives him.

Seems to have created a disrespectful trend. They left Mexico for a reason

Proud of Mexico, but doesn't want to live there

Question. If the Confederate Flag is a symbol of heritage but not hate, why do people display it? Are you saying they want to live in the Confederacy?
It's part of AMERICAN history. It is NOT the Mexican flag.

And did some graduating senior drape himself in the Confederate flag?

Proud of Mexico, but doesn't want to live there

Question. If the Confederate Flag is a symbol of heritage but not hate, why do people display it? Are you saying they want to live in the Confederacy?
It's part of AMERICAN history. It is NOT the Mexican flag.

And did some graduating senior drape himself in the Confederate flag?

And yet look how much Mexican Heritage we have adapted here in the US. How many cities have Spanish names as one example. It is very common in the Southwest. Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and of course California.

Street names. All sorts of things are endowed with Spanish Names. From the shared heritage.

If you knew History you might already know this.

I don't see anything wrong with people not forgetting where ever it is that they came from. Sure they may adapt to where ever they are now, but that doesn't mean that they should have to abandon their roots.

God bless you and the boy always!!!

Holly

P.S. I've been here in east Tennessee for almost twenty five years now and I am no stranger to seeing people around here put on display the love that they still have for where ever it is that they came here from.

1. The principal was forced to take action in order to avoid being criticized by some parents.

2. Personally, I think that the student should have been allowed to wear what he wanted.

a. He just made a fool of himself, but that is his right.

“I did it for my family. They came over here to give me a better future.”

Then why isn't he wearing an American flag?
He is representing the flag of what could have been a much worse future? I dont know what to tell you, these immigrants are often confused people when it comes to that Mexican flag. Mexico is so bad that they flee it, crossing a dangerous desert with rapist coyotes, only to show up here and tell us how awesome Mexico is. Its fucking weird, man. :dunno:

“I did it for my family. They came over here to give me a better future.”

Then why isn't he wearing an American flag?
He is representing the flag of what could have been a much worse future? I dont know what to tell you, these immigrants are often confused people when it comes to that Mexican flag. Mexico is so bad that they flee it, crossing a dangerous desert with rapist coyotes, only to show up here and tell us how awesome Mexico is. Its fucking weird, man. :dunno:
It shows you their agenda is Not to become AMERICAN but to colonize America for Mexico

They seriously DO NOT BELONG HERE. A good government would be vetting these colonizers and throwing them out. Their citizenship must be revoked

These are NOT Americans

What's wrong with being proud of his heritage?

Isn't they your excuse for flying a confederate flag?
You would be losing your mind right now if the story was about a kid wearing a confederate flag at graduation. That makes anything you have to say in this thread pretty fucking useless.

I hope all the jocks were waiting for him outside and gave him a real American beat down.
So violence is the answer, but you are not violent folks.
You as a black person should never complain about other groups being violent. Dont you see how incredibly hypocritical that is, given the unparalleled level of violence found in your community?

Forum List

Back