Health Scare Crisis

That's right, and it's NOT what you said I said, if you can comprehend what you read.
explain it to me slowly.. where did I go wrong?? :lol: slowly now.. what does "Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does" mean exactly? :lol:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/1307073-post96.html

do it in your own words.. what exactly does ""Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does" mean exactly"?

explain it to me slowly.. where did I go wrong?? :lol: slowly now.. what does "Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does" mean exactly? :lol:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/1307073-post96.html

do it in your own words.. what exactly does ""Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does" mean exactly"?
I linked you to the post where I answered that, before you even asked it. Click on the link.

in an evil unhealthy sorta way! yes! but it has a lot more to do with chemistry. dosen't it?
That is where you are wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

Chronic alcoholics are true physical addicts, because if you tale away the ETOH they'll go into respiratory arrest and die.

Tobacco "addiction" (and most other misnamed "addictions" for that matter) are not chemically life threatening....They are persistent and pathological beliefs about what chemicals the body "needs" with no physiological evidence in support.

Nicotine addiction is as chemically addicting as heroin..
Studies PROVE IT!!! OMG!!!!!

See how foolish you look yet?

That is where you are wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

Chronic alcoholics are true physical addicts, because if you tale away the ETOH they'll go into respiratory arrest and die.

Tobacco "addiction" (and most other misnamed "addictions" for that matter) are not chemically life threatening....They are persistent and pathological beliefs about what chemicals the body "needs" with no physiological evidence in support.

Studies PROVE IT!!! OMG!!!!!

See how foolish you look yet?

I don't smoke! You do! :lol:

That's a fucking lie, and I'm living proof.

Both are extremely habit-forming, but neither are physically addictive to the point that their removal from the system is life threatening.

Bone up on the research of Dr. Thomas Szasz.

who is he? He the last word on the subject?

I linked you to the post where I answered that, before you even asked it. Click on the link.

oh yes,, this is supposed to make it clear!

For an intelligent, open minded person, it would.

"Mind over matter" is just a saying, to you. For me, it is an application. A tool in the arsenal. Something to learn about and explore. And use. The body and all of its cells are matter. That means, mind is over it! Literally!

I firmly believe it, I have seen examples of it throughout my life. I have studied it at length. I believe the power of the mind is limitless, and we haven't tapped even a millionth of its potential. Not even a billionth.

And that is what this topic is all about.

oh yes,, this is supposed to make it clear!

For an intelligent, open minded person, it would.

"Mind over matter" is just a saying, to you. For me, it is an application. A tool in the arsenal. Something to learn about and explore. And use. The body and all of its cells are matter. That means, mind is over it! Literally!

I firmly believe it, I have seen examples of it throughout my life. I have studied it at length. I believe the power of the mind is limitless, and we haven't tapped even a millionth of its potential. Not even a billionth.

And that is what this topic is all about.

well, if you had put it that way in the first place, you might have had me. As it is you lost me with " Cigarettes won't harm me unless I believe they will" bullshit.

That's a fucking lie, and I'm living proof.

Both are extremely habit-forming, but neither are physically addictive to the point that their removal from the system is life threatening.

Bone up on the research of Dr. Thomas Szasz.

who is he? He the last word on the subject?
How does another word necessarily become the last word??

He is another avenue to the results you may want to get some time in the future.

Phillips screwdrivers don't work on slotted screws, even though both fasteners work off of the same basic principle.

You want to know the most hilarious thing about Willow's stance ... she thinks this is a liberal v conservative thing ... :lol:

So Willow, how many of your fellow conservatives know you are for the government health machine telling you what to do?

You want to know the most hilarious thing about Willow's stance ... she thinks this is a liberal v conservative thing ... :lol:

So Willow, how many of your fellow conservatives know you are for the government health machine telling you what to do?

you are dead wrong as usual KK,, I don't.. I think not getting both sides of the story is a libral thing.. that's hilarious to me.

" Cigarettes won't harm me unless I believe they will" bullshit.
Again, that is NOT what I said! HERE is what I said:

"Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does."

PERHAPS it should have been:

"Smoking may or may not hurt you. But believing it will, makes it a definite."

But MY stand, for ME is, Smoking will not hurt ME. Just like it didn't hurt my grandfather, uncle or aunt! Who smoked ALL of their adult lives, whereas I have only been smoking for 10 years.

You're arguing bullshit semantics. Are you DWP?

you are dead wrong as usual KK,, I don't.. I think not getting both sides of the story is a libral thing.. that's hilarious to me.

Really ... you do realize that all you are doing is parroting "liberal" talking points on why smoking should be illegal, right?

You are not actually stating any real evidence, other than the addictive thing.

" Cigarettes won't harm me unless I believe they will" bullshit.
Again, that is NOT what I said! HERE is what I said:

"Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does."

PERHAPS it should have been:

"Smoking may or may not hurt you. But believing it will, makes it a definite."

But MY stand, for ME is, Smoking will not hurt ME. Just like it didn't hurt my grandfather, uncle or aunt! Who smoked ALL of their adult lives, whereas I have only been smoking for 10 years.

You're arguing bullshit semantics. Are you DWP?

cut the crap,, you are bobo in disguise aren't you.. :lol::lol: or perhaps I shudda said "bobo in pink tights"

Even funnier than that, is my suspicion that she thinks I'm a conservative!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Really ... you do realize that all you are doing is parroting "liberal" talking points on why smoking should be illegal, right?I am,,?? wtf did I say smoking should be illegal? I'll wait :eusa_whistle: give me the post number please??

You are not actually stating any real evidence, other than the addictive thing.

:lol:

Forum List

Back