Healthcare should not be a PROFIT driven field

In conservative land poor people are practically worthless excess population, why should their misery cost the suits a thin dime? In their cold calculus life itself has been turned into a commodity to be bought, sold and even hoarded.

it's so nice of you to cry for them though; as if they asked you to.

Nice of you to give confirmation that I am correct, at least about you.

as if a left-wing nutjob needed confirmation to convince herself she's "correct"

there are MORE POOR PEOPLE SINCE PROGRESSIVES CAME TO POWER

and LOTS more poor people

in fact 16 MILLION MORE on food stamps... then when President Bush was in office
and the Left insists there is next to no fraud; very little, so they must all need the help

it's so nice of Progressives failures to want to help the poor people failed Progressive policies have created

after an almost $1 TRILLION "Stimulus" program and tends of billions doled out to Democrat Party fatcat donors for "green" jobs that never materialzed before the money DISAPPEARED; we still have RECORD WELFARE AND FOOD STAMPS in obama's SIXTH year, which is the EIGHT-STRAIGHT YEAR OF PROGRESSIVE-MAJORITY rule in the USA

who's "greedy" left-wing nutjobs?
And the root of their greed is power over ALL of us. There's their profit motive.

it's so nice of you to cry for them though; as if they asked you to.

as if a left-wing nutjob needed confirmation to convince herself she's "correct"

Take a look at the posts on this thread, not a even a little bit of acknowledgement of the problem or sympathy for the afflicted. If you people do not want to be seen as heartless assholes who like it that people die for lack of money then change your shitty tune.

Ok. Just to put it bluntly: The ability to save a human life, or vastly improve their life, should NOT be one that is driven by profit.

Whats the answer? Im not sure. People have to get paid for their work, yes. But the HUGE profits being raked in by the pharma companies, hospitals, doctors, etc, at the expense of what?

I recently read of a new pill that can literally cure Hepatitis C. But....the pills are $1,000 each, and a person would need many of them, making the cost prohibitive to insurance companies.

So you have a big pharma company who developed the very expensive pill; And hospitals who can give the very expensive pill; And insurance companies who may have to pay for the pill. And insurance companies don't wanna pay for it.

Just one of many countless examples of how we humans COULD save or help someone.....but, is it profitable? The profit seems to matter more than the end result lately, and it is a bunch of nonsense.

The pure greed of this nation's population is what will destroy us. Not some cavemen in the Middle East.

Yes Bucs, you're absolutely right, there should be no profit in the health of a nation just like there should be no profit in its defense. We should outlaw health profiteering as readily as we did war profiteering.

Until we join the rest of the developed countries and move toward a single payer system, we will continue to fall behind other countries. Tell me, if you were going to start up a company would you do it where healthcare was paid for or where you, the employer has to pay for it? What makes the most business sense?

It will be big business that moves us to a single payer system, not the actual needs of the people unfortunately.

Take a look at the posts on this thread, not a even a little bit of acknowledgement of the problem or sympathy for the afflicted. If you people do not want to be seen as heartless assholes who like it that people die for lack of money then change your shitty tune.

lol; it's hilarious watching you sanctimonius liberal hypocrites crying phony crocodile tears for the poor given the FACT THAT YOU HAVE CREATED MILLIONS MORE POOR WITH YOUR FAILED POLICIES

Would anyone care to venture a guess as to what the two most popular healthcare systems in the US with consistently high patient satisfaction are?

Ok. Just to put it bluntly: The ability to save a human life, or vastly improve their life, should NOT be one that is driven by profit.

Whats the answer? Im not sure. People have to get paid for their work, yes. But the HUGE profits being raked in by the pharma companies, hospitals, doctors, etc, at the expense of what?

I recently read of a new pill that can literally cure Hepatitis C. But....the pills are $1,000 each, and a person would need many of them, making the cost prohibitive to insurance companies.

So you have a big pharma company who developed the very expensive pill; And hospitals who can give the very expensive pill; And insurance companies who may have to pay for the pill. And insurance companies don't wanna pay for it.

Just one of many countless examples of how we humans COULD save or help someone.....but, is it profitable? The profit seems to matter more than the end result lately, and it is a bunch of nonsense.

The pure greed of this nation's population is what will destroy us. Not some cavemen in the Middle East.

Yes Bucs, you're absolutely right, there should be no profit in the health of a nation just like there should be no profit in its defense. We should outlaw health profiteering as readily as we did war profiteering.

Until we join the rest of the developed countries and move toward a single payer system, we will continue to fall behind other countries. Tell me, if you were going to start up a company would you do it where healthcare was paid for or where you, the employer has to pay for it? What makes the most business sense?

It will be big business that moves us to a single payer system, not the actual needs of the people unfortunately.

making a profit isnt the same as "profiteering"

why dont you left-wing morons all move to a place with no "greedy" corporations?
i hear North Korea is nice this time of year

Would anyone care to venture a guess as to what the two most popular healthcare systems in the US with consistently high patient satisfaction are?

the two that; combined with SS have OVER $100 TRILLION in unfunded mandates?

Liar

I got a news flash for you, stupid. The 'rest' of the world does NOT use single payer.

Liar. And idiot.

why dont you left-wing morons all move to a place with no "greedy" corporations?

Making a profit by denying lifesaving care to sick people is profiteering.

My God, stop being such a naïve idealist. This is the exactly how all communists think. The results? Cuba has healthcare that is right out of the 1600's.

You get what you pay for chief. You want cheap healthcare, go move to Cuba. Me? I'll take the best healthcare in the world, thank you very much. This is my life we are talking about - I want the best that money can buy.

real wages for the Middle Class and working poor were higher under Republicans; and household income.
food and gas prices; which of course affect average people more than the rich; were much lower when Repubs were in charge

16 MILLION fewer Americans were on food stamps

but progressives care..................................

idiots and hypocrites

lol; it's hilarious watching you sanctimonius liberal hypocrites crying phony crocodile tears for the poor given the FACT THAT YOU HAVE CREATED MILLIONS MORE POOR WITH YOUR FAILED POLICIES

Bullshit, where's that river of good jobs and income trickling down? Christ we should all be very well off according to the conservative dogma you people have been preaching like the true gospel for thirty years. It's conservative policies that failed, liberals are just a handy scapegoat.

In conservative land poor people are practically worthless excess population, why should their misery cost the suits a thin dime? In their cold calculus life itself has been turned into a commodity to be bought, sold and even hoarded.

It's not that poor people are worthless, excess population. It's people who cannot take care of themselves who ARE worthless, excess population. They add nothing to the society and take much more than their share out of it.

Life IS a commodity, like anything else. It has value when it ADDS to society and has none when it does not.

Then go to medical school, become a licensed physician, and offer your "life saving" abilities to people at a price they can afford.

I love how liberals spend all day on USMB crying about the problems, but none one of them is willing to get up off of their ass and get in the game to solve the problem. Instead, they want to implement communism and force a physician to perform his/her labor at the barrel of a gun. Brilliant....

you dont know what you are talking about; nobody makes a profit by denying a service. you cant get paid for what you didnt do. you're trying to apply a negative. you look stupid

Kathleen Sebelius to review lung transplants after Pennsylvania girl, 10, denied

Read more: Kathleen Sebelius to review lung transplants after Pennsylvania girl, 10, denied * - NY Daily News

Kathleen Sebelius won’t waive regulation for girl with five weeks to live: ‘Someone lives and someone dies’

you dont know what you are talking about; nobody makes a profit by denying a service. you cant get paid for what you didnt do. you're trying to apply a negative. you look stupid

the idiotic Left thinks there are no limits on government-funded 'single-payer" health care. they must when they come with idiotic statements about people being denied care.
EVERY healthcare system; government or for-profit; has ACTUARIES that say what will or wont be covered

libs are losers who lie to themselves

Forum List

Back