Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts

RIch White People like me keep our cars in the garage overnight, so this is not an issue for us.

Poor Black folks ain't got no cars, so they don't give a shit neither.

It's only you working, middle-class fukkers who have a dog in this fight. I think the proper procedure is to scrape the ice off the door handle, open and start the car, then clean the snow off the roof, hood, trunk, headlights, and tail lights of the car, then clear the driveway, the sidewalk, the steps and the spouse's car, then go in and have a cup of coffee.

By that time, the ice on the windshield ought to be soft enough to be cleared by the wipers.

At least that's the way I did it.

It's good to be retired!

RIch White People like me keep our cars in the garage overnight, so this is not an issue for us.

It's only you working, middle-class fukkers who have a dog in this fight. I think the proper procedure is to scrape the ice off the door handle, open and start the car, then clean the snow off the roof, hood, trunk, headlights, and tail lights of the car, then clear the driveway, the sidewalk, the steps and the spouse's car, then go in and have a cup of coffee.

By that time, the ice on the windshield ought to be soft enough to be cleared by the wipers.

It's good to be retired!
Some of us have vehicles made for real men. Vehicles that don't fit in your barbie house garage.

Couldn't pay me to live in that state. I was just reading some place that they're seizing vehicles if you get stoped and have flavored tobacco or something like that. What happens if it's in your home? Are they gonna take that, too?
What happens if it's on your person?

This has been the law for at least fifteen years. Non-story.

There is no need to idle a modern engine.
20 below wind chill says you can GO FUCK YOURSELF
You're adorable.

Dumb as rat shit, but adorable.
Adorable or not you're more than welcome to get on your knees and spit shine the chrome on my "warming up truck"

Code red, code red, a patient in the geriatric ward is having a meltdown! Code red, bring the cattle prods and straitjackets!
The only code red is for the moron dumb enough to TRY to get in my truck as it warms. You better be fast. If not you better hope the ambulance is.

Really? Again with this nonsense? Are you 50-something or a 14 year old boy?

It's good to be retired!

I *never* scrape the snow off my hood or roof. That's there to create air-art. All I need is enough hood clearance to see.

Makes tailgaters keep their distance too.

GettyImages-615314421.jpg

Lord but it’s stuff like that makes me happy to live in Nevada – in spite of the heavy-handed Harry Reid Political Mafia here.

Mass Live reported Thursday that Massachusetts law Chapter 90 Sec. 16A states: “No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit the unnecessary operation of the engine of a motor vehicle while said vehicle is stopped for a foreseeable period of time in excess of five minutes.”

This means that idling one’s car for more than five minutes “could result in a $100 fine for the first offense, and up to $500 for each subsequent offense,” the outlet reported.

Got that? You must get into a car covered in ice, start it up, and drive it away. Wonder what that’ll do to engines? You darned well better have the right lubricants and anti-freeze.

More @ Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts

If your car can't handle setting forth with under five minutes of idling it ain't fit to be on the road anyway, is it.

Oh and btw EVERY car has anitfreeze and lubricants. Who knew. What do you travel by --- camel?

What a fucking idiot.

Sluggo, you really are as dumb as a cat turd.

Pro tip - Antifreeze doesn't warm the car up....

GettyImages-615314421.jpg

Lord but it’s stuff like that makes me happy to live in Nevada – in spite of the heavy-handed Harry Reid Political Mafia here.

Mass Live reported Thursday that Massachusetts law Chapter 90 Sec. 16A states: “No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit the unnecessary operation of the engine of a motor vehicle while said vehicle is stopped for a foreseeable period of time in excess of five minutes.”

This means that idling one’s car for more than five minutes “could result in a $100 fine for the first offense, and up to $500 for each subsequent offense,” the outlet reported.

Got that? You must get into a car covered in ice, start it up, and drive it away. Wonder what that’ll do to engines? You darned well better have the right lubricants and anti-freeze.

More @ Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts

If your car can't handle setting forth with under five minutes of idling it ain't fit to be on the road anyway, is it.

Oh and btw EVERY car has anitfreeze and lubricants. Who knew. What do you travel by --- camel?

What a fucking idiot.

Sluggo, you really are as dumb as a cat turd.

Pro tip - Antifreeze doesn't warm the car up....

Nobody said it does, Pot-for-brains. You still need to go lurn too reed.

I *never* scrape the snow off my hood or roof. That's there to create air-art. All I need is enough hood clearance to see.

Yeah, but you have an IQ in the low teens. You also "create art" from the contents in your depends.... :eusa_whistle:

The irony, remember I posted about Kerry's hypocracy in iddling 2 Large SUV vehicles 24/7?
Kerry was Senator from Massachusetts from 1985 until 2013.
Below was his constant polluters forced to be ready by running 24/7:
Kerrysuvs.jpg

The irony, remember I posted about Kerry's hypocracy in iddling 2 Large SUV vehicles 24/7?
View attachment 290742

No, I don't remember that at all. And I don't buy it now.

It's good to be retired!

That makes you a lazy SOB who endangers other drivers. In other words, a fucking son of a bitch who deserves the inevitable.

View attachment 290742

No, I don't remember that at all. And I don't buy it now.
So are you calling Liberal media fake news?
Officials’ Security Details Bring Neighbors Peace of Mind and Headaches

View attachment 290797

No, I am calling your story less than credible and saying I never heard of it.

So you supplied a link, which was the right thing to do. And it's still incredible.

Which is about what it cost.
See now YOU are trolling.

I spent 20k and didn't finish. But I did pay off my loans.

And you build works of art, what's this kids problem, I seen your work?
Dunno. Perhaps he's had a couple drinks and is just having some fun?
No matter. I don't hold grudges

I dont think he ever drove a car
Dunno, ideology makes people crazy.
Personally my truck is too big to fit in the garage. I warm it every morning when the temps are bad.
Hell, my old diesel can't be driven without first warming.
Then something is wrong and you should get it running properly.

You must get into a car covered in ice, start it up, and drive it away.
From the article:

"The department says that an exception to the rule is for defrosting windshields, as it’s necessary to clear an obstructed view for safety reasons"

At least read your own links, people

Forum List

Back