Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts

Last winter the MA State Police made a point of cracking down on idiots who don't clear their roofs of snow because it is such a hazard on the highways.

This has been the law for at least fifteen years. Non-story.

There is no need to idle a modern engine.
20 below wind chill says you can GO FUCK YOURSELF
You're adorable.

Dumb as rat shit, but adorable.
Adorable or not you're more than welcome to get on your knees and spit shine the chrome on my "warming up truck"

Code red, code red, a patient in the geriatric ward is having a meltdown! Code red, bring the cattle prods and straitjackets!
The only code red is for the moron dumb enough to TRY to get in my truck as it warms. You better be fast. If not you better hope the ambulance is.

GettyImages-615314421.jpg

Lord but it’s stuff like that makes me happy to live in Nevada – in spite of the heavy-handed Harry Reid Political Mafia here.

Mass Live reported Thursday that Massachusetts law Chapter 90 Sec. 16A states: “No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit the unnecessary operation of the engine of a motor vehicle while said vehicle is stopped for a foreseeable period of time in excess of five minutes.”

This means that idling one’s car for more than five minutes “could result in a $100 fine for the first offense, and up to $500 for each subsequent offense,” the outlet reported.

Got that? You must get into a car covered in ice, start it up, and drive it away. Wonder what that’ll do to engines? You darned well better have the right lubricants and anti-freeze.

More @ Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts

If your car can't handle setting forth with under five minutes of idling it ain't fit to be on the road anyway, is it.

Oh and btw EVERY car has anitfreeze and lubricants. Who knew. What do you travel by --- camel?
Of course you love government controlling every minor detail of your life.

20 below wind chill says you can GO FUCK YOURSELF
You're adorable.

Adorable or not you're more than welcome to get on your knees and spit shine the chrome on my "warming up truck"

Code red, code red, a patient in the geriatric ward is having a meltdown! Code red, bring the cattle prods and straitjackets!
The only code red is for the moron dumb enough to TRY to get in my truck as it warms. You better be fast. If not you better hope the ambulance is.

Goto bed. You're a day late and a dollar short

You're adorable.

Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

You don't so why ask?

Dumbass

You don't so why ask?

Dumbass

Dems fightin’ woids, porcupine! Woo woo woo!

There, feel better now?

You don't so why ask?

Dumbass

There, feel better now?

Seems you need a time out. Obsession is unhealthy

You don't so why ask?

Dumbass

There, feel better now?

Seems you need a time out. Obsession is unhealthy

Such a wussy! You fear my internet might! Raaaa!

GettyImages-615314421.jpg

Lord but it’s stuff like that makes me happy to live in Nevada – in spite of the heavy-handed Harry Reid Political Mafia here.

Mass Live reported Thursday that Massachusetts law Chapter 90 Sec. 16A states: “No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit the unnecessary operation of the engine of a motor vehicle while said vehicle is stopped for a foreseeable period of time in excess of five minutes.”

This means that idling one’s car for more than five minutes “could result in a $100 fine for the first offense, and up to $500 for each subsequent offense,” the outlet reported.

Got that? You must get into a car covered in ice, start it up, and drive it away. Wonder what that’ll do to engines? You darned well better have the right lubricants and anti-freeze.

More @ Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts
It is over reach. Anyway you look at it. Another way to get into your wallet and another one of a million rules you get to learn. We warm our cars up for good reasons, so leave us the fuck alone. Thew good news is that this type of thing is difficult to inforce considering alot of cars and only so many police. Yes, you can thank politics for this. This is what you get when candidits run on crime and punishment for 50 years, a million unneeded laws.

I stopped at a fast food place on the interstate going thru New Jersey last winter when the temperature was well below freezing. It was at night and I wanted to rest a bit with car heater on. But there were State law signs all over the parking lot stating there was a heavy fine if you were caught idling your car. ... :cuckoo:
It's better if you drive tired that way you'll only kill yourself and maybe one or two other people and not the entire planet

Forum List

Back