HELP - Israel vs Palestinians - Educate me

I was having a discussion with a co-worker about the Israel/Palestinian situation. I was expressing my view that I fully support Israel and their recent ground operations etc that they are taking to protect themselves. I was surprised to some degree with the level of disagreement that I received. I feel like it is common sense that Israel has to take these measures.

Some of the points he made included the following:

• Israel declared war on Egypt in 1966 and took lands that had not been theirs previously.
  • Does this sound familiar with their more recent annexation of Gaza, West Bank, and The Golan Heights?
  • Israel has repeatedly made promises to withdraw from areas and then continued to occupy and settle them.
  • He said that Israel's stance reminds him of traditional view that cowboys and Europe had the right to conquer because they believed they were right.
  • Putin's view of the world is similar to Israel. He is right and can do what he wants and could care less about truth or facts.

Unfortunately, I am not educated enough to respond to these points. Where can I go to get educated on Israel and the past that is a good source that I can trust?

Thanks in advance.

MD

Forgot something ! Prior to the 67 War the Arabs initiated Egypt ordered the U.N out of the area and they complied . Ask your friend why they did that. Hint.... It was because they were the AGRESSORS

Last edited:
I was having a discussion with a co-worker about the Israel/Palestinian situation. I was expressing my view that I fully support Israel and their recent ground operations etc that they are taking to protect themselves. I was surprised to some degree with the level of disagreement that I received. I feel like it is common sense that Israel has to take these measures.

• Israel declared war on Egypt in 1966 and took lands that had not been theirs previously.
  • Does this sound familiar with their more recent annexation of Gaza, West Bank, and The Golan Heights?
  • Israel has repeatedly made promises to withdraw from areas and then continued to occupy and settle them.
  • He said that Israel's stance reminds him of traditional view that cowboys and Europe had the right to conquer because they believed they were right.
  • Putin's view of the world is similar to Israel. He is right and can do what he wants and could care less about truth or facts.

Unfortunately, I am not educated enough to respond to these points. Where can I go to get educated on Israel and the past that is a good source that I can trust?

Thanks in advance.

MD

Forgot something ! Prior to the 67 War the Arabs initiated Egypt ordered the U.N out of the area and they complied . Ask your friend why they did that. Hint.... It was because they were the AFRESSORS. !!!

What's an "Afressor?" Is it like an "Esspresso?" This question always makes me smile. There were two, count them, 2 Egyptian Divisions stationed in the whole of Sinai in 1967, both deployed in defensive positions, hardly agressive.

The truth behind the 1967 war is best told by the IDF commanders of the time, as quoted in Vol.3 of "Zionism:The true enemy of the Jews" by Alan Hart

“I do not believe that Nasser wanted war. The two divisions which he sent into Sinai on 14 May would not have been enough to unleash an offensive against Israel. He knew it and we knew it.” --Le Monde on 28 February 1968, article by Israeli Chief of Staff Rabin

"The entire story of the danger of extermination was invented in every detail and exaggerated a posteriori to justify the annexation of new Arab territory.” --Al-Hamishmar 14 April 1971 by Mordecai Bentov, a member of the Israeli wartime national government.

“We were not threatened with genocide on the eve of the Six Day War, and we had never thought of such a possibility.” --Ma’ariv 4 April 1972 by General Haim Bar-Lev, also by General Ezer Weizman, Chief of Operations during the war, “There was never any danger of annihilation. This hypothesis has never been considered in any serious meeting.”

1972, General Matetiyahu Peled, Chief of Logistical Command during the war and one of 12 members of Israel’s General Staff, said: “The thesis according to which the danger of genocide hung over us in June 1967, and according to which Israel was fighting for her very physical survival, was nothing but a bluff which was born and bred after the war.”

In a radio debate Peled also said: “Israel was never in real danger and there was no evidence that Egypt had any intention of attacking Israel...Israeli intelligence knew that Egypt was not prepared for war.”

In the same programme Chaim Herzog (former DMI, future Israeli Ambassador to the UN and President of his state) said: “There was no danger of annihilation. Neither Israeli headquarters nor the Pentagon—as the memoirs of President Johnson proved—believed in this danger.”

Most interestingly, on 3 June 1972 Peled wrote in Le Monde, “All those stories about the huge danger we were facing because of our small territorial size, an argument expounded once the war was over, have never been considered in our calculations. While we proceeded towards the full mobilisation of our forces, no person in his right mind could believe that all this force was necessary to our ‘defence’ against the Egyptian threat. This force was to crush once and for all the Egyptians at the military level and their Soviet masters at the political level. To pretend that the Egyptian forces concentrated on our borders were capable of threatening Israel’s existence does not only insult the intelligence of any person capable of analysing this kind of situation, but is primarily an insult to the Israeli army.”

As usual Zionist israel was the agressor in 1948, 1956 and 1967 and in every conflict after 1973....poor little Israel always being forced to fight in "self defence" yeah, right. :eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
This question always makes me smile. There were two, count them, 2 Egyptian Divisions stationed in the whole of Sinai in 1967, both deployed in defensive positions, hardly agressive.
The truth behind the 1967 war is best told by the IDF commanders of the time,
“I do not believe that Nasser wanted war. The two divisions which he sent into Sinai on 14 May would not have been enough to unleash an offensive against Israel. He knew it and we knew it.” --Le Monde on 28 February 1968, article by Israeli Chief of Staff Rabin
"The entire story of the danger of extermination was invented in every detail and exaggerated a posteriori to justify the annexation of new Arab territory.” --Al-Hamishmar 14 April 1971 by Mordecai Bentov, a member of the Israeli wartime national government.
“We were not threatened with genocide on the eve of the Six Day War, and we had never thought of such a possibility.” --Ma’ariv 4 April 1972 by General Haim Bar-Lev, also by General Ezer Weizman, Chief of Operations during the war, “There was never any danger of annihilation. This hypothesis has never been considered in any serious meeting.”
1972, General Matetiyahu Peled, Chief of Logistical Command during the war and one of 12 members of Israel’s General Staff, said: “The thesis according to which the danger of genocide hung over us in June 1967, and according to which Israel was fighting for her very physical survival, was nothing but a bluff which was born and bred after the war.”
In a radio debate Peled also said: “Israel was never in real danger and there was no evidence that Egypt had any intention of attacking Israel...Israeli intelligence knew that Egypt was not prepared for war.”
In the same programme Chaim Herzog (former DMI, future Israeli Ambassador to the UN and President of his state) said: “There was no danger of annihilation. Neither Israeli headquarters nor the Pentagon—as the memoirs of President Johnson proved—believed in this danger.”
Most interestingly, on 3 June 1972 Peled wrote in Le Monde, “All those stories about the huge danger we were facing because of our small territorial size, an argument expounded once the war was over, have never been considered in our calculations. While we proceeded towards the full mobilisation of our forces, no person in his right mind could believe that all this force was necessary to our ‘defence’ against the Egyptian threat. This force was to crush once and for all the Egyptians at the military level and their Soviet masters at the political level. To pretend that the Egyptian forces concentrated on our borders were capable of threatening Israel’s existence does not only insult the intelligence of any person capable of analysing this kind of situation, but is primarily an insult to the Israeli army.”
As usual Zionist israel was the agressor in 1948, 1956 and 1967 and in every conflict after 1973....poor little Israel always being forced to fight in "self defence" yeah, right.
What's even more hilarious is that after reading that "compilation" one may get an impression that Nasser was in collusion with Israel! Funny, isn't it?

This question always makes me smile. There were two, count them, 2 Egyptian Divisions stationed in the whole of Sinai in 1967, both deployed in defensive positions, hardly agressive.
As usual Zionist israel was the agressor in 1948, 1956 and 1967 and in every conflict after 1973....poor little Israel always being forced to fight in "self defence" yeah, right.
What's even more hilarious is that after reading that "compilation" one may get an impression that Nasser was in collusion with Israel! Funny, isn't it?
Nasser said:
No recognition, No negotiation, No peace with Israel
Well..

Mojo2,

Thank you for this charter info. This is exactly what need.

MD

The media makes the truth of the conflict very difficult to clearly discern.

They do this because they know the court of world opinion would unfailingly see that the Palestinians haven't a leg to stand on.

It's a religious dispute.

The Muslims want to kill the Jews because it is mandated and endorsed by the Koran.

et al,

I'm not so sure the Order of Battle (OB) was as simple as this makes it out to be.

(COMMENT)

My understanding is: the Egyptian Army Sinai strength was 210,000 men by early June 1967, the Egyptian Army had some "100,000 troops in the Sinai Peninsula and approximately 50,000 in Yemen with the remainder stationed to the west of the Suez Canal to protect Cairo. The Sinai Front Command comprised some six divisions with 930 tanks, 200 assault guns and 900 artillery pieces."

The Egyptian Sinai Front was Commanded by General Abd el Mushin Murtag, who had initially deployed approx 100,000 troops in May 67, with and additional 80,000 in June. This was a Field Force equivalent to - two WWII size Army Corps (each with 3 Divisions and Field Artillery):

EXCERPT: Egyptian Army Order of Battle & Dispositions: said:
At the time of the 1967 War Egypt’s garrison in the Sinai consisted of four infantry divisions an armoured division and a Mechanised division and an additional armoured task force in the Sinai.

See: 1967 Egyptian Army Order of Battle

I think there was a mistake in translation or something. President Nasser did not just deploy "two division" --- he deployed "two Corps." While it is a small word, it is a very big difference on the battle field.

• Field commander Lt. Gen. Sallah el din Mohsen
    • 2nd Infantry Division - Maj. Gen. Sadi Naguib
    • 3rd Infantry Division - Maj. Gen. Osman Nasser
    • 4th Armoured Division - Maj. Gen. Sidki el Ghoul
    • Task Force Shazli - Maj. Gen. Saad el Shazli
    • 6th Mechanized Division - Maj. Gen. Abd el Kader Hassan
    • 7th Infantry Division - Maj. Gen. Abd el Aziz Soliman
    • 20th PLA Division Gaza - Maj. Gen. Mohammed Abd el Moneim Hasni
      PLUS
    • Infantry Brigade (Ind) - Brig. Mohammed Abd el Moneim Khalil
    • 1st Armoured Brigade - Brig. Hussein Abd el Nataf
    • 125th Armoured Brigade - Brig. Ahmed El-Naby

The Israel Defense Forces Southern Command (Major General Yeshayahu Gavish) commanded :

• “Tal” Division (Gen. Tal)
    • 2 Armor Brigades, 1 Airborne Infantry Brigade and a Mechanized Reconnaissance Task Force
  • “Yoffe” Division (Gen. Abraham Yoffe)
    • 2 Armor Brigades
  • “Sharon” Division (Gen. Ariel Sharon)
    • 1 Armor Brigade, 1 Infantry Brigade, a Mechanized Reconnaissance Battalion and a the 80th Reserve Parachute Brigade
  • Independent Armored Brigade (Col. Mendler)
    • 2 x Tank Battalions with Shermans
    • 1 x Mechanized (half-track) Infantry Battalion
Corbis-42-16258226.jpg

Major General Ariel Sharon and Major General Yeshayahu Gavish​

Then there is the issue of the false intelligence given to Egypt by the Russians. The Russians may have played a significant role in instigating the conflict. In May 1967, Nasser received false intelligence reports from the Soviet Union that an Israeli attack on Syria was imminent.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

MD

Forgot something ! Prior to the 67 War the Arabs initiated Egypt ordered the U.N out of the area and they complied . Ask your friend why they did that. Hint.... It was because they were the AFRESSORS. !!!

What's an "Afressor?" Is it like an "Esspresso?" This question always makes me smile. There were two, count them, 2 Egyptian Divisions stationed in the whole of Sinai in 1967, both deployed in defensive positions, hardly agressive.

As usual Zionist israel was the agressor in 1948, 1956 and 1967 and in every conflict after 1973....poor little Israel always being forced to fight in "self defence" yeah, right. :eusa_boohoo:

As usual, the Anti Zionists distort history in order to vilify Israel.

1948 :Arab-Israeli war started when 5 Arab armies invaded the region and engaged and attacked Israeli Forces. Not the other way around.

1956 : this one is tough because Israel did start the war, however it was in response to Egypt closing the Straits of Tiran .

1967 :do you know what a pre emptive strike is dummie? Besides Egypt massing troops by the border, they also expelled the. Peace Keeping personnel who were stationed at the border following the Suez Crisis.
Also, read all the threatening quotes here made by Arab leaders. More specifically, read the ones prior to the 6 day war:
Understanding the Arab-Israeli Conflict

BTW, although Israel launched a pre emptive strike against Egypt, Syria and Jordan (the latter who Israel asked not to attack) attacked Israel first.

1973 : obviously

why would the RUSSIANS expend huge amounts of money on weapons, tanks and even planes for
Egypt's army if there was no intention of fighting? Russia even had military experts in the field
with the Egyptians army The idea that there was no intention of a war on the part of Nasser
makes no sense Way back then---he ANNOUNCED his intention. He ANNOUNCED that he would
take Jaffa and Haifa -----as to that "annihilation" thing------so? some people
stated that the WHOLE COUNTRY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANNHILATED SO??? even japan
was not ANNHILATED in 1945. Where and when did WHOLE countries get annihilated?

the report is silly

et al,

I'm not so sure the Order of Battle (OB) was as simple as this makes it out to be.

(COMMENT)

My understanding is: the Egyptian Army Sinai strength was 210,000 men by early June 1967, the Egyptian Army had some "100,000 troops in the Sinai Peninsula and approximately 50,000 in Yemen with the remainder stationed to the west of the Suez Canal to protect Cairo. The Sinai Front Command comprised some six divisions with 930 tanks, 200 assault guns and 900 artillery pieces."

The Egyptian Sinai Front was Commanded by General Abd el Mushin Murtag, who had initially deployed approx 100,000 troops in May 67, with and additional 80,000 in June. This was a Field Force equivalent to - two WWII size Army Corps (each with 3 Divisions and Field Artillery):

EXCERPT: Egyptian Army Order of Battle & Dispositions: said:
At the time of the 1967 War Egypt’s garrison in the Sinai consisted of four infantry divisions an armoured division and a Mechanised division and an additional armoured task force in the Sinai.

See: 1967 Egyptian Army Order of Battle

I think there was a mistake in translation or something. President Nasser did not just deploy "two division" --- he deployed "two Corps." While it is a small word, it is a very big difference on the battle field.

• Field commander Lt. Gen. Sallah el din Mohsen
    • 2nd Infantry Division - Maj. Gen. Sadi Naguib
    • 3rd Infantry Division - Maj. Gen. Osman Nasser
    • 4th Armoured Division - Maj. Gen. Sidki el Ghoul
    • Task Force Shazli - Maj. Gen. Saad el Shazli
    • 6th Mechanized Division - Maj. Gen. Abd el Kader Hassan
    • 7th Infantry Division - Maj. Gen. Abd el Aziz Soliman
    • 20th PLA Division Gaza - Maj. Gen. Mohammed Abd el Moneim Hasni
      PLUS
    • Infantry Brigade (Ind) - Brig. Mohammed Abd el Moneim Khalil
    • 1st Armoured Brigade - Brig. Hussein Abd el Nataf
    • 125th Armoured Brigade - Brig. Ahmed El-Naby

The Israel Defense Forces Southern Command (Major General Yeshayahu Gavish) commanded :

• “Tal” Division (Gen. Tal)
    • 2 Armor Brigades, 1 Airborne Infantry Brigade and a Mechanized Reconnaissance Task Force
  • “Yoffe” Division (Gen. Abraham Yoffe)
    • 2 Armor Brigades
  • “Sharon” Division (Gen. Ariel Sharon)
    • 1 Armor Brigade, 1 Infantry Brigade, a Mechanized Reconnaissance Battalion and a the 80th Reserve Parachute Brigade
  • Independent Armored Brigade (Col. Mendler)
    • 2 x Tank Battalions with Shermans
    • 1 x Mechanized (half-track) Infantry Battalion
Corbis-42-16258226.jpg

Major General Ariel Sharon and Major General Yeshayahu Gavish​

Then there is the issue of the false intelligence given to Egypt by the Russians. The Russians may have played a significant role in instigating the conflict. In May 1967, Nasser received false intelligence reports from the Soviet Union that an Israeli attack on Syria was imminent.

Most Respectfully,
R
Just the facts, m'am.

Thanks in advance.

MD

What you " believe" is irrelevant Tell us why Nasser closed the Straits and
why Egypt ordered the UN out of the area and why Egypt was ordering his Military on the Israeli/ Egypt Border . The Arabs initiated every single war , you fool .

BTW. It is obvious to everyone with a I.Q over 10 that the post prior was a typo . The fact that you don't recognize this is proof of just how stupid you are

Last edited:
on 3 June 1972 Peled wrote in Le Monde, “All those stories about the huge danger we were facing because of our small territorial size, an argument expounded once the war was over, have never been considered in our calculations. While we proceeded towards the full mobilisation of our forces, no person in his right mind could believe that all this force was necessary to our ‘defence’ against the Egyptian threat.''

the above comment----by Peled----if analyzed carefully does make sense----AT THE TIME Israel
mobilized against Egypt-----the Israeli army was in a fairly good position if one dates that time
to AFTER the Israeli attack on sitting airplanes in Egypt-----but then
Syria and Jordan and Lebanon joined up--------it was then that things looked grim

Logical analysis of the events absolutely does not suggest that NASSER had no intention
of fomenting a real war------no sense. It cost Russia too much to arm him ---and train
his soldiers and put their own military people in the field. I think Peled was just trying
to play devil's advocate

For those who do not remember-----Nasser was making DEMANDS----he wanted Egyptian
control on ----I think it was HAIFA-----which would make some sense for his ambitions for
his UAR ----united arab republic pseudo caliphate

the 1967 war was very much a fight against ---THAT CALIPHATE

Unfortunately, I am not educated enough to respond to these points. Where can I go to get educated on Israel and the past that is a good source that I can trust ?

Thanks in advance.

MD

Palestinian men: look at THEM, all dressed up in their jeans, polo shirts, and nike sneakers.
But underneath their bluejeans, they’re nothing but backward, 7th century, cave-dwelling Neanderthals……………

The women – they haven’t got any say in anything or influence over nothing…all they know is: cover yourself.

- wow, what's the "African" population there in the GAZA strip.......?

It's good vs people who still live in the 7th century. All you have to do is LOOK.

You get it now ?

Unfortunately, I am not educated enough to respond to these points. Where can I go to get educated on Israel and the past that is a good source that I can trust ?

Thanks in advance.

MD

Palestinian men: look at THEM, all dressed up in their jeans, polo shirts, and nike sneakers.
But underneath their bluejeans, they’re nothing but backward, 7th century, cave-dwelling Neanderthals……………

The women – they haven’t got any say in anything or influence over nothing…all they know is: cover yourself.

It's good vs people who still live in the 7th century. All you have to do is LOOK.

You get it now ?

It's evil incarnate against a helpless population. Who is doing the murdering Bozo.

Thanks in advance.

MD

You get it now ?

It's evil incarnate murdering hundreds of women and children.

Thanks in advance.

MD
Me. You can trust me. I'll tell you everything you need to know. I am the most unbiased, non-partisan voice on this subject
:blahblah:
You just lied again Billo.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks in advance.

MD

You get it now ?

It's evil incarnate against a helpless population. Who is doing the murdering Bozo.

It's evil Uncivilzed population against a Civilized Population. Who initiated it, Bozo.

You get it now ?

It's evil Uncivilzed population against a Civilized Population. Who initiated it, Bozo.

The Zionist invaders from Europe started it, who else?

Forum List

Back