help my dw broke...control panel

New Dishwashers suck

Why do you need a "Control Panel"? Its not rocket science. it is washing dishes

The old dishwashers had a knob with three cycle settings, the knob never broke

I agree. The front of ours looks like the cockpit of a jet plane and we never use any of the settings except "normal" and "start".

IMO, the rest are gimmicks to raise the price.

today is just not my day.....i noticed the other day that the control panel had a blinking light....when i tried to set the cycle it would blink but i got it to work...not today...both the cycle and the cancel are just blinking away...a new control panel is gonna run about 150 ...i need to fix it but i think it may be beyond me....it is hardwired in...so i need someone here to help with turning it off at the fuse box and all...i am not sure i want to try to do this at all but i figure i will either fix it or fubar it...

any hints or experience with this would be greatly repped.....its a kitchenaid

Just wait till you get a high efficiency washer. They usually come broke. In other words, the clothes go offsides, the washer stops and the LED is under "done". I go to throw the clothes in the dryer and I notice they aren't spun and drained because the clothes are heavy and full of water. These high efficiency washers come with sensors and they spend their time sensing where the load is instead of doing their job.

Don't know that I agree with that. I bought a Whirlpool Duet frontload washer and dryer back in 2002. Twelve years ago this summer. After nine years the washer finally acted up...had to place a service call. It was something minor, I forget what. It was repaired and has worked fine ever since.

After 10 years the dryer required a service call...once again something minor and it's worked fine ever since.

Even if they completely break down now, I can't complain. They've been great. I LOVE them.

Not sure about the newer ones, maybe they've gone downhill since I bought mine.

I do know this. I bought Fridgidaire appliances for my kitchen and every one of them is a piece of shit. Will NEVER EVER buy Fridgidaire appliances again. :(

New Dishwashers suck

Why do you need a "Control Panel"? Its not rocket science. it is washing dishes

The old dishwashers had a knob with three cycle settings, the knob never broke

I agree. The front of ours looks like the cockpit of a jet plane and we never use any of the settings except "normal" and "start".

IMO, the rest are gimmicks to raise the price.

The thing with the control panel is if you get any power surge it blows out. You are looking at a $200 repair bill
I am like you. I never program my dishwasher to start a 4AM. I punch normal and start and then walk away

i would love a 4 hour delay.....i love bells and whistles...i used a lot of stuff like that.....timed baking, timed this and that when i cooked a lot...there are just limits to what one can do with almond meal....
but they are just that bells and whistles....

o its deader than a door nail.....i have a towel on the counter and i am using the bottom rack to dry the dishes....damn i had forgotten how much handwashing dishes is....the hubby is majorly upset.....with taxes and all....i just cant replace anything right now....and there are only the two of us now...so how much of a pain can it be....plus hubby is saying new d/w are low water use and wont clean dishes...etc and so forth...i am not sure if i want to invest in the control panel....its 150 or so and then i am not sure there arent other problems....

The taxes
The irony
Lol

Forum List

Back