help my dw broke...control panel

We hand-washed for the 15 years that we lived in the country. I always thought it was good therapy.
now the Mrs. puts the d/w in dry mode so if I want to use my favorite whiskey glass, I take it out and run it under warm water then gradually to cold. I don't want to bust it by putting ice and booze in a hot glass.

A few years ago my dishwasher broke down right before Thanksgiving! :eek:

I called a repair shop, actually the piece of junk was still under warranty, and they said they could come the day before Thanksgiving, but not sooner. I am waaay too busy to deal with that the day before Thanksgiving, so I decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to get it fixed.

It wasn't too bad, hand-washing the dishes and using the dishwasher as a giant dish drainer. I got through Thanksgiving just fine, I just had to keep up with the dishes and not let them start piling up!

I'll tell you what, I would BY FAR rather have my dishwasher break down than my washing machine! BY FAR!!! You can still wash dishes at home if your dishwasher breaks down, but it's not really viable to wash your laundry by hand. At least not as much as I have.

Not to be unsympathetic, though, Bones. The breakdown of any major appliance in the home is a real hassle. Hope your new (used) one works well for you for many years.

A few years ago my dishwasher broke down right before Thanksgiving! :eek:

I called a repair shop, actually the piece of junk was still under warranty, and they said they could come the day before Thanksgiving, but not sooner. I am waaay too busy to deal with that the day before Thanksgiving, so I decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to get it fixed.

It wasn't too bad, hand-washing the dishes and using the dishwasher as a giant dish drainer. I got through Thanksgiving just fine, I just had to keep up with the dishes and not let them start piling up!

I'll tell you what, I would BY FAR rather have my dishwasher break down than my washing machine! BY FAR!!! You can still wash dishes at home if your dishwasher breaks down, but it's not really viable to wash your laundry by hand. At least not as much as I have.

Not to be unsympathetic, though, Bones. The breakdown of any major appliance in the home is a real hassle. Hope your new (used) one works well for you for many years.

I'll tell you what, I would BY FAR rather have my dishwasher break down than my washing machine!

it happened to us right before thanksgiving --LOL

front end loader

had to replace both springs and both shocks for a couple of hundred bucks

then it worked great for a few days

then the control board went goofy

then we went to menards

today is just not my day.....i noticed the other day that the control panel had a blinking light....when i tried to set the cycle it would blink but i got it to work...not today...both the cycle and the cancel are just blinking away...a new control panel is gonna run about 150 ...i need to fix it but i think it may be beyond me....it is hardwired in...so i need someone here to help with turning it off at the fuse box and all...i am not sure i want to try to do this at all but i figure i will either fix it or fubar it...

any hints or experience with this would be greatly repped.....its a kitchenaid

Just wait till you get a high efficiency washer. They usually come broke. In other words, the clothes go offsides, the washer stops and the LED is under "done". I go to throw the clothes in the dryer and I notice they aren't spun and drained because the clothes are heavy and full of water. These high efficiency washers come with sensors and they spend their time sensing where the load is instead of doing their job.

Fortunately I don't crap about green. I get the good old low efficiency washer and max flush toilets.

o i hate low flush toilets.....

update: new to me dishwasher is setting in kitchen floor.....says he will install it this weekend....

today is the day....and he goes to install the new to me pos....when he turns off the electric again...and the damn old d/w starts working...so now he refuses to replace it....i am pointing out it is only a matter of time now before it quits again...we shall see...

update: new to me dishwasher is setting in kitchen floor.....says he will install it this weekend....

i hate low flush toilets

when we did the bathroom remodel

we put in a toilet that instead of a handle

has two buttons on top

for little loads and one for the big load

get out....i did not know that....we have a simple toilet...one handle....

yeah it was meant to save water

but now the grand kid shows all his friends this thing --LOL

the only problem is one can not get replacement parts (yet) at Ace hardware

i hate low flush toilets

when we did the bathroom remodel

we put in a toilet that instead of a handle

has two buttons on top

for little loads and one for the big load

i am not a fan of the two stage toilets either!!...the ones that always get me are the ones with the single handle. If you dont HOLD down the handle it only flushes with the first stage...... :mad:

and...... i love my kohler's ....but if i am going to replace my low flows i am replacing them with one of these!!!

and american standard champion!

Last edited by a moderator:
well d/w worked for 3 loads then quit....hubby cut off circuit breaker and next morning it worked again....limping it along....i hate the plastic box.....i was watching some show and the lady was talking about how she use to have a big house and had stainless steel appliances and i think hubby was shocked that stainless steel means so much to the ladies....so i load this thing and hope....

Forum List

Back