Help the Black community

How does the government and society help the Black community deal with all of its problems?

What does the Black community need to do to deal with crime, drugs, single-parent homes, unemployment, low education?

I think several things need to happen:

#1. Convince Blacks that onl THEY can truly solve their problems. No government or white handouts can do the job for them.

#2. Blacks must make snitching on criminals, part of their culture. Crime will terrorize their community as long as "don't snitch" is a mantra of their culture.

#3. Middle-class, wealthy Blacks, and their non-Black allies must pool financial and intellectual resources together to create literacy, math, and job-training programs.

#4. Same as above, but to create large industries in the Black community to employ people. Factories, companies, industries, in Black communities.

#5. Create tax and other financial incentives for couples to stay together and raise their families. Make raising their children, as a strong element of black society, part of their culture. Pop music & other black icons will have to play a major roll in this. Those who refuse to comply should be shunned or worse.

you do the above, and in 30 years things will be better.

true

although i would alter number 4

provide incentives to move out the community altogether

plus i would add number 6

pick better roles models to look up to

I used to think that moving decent black people out of those crime ridden communities was the answer. A mass migration of decent hard working people who only wanted to live their lives in peace.

It doesn't work.

The reason it doesn't work is because the decent folks have criminality as their baggage. There's a cousin, child, brother, sister, child hood friend who is a low life scum or successful if murderous gang banger. They drag these millstones around wherever they go. They won't cut those ties. The successful people who do make it out of the inner city slums do cut those ties. They keep nothing. Even their own mothers don't know where they went. They might come back to visit, but never lets the past intrude on the present.
The ones whom do cut the ties to the bad elements among their group, and especially if that bad element remains stronger than they are when cutting those ties, will then be stereo typed as uncle tom's, and they will be dragged back into the bog in order to send a message to any others who attempt this cutting of the ties, as to never think that it is possible to forsake the community in this way.

The unity must remain strong and united in order for the door to swing both ways in the community for anyone who wants to go in and/or out regardless of their character. This is how it has been understood in the past about the "bad" that exist in any group or that is found in unity or in cultures whom stick together as a group in these ways. This way they (the bad), who are among groups whom stick together in these ways, can infiltrate freely outside the group, and this by way of the power found in the numbers in which gives credibility for all in the group to then move about freely in this way under a group title, so the fear is for the (bad), in their opinion I imagine and this by the understanding of these things, is that they would be isolated and seen easier as being (bad) when separated from the group if the group somehow separates from the bad that exist within a group.

It really is a shame, what is happening, culturally and societally to black people in this country. Instead of becoming easier to break out of poverty and inner city violence, they are actually making it harder. The ones who do make it, are race traitors to be reviled by blacks and those whites who agree. Dr. Ben Carson is reviled by liberals and blacks. He was head of neurosurgery at John Hopkins. To whites he's stupid, he's an idiot. Yet he grew up in Chicago in one of the worst areas. His mother was a single woman who never got beyond third grade and could not read. He escaped mostly because his mother was pretty much a saint who never let her children buy into the "you are owed" philosophy.

There is no way this can be fought externally. There is no about of education that could be provided, no amount of money that can be poured into these depressed areas that could make them better. The attitude is one of "Try it. I dare you. If you try to make my life better, I can make you fail. If I make you fail, I win".

With more freedom blacks are simply becoming what they were before they were brought to America.

It's nature

I one time asked a Black Pro Football player why the Blacks keep voting for democrats--his answer was because the Republicans hold Blacks Back---I then said do you not think if you wish change should you not vote differently--again never for a republican. Sounds like political; profiling to me.

It really is a shame, what is happening, culturally and societally to black people in this country. Instead of becoming easier to break out of poverty and inner city violence, they are actually making it harder. The ones who do make it, are race traitors to be reviled by blacks and those whites who agree. Dr. Ben Carson is reviled by liberals and blacks. He was head of neurosurgery at John Hopkins. To whites he's stupid, he's an idiot. Yet he grew up in Chicago in one of the worst areas. His mother was a single woman who never got beyond third grade and could not read. He escaped mostly because his mother was pretty much a saint who never let her children buy into the "you are owed" philosophy.

There is no way this can be fought externally. There is no about of education that could be provided, no amount of money that can be poured into these depressed areas that could make them better. The attitude is one of "Try it. I dare you. If you try to make my life better, I can make you fail. If I make you fail, I win".

Your post is a load of ignorant nonsense. Its easier for Black people to get ahead now in general. The only ones that wont get ahead are the ones that are not or will not be educated to their plight and take actions. Those are not the majority of Black Americans. Black Americans don't consider success as a badge of being an uncle tom. At least get your facts straight. Uncle Toms are those Blacks that put down their own race to please the white man. Colin Powell is a great example of a successful Black person who gets nothing but respect in the black community.

Same way it can help the rest of us...

Education.
Education.​
Education.​

The job of the government should be information and infrastructure.

Everybody in this country has access to free education through the 12th grade. That infrastructure already exists. Unfortunately, fewer blacks take advantage of that than any other race or ethnicity. Even worse, when it comes to black males, the high school graduation rate hovers around 50%.
Could it be said that self created cultures and/or characteristics that are constantly being created within, are therefore found among members of these types of communities more so as a negative than a positive, and has it led to the holding back of these communities or their members in society at large all because of ? Now all depending on the extent of who is winning the culture wars raging within the community, has the race hustlers who see gains in keeping the history of racism and racism going against whitey, actually doing this by sacrificing their own until they finally somehow gain supremacy over whitey ? Is this the thought process in their minds in which they are living by these hustlers or do they have an actual beef that is legit today as it were in the days of old ?

Now is racist whitey a kept alive ghost that they (the hustlers and their sheeple) keep struggling against, instead of an actual foe in which they still need to defeat as they think in such a way continuously or as time goes on and on ?

Racist whitey is only another obstacle. I see no issue with calling out an obstacle. I do see an issue with allowing it to keep you from success. It would be irresponsible not to educate your own to a known and proven obstacle such as racism. I have yet to hear any so called Black leader say whites are the reason you cant get ahead. What is being said is that slavery/racism and it psychological affects are the reason the situation exists. Whites want to deny it which only fuels the anger in the Black community and also gives an excuse for failure to those that wont do anything to help themselves no matter what..

It's racist to expect blacks to do well in a civil society

Your post is a load of ignorant nonsense. Its easier for Black people to get ahead now in general. The only ones that wont get ahead are the ones that are not or will not be educated to their plight and take actions. Those are not the majority of Black Americans. Black Americans don't consider success as a badge of being an uncle tom. At least get your facts straight. Uncle Toms are those Blacks that put down their own race to please the white man. Colin Powell is a great example of a successful Black person who gets nothing but respect in the black community.

Oh please, get real. Yes it is far easier for a black person to get ahead today and be successful. Most of them simply don't take advantage of what's offered. There are quotas, preferences and set asides, most of them taken by the same race hustlers over and over again.

The way to get ahead is the same for everyone. Black people have a special road to getting ahead, that's the path taken by Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Maxine Waters. Even Michael Jackson couldn't be bothered to be "black" until he needed blackness to be able to scream racism.

Extraordinary intelligence and ability is distributed across the human race without regard to color or status. Some choose to take advantage and some don't. For every Magic Johnson there are 100 Tupac Shakurs and 1000 De'Marquise Elkins' ending up the same way.

Oh please, get real. Yes it is far easier for a black person to get ahead today and be successful. Most of them simply don't take advantage of what's offered. There are quotas, preferences and set asides, most of them taken by the same race hustlers over and over again.

The way to get ahead is the same for everyone. Black people have a special road to getting ahead, that's the path taken by Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Maxine Waters. Even Michael Jackson couldn't be bothered to be "black" until he needed blackness to be able to scream racism.

Extraordinary intelligence and ability is distributed across the human race without regard to color or status. Some choose to take advantage and some don't. For every Magic Johnson there are 100 Tupac Shakurs and 1000 De'Marquise Elkins' ending up the same way.

What quotas and preferences are you talking about? What special road do Blacks have? I know I never heard of one. I have experienced racism numerous times but did not let it make me give up. You also left out that for every Magic Johnson there are 10,000 successful Black Americans. You guys just seem particularly intent on painting all of us with the same brush. Why is that?

Is there ever going to be a point when we can say we've done enough and it's time for the black community to stand on its own two feet? I mean, we've spent untold trillions in various social and education and welfare spending, we've had Affirmative Action, the Civil Rights Act, and the Voting Rights Act for 50 years, we've had blacks as president, member of the Supreme Court, members of Congress, cabinet officers, CEOs, physicians, scientists, engineers, movie stars, and so on and so forth. At what point can we say "it's on you now to fail or succeed"?

Is there ever going to be a point when we can say we've done enough and it's time for the black community to stand on its own two feet? I mean, we've spent untold trillions in various social and education and welfare spending, we've had Affirmative Action, the Civil Rights Act, and the Voting Rights Act for 50 years, we've had blacks as president, member of the Supreme Court, members of Congress, cabinet officers, CEOs, physicians, scientists, engineers, movie stars, and so on and so forth. At what point can we say "it's on you now to fail or succeed"?

Never. It's gone too far.

Great question. Its really a simple solution. Don't ask what can be done in the Black community unless you are prepared to hear the answers without argument. Address the racism you see in yourself and others so there will be no obstacles. Once that is accomplished you wont need to say anything.

AA helps white woman more than any other demographic and the fact that we need to have a Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act should be an ah ha moment. Whites make up the largest demographic on welfare. Saying stuff like that causes anger and claims of racism. Pointing out famous individuals really is no help. Inherently people believe there is something special about them and thats why they succeeded. When they see more of their family, friends, and neighbors getting ahead that will leave no excuse. Until their is hope that anyone can make it you will only see those of above average fortitude make it out.

Help the White community, they too need your help.

How does the government and society help the white community deal with all of its problems?

What does the white community need to do to deal with crime, drugs, single-parent homes, unemployment, low education?

Several things need to happen:

#1. Convince whites that only they can truly solve their problems. No government or handouts can do the job for them.

#2. Whites, especially white collar, must make snitching on criminals, part of their culture. Crime will terrorize their community as long as "don't snitch" is a mantra of their culture.

#3. Middle-class, wealthy whites, and their non-white allies (Asian, Asian Indians, Chinese) must pool financial and intellectual resources together to create literacy, math, and job-training programs.

#4. Same as above, but to create large industries in the white community to employ people. Factories, companies, industries, in white communities especially Appalachia and poverty regions in the southern areas of America.

#5. Create tax and other financial incentives for couples to stay together and raise their families. Make raising their children, as a strong element of white society, part of their culture. Pop music and other icons, such as Miley Cyrus or the Kardashians, will have to play a major roll in this.

If white America can do all of the above, and in a few short years the poor whites in America will be better off. There are no easy solutions, but the gap between the top whites and bottom whites is so large today America has now become a third world nation. Time we all did something about it.

Oh and buy and support made in America and only shop where fair wages are paid.

How Americans Can Buy American
The Level Field Institute
Putting America Back to Work: 5 Ways 'Made in the USA' Is Staging a Comeback

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.

You beat me to it, Midcan. Problems are not found only with blacks, it is found with all poor people, usually those who have not learned the sense of responsibility from their families and end up on the government dole generation after generation.

Convincing them to stay in school, solve their own problems and have children once they have secured a career is a tall order. But it can be done if we do not enable them to do otherwise with free lunches, clothing, medical, food, shelter, day care without working for years on end.

How does the government and society help the white community deal with all of its problems?

What does the white community need to do to deal with crime, drugs, single-parent homes, unemployment, low education?

#1. Convince whites that only they can truly solve their problems. No government or handouts can do the job for them.

#2. Whites, especially white collar, must make snitching on criminals, part of their culture. Crime will terrorize their community as long as "don't snitch" is a mantra of their culture.

#3. Middle-class, wealthy whites, and their non-white allies (Asian, Asian Indians, Chinese) must pool financial and intellectual resources together to create literacy, math, and job-training programs.

#4. Same as above, but to create large industries in the white community to employ people. Factories, companies, industries, in white communities especially Appalachia and poverty regions in the southern areas of America.

#5. Create tax and other financial incentives for couples to stay together and raise their families. Make raising their children, as a strong element of white society, part of their culture. Pop music and other icons, such as Miley Cyrus or the Kardashians, will have to play a major roll in this.

If white America can do all of the above, and in a few short years the poor whites in America will be better off. There are no easy solutions, but the gap between the top whites and bottom whites is so large today America has now become a third world nation. Time we all did something about it.

You beat me to it, Midcan. Problems are not found only with blacks, it is found with all poor people, usually those who have not learned the sense of responsibility from their families and end up on the government dole generation after generation.

Convincing them to stay in school, solve their own problems and have children once they have secured a career is a tall order. But it can be done if we do not enable them to do otherwise with free lunches, clothing, medical, food, shelter, day care without working for years on end.

Bullshit!

There are more poor whites than poor blacks and yet black commit violent crime at ten times the rate.

Poverty alone does not cause crime.

Bullshit!

There are more poor whites than poor blacks and yet black commit violent crime at ten times the rate.

Poverty alone does not cause crime.

I never said it did, did I? I wasn't talking about crimes, I was talking about not living up to the responsibilities of an adult and making their own way in this world caring for their own families and being a role model for their own children.

Last edited:

Great question. Its really a simple solution. Don't ask what can be done in the Black community unless you are prepared to hear the answers without argument. Address the racism you see in yourself and others so there will be no obstacles. Once that is accomplished you wont need to say anything.

AA helps white woman more than any other demographic and the fact that we need to have a Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act should be an ah ha moment. Whites make up the largest demographic on welfare. Saying stuff like that causes anger and claims of racism. Pointing out famous individuals really is no help. Inherently people believe there is something special about them and thats why they succeeded. When they see more of their family, friends, and neighbors getting ahead that will leave no excuse. Until their is hope that anyone can make it you will only see those of above average fortitude make it out.

if AA has helped more white women than any other demographic it is bcause they are woemen, not white

big if

if AA has helped more white women than any other demographic it is bcause they are woemen, not white

big if

Using your logic then why aren't Black women the biggest beneficiaries?

Forum List

Back