Here are President Theodore Roosevelt's comment on Immigration. Wake up Americans.

Operation Wetback How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico Political Vel Craft

President Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

‘In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American….There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.’

President Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Hispanic immigrants assimilate at about the same rate as most immigrants. Data shows that pretty much all 2nd generation immigrants speak english just fine and by the 3rd generation they identify far more with America's culture than with their family's culture. Just like every immigrant that's ever come into this country.

Time Out!

I have no hang-ups about Hispanic Americans, but I do agree with TR that until they become simply "Americans" they are enemies of our culture, and should be deported. Period, no discussion. There are many who would like to move here, and accept us just as we are. America does not need or want a makeover by Mexicans or Muslims. They either get with the program, or get out.

I live in two southwestern states, and I am tired of hearing "Hispanic," "Latina," "Latino," and "Migrant." I am just as tired of "Wetback," "Beaner," and "****." However, they brought those last labels onto themselves, by stealing.

In the border states everyone who uses Spanish as their main language is called a "Mexican." We do not need or want to hear, "I am from Honduras." No, you are a Mexican. If they entered the United States illegally, we address them as "illegal Mexicans" right to their face.

Now you are correct there are some Hispanic people with very American lifestyles. Muslims as well. We want to see them get rid of their Halloween costumes, and replace them with Crocs, Levis and T-shirts. They want to be Americans, it is our way or the highway.

IMG_9705.jpg

Does this circus look like the United States to you? Over my dead body.​

Operation Wetback How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico Political Vel Craft

President Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

‘In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American….There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.’

Hispanic immigrants assimilate at about the same rate as most immigrants. Data shows that pretty much all 2nd generation immigrants speak english just fine and by the 3rd generation they identify far more with America's culture than with their family's culture. Just like every immigrant that's ever come into this country.

Time Out!

I have no hang-ups about Hispanic Americans, but I do agree with TR that until they become simply "Americans" they are enemies of our culture, and should be deported. Period, no discussion. There are many who would like to move here, and accept us just as we are. America does not need or want a makeover by Mexicans or Muslims. They either get with the program, or get out.

I live in two southwestern states, and I am tired of hearing "Hispanic," "Latina," "Latino," and "Migrant." I am just as tired of "Wetback," "Beaner," and "****." However, they brought those last labels onto themselves, by stealing.

In the border states everyone who uses Spanish as their main language is called a "Mexican." We do not need or want to hear, "I am from Honduras." No, you are a Mexican. If they entered the United States illegally, we address them as "illegal Mexicans" right to their face.

Now you are correct there are some Hispanic people with very American lifestyles. Muslims as well. We want to see them get rid of their Halloween costumes, and replace them with Crocs, Levis and T-shirts. They want to be Americans, it is our way or the highway.
If we deported everyone until they were "American" there woudn't be anyone in our country! Are you crazy?!

And NO most people did not come here to "assimilate to be American" they came here because they would be free! So they could practice their culture in peace!

But guess what, as America became more DIVERSE all the different cultures had to start interacting with each other. And the result of this DIVERSITY is what we now call American culture!

Do you understand?

Nice fearmongering there btw Beachboy. How do you get by living under such constant terror?

It has been my experience that those who use the term "fearmongering" usually have an agenda I am not going to like. The ones who do not feel concern about the world situation, don't read enough news to be informed.

UUaJbED.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever happened to republicans hatred of Teddy? Are we just forgetting about that for right now?

You desperately need to turn off your computer, and read some history.
Whatever happened to republicans hatred of Teddy? Are we just forgetting about that for right now?

Lol you didn't know? I guess you're a RINO. :rofl:

Last edited:

Lol you didn't know? I guess you're a RINO. :rofl:

You have betrayed yourself. If you were as smart as you think you are, you would have read my profile before making a fool of yourself. I have been both an Republican and a Democrat in my short life. I am an independent voter who voted Obama twice and regret it because of his stands on Israel, the VA, the prisoner exchange, and immigration. I have been called a "Purple Democrat," and a "Conservative Democrat," but "Indy" is fine.

This is the problem with these forums. Low Information Voters are more interested in emptying their brain than understanding the facts of hard-ball politics. It is a very fast game, and requires effort to follow.

giphy.gif
Did you used to have a Spicoli avatar? If you did then you're full of shit because I've seen you post here a million times.

And if you didn't sorry, I confused you with another poster.

Didn't take long for bitchboy to show his true idiot/coward/psycho/bullshitter colors. he's certainly NOT an American, and i wonder how many who rushed to associate themselves with the little worm are now having second thoughts.

You have betrayed yourself. If you were as smart as you think you are, you would have read my profile before making a fool of yourself. I have been both an Republican and a Democrat in my short life. I am an independent voter who voted Obama twice and regret it because of his stands on Israel, the VA, the prisoner exchange, and immigration. I have been called a "Purple Democrat," and a "Conservative Democrat," but "Indy" is fine.

This is the problem with these forums. Low Information Voters are more interested in emptying their brain than understanding the facts of hard-ball politics. It is a very fast game, and requires effort to follow.

giphy.gif

Didn't take long for bitchboy to show his true idiot/coward/psycho/bullshitter colors. he's certainly NOT an American, and i wonder how many who rushed to associate themselves with the little worm are now having second thoughts.

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who live in a fantasy world of "Do unto others......" and those who understand the hard-ball politics of running a democracy in a world full of terrorists, freeloaders, and wannabes.

Check out this clip from A Few Good Men. You see contrary to the scripting, Cruise is wrong, and Nicholson is correct. Try a little truth for a change, and then get back to me.

Last edited:

There are two kinds of people in this world.

No, there are many kinds, you worthless little dipshit.

Time Out!

If we deported everyone until they were "American" there woudn't be anyone in our country! Are you crazy?!

And NO most people did not come here to "assimilate to be American" they came here because they would be free! So they could practice their culture in peace!

But guess what, as America became more DIVERSE all the different cultures had to start interacting with each other. And the result of this DIVERSITY is what we now call American culture!

Do you understand?

BS! Most immigrants aren't coming here for freedom. They already come from free countries. They come here for economic opportunities whether it be jobs or handouts. I don't care what culture one practices in the privacy of one's own home but out in mainstream act American and assimilate. The salad bowl concert is what is being encouraged today not the melting pot that it once was. Stay in your own country if you want to practice your native culture all over the place. Why come here if you don't want to assimilate into our society? We are just a cash cow to so many of them today.

Not really. Even when they know English Hispanics won't use it as their primary language of usage. Most prefer Spanish out in public every time. That's not assimilation. With the constant flow of illegal aliens from south of our border it will only get worse.

I don't care what culture one practices in the privacy of one's own home but out in mainstream act American and assimilate...Stay in your own country if you want to practice your native culture all over the place. .

Fuck you; you understand nothing of America. Free, law-abiding people in this country never have and never will be restricted to only hiding behind the curtains lest they offend fools like you. America has ALWAYS been a land of many peoples, cultures, and languages. It is a testimony to the strength of America that the Melting Pot still functions as it always has.

How people act and speak "out in mainstream America" is none of your fucking business if they are not interacting with you personally or breaking any laws. Grow a pair and get a clue.

There are two kinds of people in this world.

No, there are many kinds, you worthless little dipshit.

You can break demographics into as small or large of a grouping as you want.

For example: There are 3 kinds of people, left handed people, right handed people, and ambidextrous people.

It all depends on how you are breaking that down. And you can't really grasp what he was talking about, and don't even have a rudimentary understanding of how statistics work.

Try and be smarter next time, thanks.

Time Out!

IMG_9705.jpg

Does this circus look like the United States to you? Over my dead body.​

Honduras and Mexico are different countries, Dumbass.

What we really need to do is to deport the Ignorami. Problem is, we haven't found a place stupid enough where they'd fit in.

Ah 1907. When race riots and lynchings were everyday affairs (and then documented as postcards) -- when the European colonizers of America had subdued and virtually exterminated the last holdouts of its indigenous population and turned its wrath on newer European arrivals like Italians. Gosh Jeepers, those were the daze.

What a great ideal to emulate. What could possibly go wrong doing that-- I can't think of a thing, can you?
I don't see where anyone but you is bringing up less savory aspects of those times . There is no reason we cannot recognize those aspects that were right and good for us as a nation while eschewing those that were best left to history. The quote regarding immigration in the OP and attributed to Roosevelt is absolutely correct.

Verbally accurate it may be, but TR was not speaking to, or of, America 2015 as the boy blunder OP would imply. He spoke within, and about, the mores of 1907. And that's why I laid out exactly that; it tells us much more about the voice speaking than his name does.

Forum List

Back