Zone1 Here Are The Old Testament Passages Describing The Foretold Jewish Messiah

"Our Rabbis with one voice accept and affirm the opinion that the prophet is speaking of the King Messiah, and we shall ourselves also adhere to the same view." - Rabbi Moshe Alshekh, 16th century.

52:13 "Behold, My servant will prosper." Israel in the singular is called God's servant throughout Isaiah, both explicitly (Isa. 41:8-9; 44:1-2; 45:4; 48:20; 49:3) and implicitly (Isa. 42:19-20; 43:10) - the Messiah is not. Other references to Israel as God's servant include Jer. 30:10 (note that in Jer. 30:17, the servant Israel is regarded by the nations as an outcast, forsaken by God, as in Isa. 53:4); Jer. 46:27-28; Ps. 136:22; Lk. 1:54. ALSO: Given the Christian view that Jesus is God, is God His own servant?

52:13 "Behold, My servant will prosper." Israel in the singular is called God's servant throughout Isaiah, both explicitly (Isa. 41:8-9; 44:1-2; 45:4; 48:20; 49:3) and implicitly (Isa. 42:19-20; 43:10) - the Messiah is not. Other references to Israel as God's servant include Jer. 30:10 (note that in Jer. 30:17, the servant Israel is regarded by the nations as an outcast, forsaken by God, as in Isa. 53:4); Jer. 46:27-28; Ps. 136:22; Lk. 1:54. ALSO: Given the Christian view that Jesus is God, is God His own servant?

Dualing sources

It has been claimed by some writers that Isaiah 52:13-53:12 actually refers to Israel as a nation and not to an individual Messiah. But, there are several commentaries written by rabbis that show that even non-Christians widely acknowledged that the prophecy refers to a Messiah and not to a nation. Several examples of these writings are listed in the book, The Fifty-Third Chapter of Isaiah According to the Jewish Interpreters, edited by S.R. Driver and A.D. Neubauer. Here are two examples from that book:

"Our Rabbis with one voice accept and affirm the opinion that the prophet is speaking of the King Messiah, and we shall ourselves also adhere to the same view." - Rabbi Moshe Alshekh, 16th century.

That's an incomplete quote -- the Alshich is explaining that the "servant" is referring to David:

Our Rabbis with one voice accept and affirm the opinion that the prophet is speaking of the Messiah, and we shall ourselves also adhere to the same view: for the Messiah is of course David, who, as is well known, was ‘anointed’, and there is a verse in which the prophet, speaking in the name of the Lord, says expressly, ‘My servant David shall be king over them’. The expression my servant, therefore, can be justly referred to David….

Yes, God is his own servant.

That's an incomplete quote -- the Alshich is explaining that the "servant" is referring to David:

Our Rabbis with one voice accept and affirm the opinion that the prophet is speaking of the Messiah, and we shall ourselves also adhere to the same view: for the Messiah is of course David, who, as is well known, was ‘anointed’, and there is a verse in which the prophet, speaking in the name of the Lord, says expressly, ‘My servant David shall be king over them’. The expression my servant, therefore, can be justly referred to David….
here is an analysis

Don't add commentary. Read what it says.
HAHAHAHA!!! :auiqs.jpg:
Foolish people who refuse to take prophet's information and understand. That's why prophets were often stoned. There were people like yourself that refused their future information about the Messiah. And, now looing in the rears, people reject that which did happen as stated in the ancient prophecies like Isaiah's. You are basically stoning Isaiah again.

HAHAHAHA!!! :auiqs.jpg:
Foolish people who refuse to take prophet's information and understand. That's why prophets were often stoned. There were people like yourself that refused their future information about the Messiah. And, now looing in the rears, people reject that which did happen as stated in the ancient prophecies like Isaiah's. You are basically stoning Isaiah again.
Paul was right. They're blind. Paul was blind until Jesus revealed Himself.

Paul was right. They're blind. Paul was blind until Jesus revealed Himself.
That's our hope for responding to Surada and others. That they will eventually see the light and realize their scholars have blinded them into disbelieving in Christ and God for that matter.

The expression my servant, therefore, can be justly referred to David….

Actually "

"Mashiach" in Isaiah 53 is referring to a "descendent of David.​

The truth is that both Hebrew AND Christian Scholars differ on this.

That's our hope for responding to Surada and others. That they will eventually see the light and realize their scholars have blinded them into disbelieving in Christ and God for that matter.

I think it's a mistake to change Jewish scriptures. Further, it creates confusion about Jesus.

Forum List

Back