Here comes the libs after the Redskins !!

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Fuck you Pelosi, you goddamn old bag !

Pelosi: Redskins should lose their trademark

While many have called on Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to change the team’s name, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D, Calif.) is proposing an alternate strategy: hitting Snyder’s wallet.

Pelosi, speaking Thursday at an event hosted by the National Congress of American Indians, called for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to tell the NFL that the league can’t keep the registered trademark for the Washington Redskins. The trademark prevents unlicensed vendors from making and selling merchandise with the team name and logo.

During her speech, Pelosi said:

"We all respect freedom of speech, but the trademark office has rejected names which are considered offensive and they should do it now. They can keep their name on the team, but when it comes to all the stuff — that’s serious money. So I think that is one path that we can go.”

Pelosi: Redskins should lose their*trademark | SI Wire

While many have called on Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to change the team’s name, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D, Calif.) is proposing an alternate strategy: hitting Snyder’s wallet.

Pelosi, speaking Thursday at an event hosted by the National Congress of American Indians, called for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to tell the NFL that the league can’t keep the registered trademark for the Washington Redskins. The trademark prevents unlicensed vendors from making and selling merchandise with the team name and logo.

"We all respect freedom of speech, but the trademark office has rejected names which are considered offensive and they should do it now. They can keep their name on the team, but when it comes to all the stuff — that’s serious money. So I think that is one path that we can go.”

Blacks didn't want to be "colored" once. They wanted to be a tone. Black, specifically.

What are Indians more comfortable with??

People will always attack other classes. But when a class folds and says, "I want to be called something else" it shows weakness. And if Junior High taught us anything (lot's of adults haven't matured beyond it) is that people will keep poking at you if you show a weakness.

I think we need to change the perspective.

Watch the people attack others and understand THEY are the weakest in society trying to paint others as weak to build themselves up.

Unless it's a term made specifically to be derogatory then use it. If I'm Red, I'll embrace it because that is who I am. If I am black i'll embrace it because that is who I am. If I'm retarded I'll embrace it because that is who I am.

Allowing others to use it as derogatory terms just shows that they are less educated. Banning my own description though, shows thows that I'm unwilling to accept myself.

Or maybe an Indian can tell me why "redskin" is derogatory. I thought it was complimentary.

I grew up a Cowboys fan, but I am no more.

Still, I hate the Redskins.

I hope they change their name to something more passive, international, and optimistic as a symbol.

After years of research only one thing fits all categories; the Cherry Blossoms.

The Washington Cherry Blossoms does have a nice ring to it and their cheer leaders, of course, would be the Washington Cherries.

The Washington Cherry Blossoms; doesnt it just put a chill down your spine?

roflmao

I grew up a Cowboys fan, but I am no more.

Still, I hate the Redskins.

I hope they change their name to something more passive, international, and optimistic as a symbol.

After years of research only one thing fits all categories; the Cherry Blossoms.

The Washington Cherry Blossoms does have a nice ring to it and their cheer leaders, of course, would be the Washington Cherries.

The Washington Cherry Blossoms; doesnt it just put a chill down your spine?

roflmao

:lol:

Let's change the pace of this post;

Tell us what the new name of the team should be. SERIOUS EQUIRES ONLY.

Blacks didn't want to be "colored" once. They wanted to be a tone. Black, specifically.

People will always attack other classes. But when a class folds and says, "I want to be called something else" it shows weakness. And if Junior High taught us anything (lot's of adults haven't matured beyond it) is that people will keep poking at you if you show a weakness.

Watch the people attack others and understand THEY are the weakest in society trying to paint others as weak to build themselves up.

Unless it's a term made specifically to be derogatory then use it. If I'm Red, I'll embrace it because that is who I am. If I am black i'll embrace it because that is who I am. If I'm retarded I'll embrace it because that is who I am.

Allowing others to use it as derogatory terms just shows that they are less educated. Banning my own description though, shows thows that I'm unwilling to accept myself.

Or maybe an Indian can tell me why "redskin" is derogatory. I thought it was complimentary.

Indians are comfortable with Indians, that is what we always have been called. You would not call a sports team the ******* or the Chinks. If the name is offensive to people, it should be changed.

Indians are comfortable with Indians, that is what we always have been called. You would not call a sports team the ******* or the Chinks. If the name is offensive to people, it should be changed.

Or the motherfuckers could grow some thicker skin.

Redskin does not equate to ****** or wetback. These two words have always been pejorative terms, and consequently not a single college or professional team of any sport uses those two words for their mascot or symbol.

But Redskin has long been associated with the idea of a tenacious warrior, a resourceful and cunning opponent.

That is why the team owner chose that name, in honor of several of his best players who were at that time Amerindians.

It was and still is a term of gritted teeth, grudging respect, and that has nothing to do with dishonor or anything to feel insulted by.

It only offends a bunch of pussies who get their panties up in a wad about anything and everything, the exact opposite of what the Redskin moniker stands for.

That's probably why ass-hats like you hate it so much.

Let's change the pace of this post;

Tell us what the new name of the team should be. SERIOUS EQUIRES ONLY.

The Warriors would not be bad, same idea.

Bullshit.

It would always be associated with the surrender of the teams glorious and honorable past.

Why don't you go buy yourself a teddy bear and snuggle with Pajama Boy if it bothers you that bad?

That's it, we need to get rid of welfare. Back in the old days people worked, and didn't have time to sit around and think of things to be offended about.

The economy is still weak
Our infrastucture is crumbling
Our national debt is skyhigh
Russia is getting trigger-happy

And yet, Nutty Nancy's biggest concern is the name of a privately-owned football team. She needs to re-evaluate her priorities.

They can call themselves whatever they feel like ... GOSH!

New-Redskins-Logo.jpg

The economy is still weak
Our infrastucture is crumbling
Our national debt is skyhigh
Russia is getting trigger-happy

And yet, Nutty Nancy's biggest concern is the name of a privately-owned football team. She needs to re-evaluate her priorities.

Power, is THE priority of progressives.

Forum List

Back