Here is a topic about airplane crashes

I personally think they waited too long to advise ATC that some of their instruments had failed. I also think that their was a lot of pertinent information that it would have been helpful to relay to ATC on first contact.
Robert Kennedy did not have instruments that failed him.

Here is a topic about airplane crashes​

Isn't this a very old incident? Like from the 1960s? Several mistakes were made:
  1. Airlines approach under such bad weather should be diverted to another airfield. Better safe than sorry. Such bad weather on landing contributes to more crashes than probably anything else.
  2. They have an instrument system now I think it is called ALS which makes landing in cloudy weather almost fail safe.
  3. Passenger jets are made to an economy. They could be made much safer with redundancies to instruments, special features for landing on water, etc., which could greatly reduce fatalities, but it would add to the cost of jets, the cost of tickets, and the planes holding fewer people.
  4. If you like this sort of thing, you really should check out a TV show called MAYDAY: AIR DISASTER. Quest has it on late at night but you can also watch it online:

Riveting stories very well done full of suspense as you literally dissect the symptoms, events, causes and solutions.

Forum List

Back