Here is what I want to know from Democrats at USMB....

Should Hillary be elected, there will be no governing again. It will be a constant barrage of investigations. Law suits, impeachment hearings etc etc.

Obama came into office with none of the baggage of Clinton's. And nothing got accomplished.

Can you imagine what will happen with a Clinton in the WH again?

But that's going to be the problem with ANY Democrat who gets elected. I'm sure a lot of Democrats voted for Obama in 2008 for exactly that reason. The Republicans went ape shit on him anyway.

I think what you should do is move to one of those places, try it out for a couple of years,

If BIG Centralized Govt was the answer,,,,,,,we would be typing on NK laptop, driving Cuban cars and eating at Venezulan Chimichanga fast food conglomerate. USA creates and produces because you can get rich doing it. No one does anything when Govt keeps it all. If I invent a car that drives over traffic I want massive cut of it or I am not going to do it so the Govt can retire better faster.

If the tax rate were 0%, the federal government would collect 0 dollars.

If the tax rate were 100%, the federal government would still collect 0 dollars because who would be stupid enough to create money?

So the correct rate is somewhere in between

At what point do the wealthy say...I don't want to make money anymore

They will always have the desire to make money, they just may not make it in this country anymore.

But forget about them. What about the people that were thinking of trying to become successful in life? What about the person(s) who may have been thinking of opening up that small business or make major investments?

Even the owner of Subway Sandwiches stated he would never dream of opening up a restaurant today yet alone a franchise. With all the regulations, taxation and red tape that we now have, he would have just assumed it would be a lost cause because any profit would have been eaten up; no pun intended.

I think what you should do is move to one of those places, try it out for a couple of years,

If BIG Centralized Govt was the answer,,,,,,,we would be typing on NK laptop, driving Cuban cars and eating at Venezulan Chimichanga fast food conglomerate. USA creates and produces because you can get rich doing it. No one does anything when Govt keeps it all. If I invent a car that drives over traffic I want massive cut of it or I am not going to do it so the Govt can retire better faster.

If the tax rate were 100%, the federal government would still collect 0 dollars because who would be stupid enough to create money?

They will always have the desire to make money, they just may not make it in this country anymore.

But forget about them. What about the people that were thinking of trying to become successful in life? What about the person(s) who may have been thinking of opening up that small business or make major investments?

Even the owner of Subway Sandwiches stated he would never dream of opening up a restaurant today yet alone a franchise. With all the regulations, taxation and red tape that we now have, he would have just assumed it would be a lost cause because any profit would have been eaten up; no pun intended.
Stop hiding behind small business to defend the mega wealthy

A small business is not going to be making the millions plus profits to be paying higher tax rates

A small business is not going to be making the millions plus profits to be paying higher tax rates

And don't you think that would be their ultimate goal? Of course it would. But what would be the point if you knew that down the road, government is going to take most of what you earned anyhow?

Big businesses just don't appear out of the blue. Big businesses started off as small businesses.

Gee, I thought he would have a hard time because he hired child-molesting spokesmen... but let's get real.

People made plenty of money when we made the rich pay their fair share.In fact, they never made more money. The problem with the rich is that they are too damned greedy.

I woukd have liked to hear more from O'Mally.
150427175657-15-baltimore-protests-0427-large-169.jpg

In Baltimore, Martin O'Malley Faulted for Punitive Tactics

With Baltimore racked by rioting over the unexplained death in police custody of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old African-American, the zero-tolerance policing embraced by O'Malley when he was Baltimore mayor from 1999 to 2007 is being blamed for fostering mistrust between residents of the predominantly black city and its police force.
a little something in O'malley's closet - the former mayor of Baltimore ... minority democratic voters may not appreciate.

And don't you think that would be their ultimate goal? Of course it would. But what would be the point if you knew that down the road, government is going to take most of what you earned anyhow?

Big businesses just don't appear out of the blue. Big businesses started off as small businesses.
Now you are getting there

When small businesses get hugely successful they can afford rates that anyone else who is successful can pay

With Baltimore racked by rioting over the unexplained death in police custody of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old African-American, the zero-tolerance policing embraced by O'Malley when he was Baltimore mayor from 1999 to 2007 is being blamed for fostering mistrust between residents of the predominantly black city and its police force.
a little something in O'malley's closet - the former mayor of Baltimore ... minority democratic voters may not appreciate.

I thought zero tolerance policing was loved by conservatives

Democrats don't care, that's why they vote the way they do.

Baltimore Received $1.8 Billion from Obama’s Stimulus Law

Forum List

Back