Here is who REALLY owns the government:

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
This is why I don't vote at the national- level anymore. It only encourages them.

The Quiet Coup - Simon Johnson - The Atlantic

(snip)
The crash has laid bare many unpleasant truths about the United States. One of the most alarming, says a former chief economist of the International Monetary Fund, is that the finance industry has effectively captured our government—a state of affairs that more typically describes emerging markets, and is at the center of many emerging-market crises. If the IMF’s staff could speak freely about the U.S., it would tell us what it tells all countries in this situation: recovery will fail unless we break the financial oligarchy that is blocking essential reform. And if we are to prevent a true depression, we’re running out of time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yY6WSDBt7M]Glenn Greenwald "The Finance Industry Has Captured Our Government" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
This article is referenced in the interview:

Greed and Stupidity
The best single encapsulation of the greed narrative is an essay called “The Quiet Coup,” by Simon Johnson in The Atlantic (available online now).

Johnson begins with a trend. Between 1973 and 1985, the U.S. financial sector accounted for about 16 percent of domestic corporate profits. In the 1990s, it ranged from 21 percent to 30 percent. This decade, it soared to 41 percent.

In other words, Wall Street got huge.

Last edited:
If you are discouraged that no one pays attention to your post, don't be:

[ame=http://youtu.be/AfozAw40_zM]Nobody the Leader - Greatest Story Never Told Part 1 - We 1% Will Win - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty sure the american people, those who vote control the government. Last I checked, these "big banks" can't vote.

they can afford 3 lobbyists per congressman to *cough* "help" write bills. You?

You just don't "get it". It isn't who gets elected, its what bills get passed or repealed like Gramm–Leach–Bliley. Google that one :thup: .

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/03/opinion/03brooks.html?_r=0
In other words, Wall Street got huge. As it got huge, its prestige grew. Its compensation packages grew. Its political power grew as well. Wall Street and Washington merged as a flow of investment bankers went down to the White House and the Treasury Department.

The result was a string of legislation designed to further enhance the freedom and power of finance. Regulations separating commercial and investment banking were repealed. There were major increases in the amount of leverage allowed to investment banks.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the american people, those who vote control the government. Last I checked, these "big banks" can't vote.

You just don't "get it". It isn't who gets elected, its what bills get passed.

If Americans don't like the bills passed by Congress, they can vote them out, "big banks" couldn't stop a congressman from being removed. So no, you are wrong.

People get what they vote for, there is no conspiracy afoot.

If Americans don't like the bills passed by Congress, they can vote them out, "big banks" couldn't stop a congressman from being removed. So no, you are wrong.

the bills/laws they enacted will still be there even if the congressman is voted out.

You're naive as they come. Having a choice between one of these two parties is no choice at all. They both simply take turns at the trough :thup:

the bills/laws they enacted will still be there even if the congressman is voted out.

You're naive as they come. Having a choice between one of these two parties is no choice at all. They both simply take turns at the trough :thup:

New Congressmen can repeal bills or write laws making previous legislation obsolete.

The thing here is, you just can't accept the fact no one buys your tinfoil hat brand of politics. Instead of just waking to the fact that you are out of the mainstream, you create this illusion that everyone agrees with you, but are kept down by some mystery men behind the curtain.

how many new congressmen does it take to do that? I'll give you a hint: more than a handful :thup:

Seriously, you new to msg boards? No one is just going to "take your word for it" here. I've posted 5+ links on this one page. You?

If you are discouraged that no one pays attention to your post, don't be:

they like their matrix-like slumber it appears.
You have select goofballs on the media, on political forums and in the government, because...
For ordinary people, unless they are trying to establish a career in politics, collect donations, showcase on television, sell some books or get a TV show, it is absolutely meaningless to get involved with any anti establishment movement, because the conditions do not seem to be right for any sort of revolution to take place, since the masses are just too ignorant..... But let me remind you what causes and cures ignorance - full stomachs, and empty stomachs. As soon as just one percent of us, the intelligent people, who care about our society, about our justice system join together, the conditions will be made right, by those who created us in the first place, by those who created me.

One thing has never changed, and never will change: the small minority will always lead - when you have large groups of people without a leadership - you have occupy wall street and the tea party - they can fume against the establishment all they want, but they can do absolutely nothing about it. Only we, the small minority have the power to change the system for them - for the love of justice, for the love of humanity.

Everyone knows this stuff by now, half of us have outrage fatigue over this and the other half apparently welcome our masters and wish to be put on the protected list for all their shameful toadying. Ha! As if anyone would be safe from the money sucking blackhole of the banking cartel.

People voted for a Nobel peace prize winner guy who promised dialog with Iran and Syria, I voted for a guy who promised no nation building, and the video below takes home my point, I rest my case, now you can switch the subject:

[ame=http://youtu.be/3DvwMrRzrPw]Fraud They call Democratic Elections in America (same I'm sure in other axis of democracy nations) - YouTube[/ame]

You might be pretty sure but you're still wrong. Follow the money trail. It'll lead you directly to those who exercise real control. Maybe you should get one of those tinfoil hats you mentioned. You do need something to protect your fragile intellect from external manipulation.

You might be pretty sure but you're still wrong. Follow the money trail. It'll lead you directly to those who exercise real control. Maybe you should get one of those tinfoil hats you mentioned. You do need something to protect your fragile intellect from external manipulation.

You're the one that has to create conspiracies to protect your fragile ego from recognizing that no one agrees with your political views, and often to protect your ego from recognizing failures in your own life. Instead of looking in, you look out, and blame others for your mishaps. Maybe you ought to step back and figure how far out of touch you are with reality.

This article is referenced in the interview:

Greed and Stupidity
The best single encapsulation of the greed narrative is an essay called “The Quiet Coup,” by Simon Johnson in The Atlantic (available online now).

Johnson begins with a trend. Between 1973 and 1985, the U.S. financial sector accounted for about 16 percent of domestic corporate profits. In the 1990s, it ranged from 21 percent to 30 percent. This decade, it soared to 41 percent.

In other words, Wall Street got huge.

But if we tax them as much as labor the economy will suffer!

Forum List

Back