Here is who REALLY owns the government:

I'll bet you voted for Bush, so it's your fault.

I couldn't have voted for Bush, I wasn't of voting age when he was president. I am not even a big fan of him, but seriously, find a new scapegoat, it's been over 5 years. I've heard it said it is everyone's fault(Bankers, Zionists(code for Jews), Bush etc etc). It is everyone's fault except for the president and the congress.

Give me a break.

The fault lies with BushCo, Republicans, and wall street.

Yeah right, Pelosi and the rest of the corrupt Democrats bear no responsibility at all... What a moronic view of the world you have.

Our elected officials stopped working for us quite some time ago. It just took the information age to gather the evidence and spread it to the masses. The internet is an oligarch's worst nightmare.

I'll bet you voted for Bush, so it's your fault.

If you voted for Bush or Obama it's your fault. There is little difference between how the two have conducted business.

Obama gave the banks a walk? Be careful, if you say yes I'll have to point out the tens of millions BofA, Wells Fargo, and Citibank have been fined in the last five years.

Oh boy, tens of millions when they received BILLIONS in bailout money and then had the gall to give themselves millions of dollars in bonuses. How many of those Goldman Sachs assholes did Obama put in positions of power in HIS administration? Hmmmm? What a partisan piece of shit you are.

They ALL suck you dickhead!

It is always strange when everyone can agree that this is a problem but they turn it into a partisan issue. Both sides are guilty. Maybe if people stopped arguing about which side was more guilty something could get done to fix the problem.

It is not a partisan issue. "Both sides" bear a more or less equal responsibility for the systemic faults. However one side is so stridently and blindly anti-regulation that they act as a barrier to progress. Regulation is one of the few avenues to progress. How else to combat the excessive influence of the few except to regulate it? It's the only way the people can enact their will.

Better watch out with that, Pelosi and company are allowed to do insider trading. Wouldn't want regulations to interfere with that little gravy train now would they. Once again it is both sides who are equally corrupt. Until my fellow Democrats wake the fuck up and figure that out, we the people are going to continue to get screwed.

If Americans don't like the bills passed by Congress, they can vote them out, "big banks" couldn't stop a congressman from being removed. So no, you are wrong.

People get what they vote for, there is no conspiracy afoot.

the bills/laws they enacted will still be there even if the congressman is voted out.

You're naive as they come. Having a choice between one of these two parties is no choice at all. They both simply take turns at the trough :thup:

New Congressmen can repeal bills or write laws making previous legislation obsolete.

The thing here is, you just can't accept the fact no one buys your tinfoil hat brand of politics. Instead of just waking to the fact that you are out of the mainstream, you create this illusion that everyone agrees with you, but are kept down by some mystery men behind the curtain.

They wont repeal them because they benefit from them.

they can afford 3 lobbyists per congressman to *cough* "help" write bills. You?

You just don't "get it". It isn't who gets elected, its what bills get passed.

If Americans don't like the bills passed by Congress, they can vote them out, "big banks" couldn't stop a congressman from being removed. So no, you are wrong.

People get what they vote for, there is no conspiracy afoot.

the bills/laws they enacted will still be there even if the congressman is voted out.

You're naive as they come. Having a choice between one of these two parties is no choice at all. They both simply take turns at the trough :thup:

and yet you defend the Democrats....just about every thread you start is one bashing the Republicans.....90% of your posts are defending Democrats and agreeing with your boyfriend Dean.....yea....i can believe what you said up there.....lying sack of shit....

Last edited:

New Congressmen can repeal bills or write laws making previous legislation obsolete.

The thing here is, you just can't accept the fact no one buys your tinfoil hat brand of politics. Instead of just waking to the fact that you are out of the mainstream, you create this illusion that everyone agrees with you, but are kept down by some mystery men behind the curtain.

Correct. The American people have the power to stop all this every election, but they don't. Instead they live in ignorant bliss, forming their opinions from 30 second sound bytes in the media and allowing themselves to be distracted by wedge issues like abortion, racism, gay marriage, etc. instead of the stuff that actually matters. If folks across the political spectrum would unite on this and then hold their representatives' feet to the fire if they don't deliver, we very much could put a stop to this kind of stuff, but it isn't going to happen.
this explains why more than 1/2 of the popultion doesn't vote :thup:
This is why I don't vote at the national- level anymore. It only encourages them.

This is why the problem continues

why didn't you just say that you didn't listen to the interview I posted in the OP :dunno: Electing a few people w/ conscience' won't fix whats wrong. Theres too many people there willing to be bought-out by their puppet masters.

It is always strange when everyone can agree that this is a problem but they turn it into a partisan issue. Both sides are guilty. Maybe if people stopped arguing about which side was more guilty something could get done to fix the problem.

Because it is partisan. The gas shortage in the 70's, S&L crisis, healthcare premiums, economic crash of 2007-2008 are all Republican.

Like banding together and ridding ourselves of the POLITICIANS in it for themselves on BOTH SIDES...and putting in Temporary STATESMEN that really represent...

Maybe?

'STATESMEN'? What are you, 90?

Your clairvoyant power is as deficient as your ability to perceive political reality. Just the statement "no one agrees with your political views" demonstrates an hallucinogenic naivete. You must be one of the very few human beings alive today who hasn't realized that the "Influence for Sale" sign has hung over the doors to power for a very long time.
yep, for decades.
Your clairvoyant power is as deficient as your ability to perceive political reality. Just the statement "no one agrees with your political views" demonstrates an hallucinogenic naivete. You must be one of the very few human beings alive today who hasn't realized that the "Influence for Sale" sign has hung over the doors to power for a very long time.

If people wanted to ban lobbyists, they would vote for politicians who would pass strict laws to that effect.

Sorry, you are a political outcast, an outsider; well that is the nice way to say it, you are a political loser, probably a loser in real life as well, as most of your conspiracy ilk are. You have to justify how far out of touch you are with the mainstream by suggesting their is a cabal of people conning the mainstream.

The fact is, people are getting what they vote for. If they don't want it, they have all the power to change it.

so you weren't old enough to vote for Bush II yet you're more than happy to lecture us. Which ivy league school you graduate from? :eusa_think:

Correct. The American people have the power to stop all this every election, but they don't. Instead they live in ignorant bliss, forming their opinions from 30 second sound bytes in the media and allowing themselves to be distracted by wedge issues like abortion, racism, gay marriage, etc. instead of the stuff that actually matters. If folks across the political spectrum would unite on this and then hold their representatives' feet to the fire if they don't deliver, we very much could put a stop to this kind of stuff, but it isn't going to happen.
this explains why more than 1/2 of the popultion doesn't vote :thup:
This is why I don't vote at the national- level anymore. It only encourages them.

This is why the problem continues

why didn't you just say that you didn't listen to the interview I posted in the OP :dunno: Electing a few people w/ conscience' won't fix whats wrong. Theres too many people there willing to be bought-out by their puppet masters.
The dingbat, actually TWO of the dingbats here in this thread that tried to blame the "stupid people" for electing bad politicians, did not answer my question "who did they vote for" and "who are we supposed to vote for". it's easy to blame the "stupid people" and TV helps them with that.

When it comes to a federal election you're pretty much assured the candidates are sleaze by default. Most are already millionaires and have been bought and paid, but it when it comes to the president you are selected, not elected.

Like banding together and ridding ourselves of the POLITICIANS in it for themselves on BOTH SIDES...and putting in Temporary STATESMEN that really represent...

Maybe?

'STATESMEN'? What are you, 90?

Busting my gut!
Is the 90 referring to age or IQ?

But honestly, it's IMPOSSIBLE for a non-card carrying Club member to run for office without being labeled a pedophile or have an incestuous relationship with their kids.

It is not a partisan issue. "Both sides" bear a more or less equal responsibility for the systemic faults. However one side is so stridently and blindly anti-regulation that they act as a barrier to progress. Regulation is one of the few avenues to progress. How else to combat the excessive influence of the few except to regulate it? It's the only way the people can enact their will.

Better watch out with that, Pelosi and company are allowed to do insider trading. Wouldn't want regulations to interfere with that little gravy train now would they. Once again it is both sides who are equally corrupt. Until my fellow Democrats wake the fuck up and figure that out, we the people are going to continue to get screwed.

You do know that Pelosi voted for the STOCK act.

I stand up and applaud the OP. I think statement starting at 6:40 in the video speaks to much of the dynamics both in the nation and on this board.

The Quiet Coup - Simon Johnson - The Atlantic

(snip)
The crash has laid bare many unpleasant truths about the United States. One of the most alarming, says a former chief economist of the International Monetary Fund, is that the finance industry has effectively captured our government—a state of affairs that more typically describes emerging markets, and is at the center of many emerging-market crises. If the IMF’s staff could speak freely about the U.S., it would tell us what it tells all countries in this situation: recovery will fail unless we break the financial oligarchy that is blocking essential reform. And if we are to prevent a true depression, we’re running out of time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yY6WSDBt7M]Glenn Greenwald "The Finance Industry Has Captured Our Government" - YouTube[/ame]

Agreed.

So, DC. In light of the above, more government, or less?

You do know that Pelosi voted for the STOCK act.

Ya, well you see, about that STOCK act... (I looked it up and found this.)
Jon Stewart Tears Up Congress For Quietly Scaling Back Insider Trading Law: The ?F*cker Act? | Mediaite
There are two Jon Stewart videos in there if one can stand their government corruption with a laugh and some ice cream.

Pretty sure the american people, those who vote control the government. Last I checked, these "big banks" can't vote.

they can afford 3 lobbyists per congressman to *cough* "help" write bills. You?

You just don't "get it". It isn't who gets elected, its what bills get passed or repealed like Gramm–Leach–Bliley. Google that one :thup: .

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/03/opinion/03brooks.html?_r=0
In other words, Wall Street got huge. As it got huge, its prestige grew. Its compensation packages grew. Its political power grew as well. Wall Street and Washington merged as a flow of investment bankers went down to the White House and the Treasury Department.

The result was a string of legislation designed to further enhance the freedom and power of finance. Regulations separating commercial and investment banking were repealed. There were major increases in the amount of leverage allowed to investment banks.

So ordinary citizens ought to band together, form a corporation and lobby like the big guys, right?
Oh yeah, idiots like you oppose Citizens United.

Forum List

Back