Here is who REALLY owns the government:

I didn't vote for Obama, no conspiracy there, blame those who voted for him.

I'll bet you voted for Bush, so it's your fault.

I couldn't have voted for Bush, I wasn't of voting age when he was president. I am not even a big fan of him, but seriously, find a new scapegoat, it's been over 5 years. I've heard it said it is everyone's fault(Bankers, Zionists(code for Jews), Bush etc etc). It is everyone's fault except for the president and the congress.

Give me a break.

If Americans don't like the bills passed by Congress, they can vote them out, "big banks" couldn't stop a congressman from being removed. So no, you are wrong.

People get what they vote for, there is no conspiracy afoot.

the bills/laws they enacted will still be there even if the congressman is voted out.

You're naive as they come. Having a choice between one of these two parties is no choice at all. They both simply take turns at the trough :thup:

New Congressmen can repeal bills or write laws making previous legislation obsolete.

The thing here is, you just can't accept the fact no one buys your tinfoil hat brand of politics. Instead of just waking to the fact that you are out of the mainstream, you create this illusion that everyone agrees with you, but are kept down by some mystery men behind the curtain.

Correct. The American people have the power to stop all this every election, but they don't. Instead they live in ignorant bliss, forming their opinions from 30 second sound bytes in the media and allowing themselves to be distracted by wedge issues like abortion, racism, gay marriage, etc. instead of the stuff that actually matters. If folks across the political spectrum would unite on this and then hold their representatives' feet to the fire if they don't deliver, we very much could put a stop to this kind of stuff, but it isn't going to happen.

Everyone knows this stuff by now, half of us have outrage fatigue over this and the other half apparently welcome our masters and wish to be put on the protected list for all their shameful toadying. Ha! As if anyone would be safe from the money sucking blackhole of the banking cartel.
And GUESS whom is profiting handsomely? THOSE YOU DEFEND...like your LORD, Obama...

It is always strange when everyone can agree that this is a problem but they turn it into a partisan issue. Both sides are guilty. Maybe if people stopped arguing about which side was more guilty something could get done to fix the problem.

It is always strange when everyone can agree that this is a problem but they turn it into a partisan issue. Both sides are guilty. Maybe if people stopped arguing about which side was more guilty something could get done to fix the problem.
Like banding together and ridding ourselves of the POLITICIANS in it for themselves on BOTH SIDES...and putting in Temporary STATESMEN that really represent...

Maybe?

Your clairvoyant power is as deficient as your ability to perceive political reality. Just the statement "no one agrees with your political views" demonstrates an hallucinogenic naivete. You must be one of the very few human beings alive today who hasn't realized that the "Influence for Sale" sign has hung over the doors to power for a very long time.

Last edited:
Your clairvoyant power is as deficient as your ability to perceive political reality. Just the statement "no one agrees with your political views" demonstrates an hallucinogenic naivete. You must be one of the very few human beings alive today who hasn't realized that the "Influence for Sale" sign has hung over the doors to power for a very long time.

If people wanted to ban lobbyists, they would vote for politicians who would pass strict laws to that effect.

Sorry, you are a political outcast, an outsider; well that is the nice way to say it, you are a political loser, probably a loser in real life as well, as most of your conspiracy ilk are. You have to justify how far out of touch you are with the mainstream by suggesting their is a cabal of people conning the mainstream.

The fact is, people are getting what they vote for. If they don't want it, they have all the power to change it.

Right, and I don't think it's the people arguing, it could be the aspiring politicians who do not admit it. I know I would like to be the leader, and I'm honest enough to say it, even in my speeches, but most people are afraid to look stupid they claim that they are here to educate or for whatever reason

Like banding together and ridding ourselves of the POLITICIANS in it for themselves on BOTH SIDES...and putting in Temporary STATESMEN that really represent...

Maybe?
Question is, could you band with someone like me? I think for most people appearing smart is more important than using logic, and since I am already considered a moron in the community, you feel it's best not to associate with someone like me.

If you are advocating for uniting with someone who does not accept donations, then without a doubt I am the man - I talk about the importance of that in just about every one of my speeches - how can anyone who profits from politics in any way, be interested in ending political corruption? whether it's collecting donations or selling books or having a tv show.

The fact is, people are getting what they vote for. If they don't want it, they have all the power to change it.
There are people who can watch as a woman is being raped, and claim that she is just a whore and she is not being raped. That in my view is the case with most intelligent people in America who talk about how American voters are stupid.

I couldn't have voted for Bush, I wasn't of voting age when he was president. I am not even a big fan of him, but seriously, find a new scapegoat, it's been over 5 years. I've heard it said it is everyone's fault(Bankers, Zionists(code for Jews), Bush etc etc). It is everyone's fault except for the president and the congress.

Give me a break.

The fault lies with BushCo, Republicans, and wall street.

This is why I don't vote at the national- level anymore. It only encourages them.

The Quiet Coup - Simon Johnson - The Atlantic

(snip)
The crash has laid bare many unpleasant truths about the United States. One of the most alarming, says a former chief economist of the International Monetary Fund, is that the finance industry has effectively captured our government—a state of affairs that more typically describes emerging markets, and is at the center of many emerging-market crises. If the IMF’s staff could speak freely about the U.S., it would tell us what it tells all countries in this situation: recovery will fail unless we break the financial oligarchy that is blocking essential reform. And if we are to prevent a true depression, we’re running out of time.

tell me, whom did you vote for the last election?
obama &dimocraps. That's what I thought.

So stop shedding your crocodile tears.

If you voted for Bush or Obama it's your fault. There is little difference between how the two have conducted business.

Obama gave the banks a walk? Be careful, if you say yes I'll have to point out the tens of millions BofA, Wells Fargo, and Citibank have been fined in the last five years.

It is not a partisan issue. "Both sides" bear a more or less equal responsibility for the systemic faults. However one side is so stridently and blindly anti-regulation that they act as a barrier to progress. Regulation is one of the few avenues to progress. How else to combat the excessive influence of the few except to regulate it? It's the only way the people can enact their will.

Forum List

Back