Here We Go Again: BLM Wants To Seize Texas Rancher's 90,000 Acres He's Paid Taxes On

Why should changing a border disrupt an individual's property rights?

Why should changing a border disrupt an individual's property rights?

Considering this:

"BLM officials believe they have a responsibility to manage land they believe is federal which includes an estimated 90,000 acres along 116 miles of the Red River. If land is found to be public, BLM officials say they have three options: leave the land open, closed, or open with limitations." January 2014

Marking off Texas plots from south to north toward the Red River could be the new objective determinant, since 3,000 acres (south to north) is 3,000 acres irrespective of Accretion, Avulsion, or the ever-changing vegetation line; and since no private land-owners would be effected on the Oklahoma side by doing so, the states should agree to place a new Boundary Compact based on current private ownership of acreage before Congress.

Oh joy thread 100. I agree katz. Yes it is.

I've been wanting to be start a thread on the BLM's pay to play to pollute program. But it would be different than all the threads on the showdown at Bundy's because it deals strictly with a very serious government program in existence.

But frankly I don't want to put it up right yet in politics or it will just get lost in the shuffle.And to put it in environment wouldn't give it the attention that it deserves. The scope of the topic does involve mega politics on all levels.

I hate a quizzillion threads on the same topic!

Bi partisan rant here. :lol: I feel better now.

Last edited:
The BLM fiasco on which this thread was based is entirely distinct from the Bundy situation.

In this case, the feds are arguing that the natural changes to a portion of the Texas/ Oklahoma border defined by the Red River are such that "the boundary only moves one direction, never in the direction that favors the ranchers". It seems to me this acknowledgement and any land-grabbing effort based on it exemplify a major flaw of the current means for determining the border. The fact that the Government seems more interested in confiscating privately-owned acreage under the auspices of flawed determinants than it is in preserving the rights of private landowners by simply fixing the flaws ...is a clear indictment on the Government's underlying philosophy. If they can make an argument for land confiscation, no matter how obviously wrong it is to do so, they will.

When will Americans realize that we are under attack by our own government?

This is but one of many examples.

People have their income tax rebates impounded for taxes due 40 years from a deceased parent? Where the hell is the justice in this?

The list is endless. :evil:

The BLM fiasco on which this thread was based is entirely distinct from the Bundy situation.

In this case, the feds are arguing that the natural changes to a portion of the Texas/ Oklahoma border defined by the Red River are such that "the boundary only moves one direction, never in the direction that favors the ranchers". It seems to me this acknowledgement and any land-grabbing effort based on it exemplify a major flaw of the current means for determining the border. The fact that the Government seems more interested in confiscating privately-owned acreage under the auspices of flawed determinants than it is in preserving the rights of private landowners by simply fixing the flaws ...is a clear indictment on the Government's underlying philosophy. If they can make an argument for land confiscation, no matter how obviously wrong it is to do so, they will.

This is all about the U.N. Agenda 21 in both cases.

This is really what these fights are all about.

UN urges global move to meat and dairy-free diet | Environment | theguardian.com

A global shift towards a vegan diet is vital to save the world from hunger, fuel poverty and the worst impacts of climate change, a UN report said today.

As the global population surges towards a predicted 9.1 billion people by 2050, western tastes for diets rich in meat and dairy products are unsustainable, says the report from United Nations Environment Programme's (UNEP) international panel of sustainable resource management.

They just put the meat producers out of business, end the industry and the people will have no choice.

As I said, here we go again. The exception is that this rancher has the deed to the land and has paid taxes on it for decades.

RED RIVER RUMBLE? BLM Wants to Seize 90,000 Acres of Texas Ranchers? Land! | Americas Freedom Fighters

This is completely different from the Nevada case. Without a doubt, this land belongs to the rancher. Now that does not mean that the BLM cannot take the land away, but in my mind it does mean that the BLM would have to adequately compensate the rancher for the land at fair market value. I am hoping the courts would agree.

Three and a half minutes of clarification:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQJcQfrkcls]BLM Attempting to Seize 90,000 Acres of Texas Ranchers' Land! - YouTube[/ame]

Is anybody here familiar with the process involved when a person owes a debt to someone (regardless of who that someone is), and the person refuses to pay the debt or to make payment arrangments?

You understand that in the case of the Texas rancher there is no debt. The BLM is saying that the boundary is being changed, just cause they want to do it.

Forum List

Back