🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

“Agriculture, manufactures, commerce, and navigation, the four pillars of our prosperity, are the most thriving when left most free to individual enterprise.” – Thomas Jefferson (March 4, 1801)
Why you quote a slave owner as if he is credible is amusing to me.
Wow. They you for unequivocally proving your extraordinary ignorance once and for all.

See, being that you dropped out of high school, you don't realize that Thomas Jefferson vehemently opposed slavery. In fact, even before we declared independence in 1776, Jefferson was proposing legislation in the Virginia state legislature to free slaves in Virginia.

Keep talking stupid. Every time you post you make everyone realize just how worthless your uninformed, uneducated opinion is. By the way - go ahead and ask the obvious question. Please. Do it. I'd love to show everyone just how stupid you are for the 482nd time.
If he opposed slavery why did he have slaves?
Boom! There it is! There is the obvious question that makes you look even more uninformed.

The answer is - because it was against the law to free slaves back then (hence the reason that Jefferson kept introducing legislation). And unlike liberals of today, our founders were men of character who were law abiding citizens and followed the law even when they didn't agree with it. By the way - don't take my word for it. Do your own research. You'll see that it was against the law to free slaves.

Now, by the time George Washington had passed away (who also vehemently opposed slavery), it was legal to set them free upon your death (which is what George Washington did). And for the record, his slaves cried when he passed away. Why? Because he treated them so well and refused to allow anyone to hit them. He couldn't free them while he was alive, but he recognized it was wrong and he treated them with respect and dignity as did Thomas Jefferson.

Now, by the time Thomas Jefferson had passed away, the law had changed yet again. By that time, it was also permissible to free slaves upon your death but only if you have the money to pay for each one (I forget what the exact amount was) because society viewed these slaves as a "burden" when they were released and had no land, no money, no job, etc. Jefferson was over $50,000 in debt due to his charitable character and his love of country (he paid quite a bit out of pocket to help his city, state, and nation). So he simply didn't have the money to free any of his, unlike Washington who didn't have to pay at the time of his passing.

There are a few more obvious questions you can ask if you'd like to hit on those as well.
No dummy it was never against the law to free your personal slaves. What a retarded claim.

Did Virginia Law Prevent Thomas Jefferson From Freeing His Slaves?

"[T]hose persons who are disposed to emancipate their slaves may be empowered so to do, and the same hath been judged expedient under certain restrictions: Be it therefore enacted, That it shall hereafter be lawful for any person, by his or her last will and testament, or by any other instrument in writing, under his or her hand and seal, attested and proved in the county court by two witnesses, or acknowledged by the party in the court of the county where he or she resides to emancipate and set free, his or her slaves, or any of them, who shall thereupon be entirely and fully discharged from the performance of any contract entered into during servitude, and enjoy as full freedom as if they had been particularly named and freed by this act."

“Agriculture, manufactures, commerce, and navigation, the four pillars of our prosperity, are the most thriving when left most free to individual enterprise.” – Thomas Jefferson (March 4, 1801)
Wow. They you for unequivocally proving your extraordinary ignorance once and for all.

See, being that you dropped out of high school, you don't realize that Thomas Jefferson vehemently opposed slavery. In fact, even before we declared independence in 1776, Jefferson was proposing legislation in the Virginia state legislature to free slaves in Virginia.

Keep talking stupid. Every time you post you make everyone realize just how worthless your uninformed, uneducated opinion is. By the way - go ahead and ask the obvious question. Please. Do it. I'd love to show everyone just how stupid you are for the 482nd time.
Boom! There it is! There is the obvious question that makes you look even more uninformed.

The answer is - because it was against the law to free slaves back then (hence the reason that Jefferson kept introducing legislation). And unlike liberals of today, our founders were men of character who were law abiding citizens and followed the law even when they didn't agree with it. By the way - don't take my word for it. Do your own research. You'll see that it was against the law to free slaves.

Now, by the time George Washington had passed away (who also vehemently opposed slavery), it was legal to set them free upon your death (which is what George Washington did). And for the record, his slaves cried when he passed away. Why? Because he treated them so well and refused to allow anyone to hit them. He couldn't free them while he was alive, but he recognized it was wrong and he treated them with respect and dignity as did Thomas Jefferson.

Now, by the time Thomas Jefferson had passed away, the law had changed yet again. By that time, it was also permissible to free slaves upon your death but only if you have the money to pay for each one (I forget what the exact amount was) because society viewed these slaves as a "burden" when they were released and had no land, no money, no job, etc. Jefferson was over $50,000 in debt due to his charitable character and his love of country (he paid quite a bit out of pocket to help his city, state, and nation). So he simply didn't have the money to free any of his, unlike Washington who didn't have to pay at the time of his passing.

There are a few more obvious questions you can ask if you'd like to hit on those as well.
No dummy it was never against the law to free your personal slaves. What a retarded claim.

LMAO!!! Priceless. Absolutely priceless. He was too lazy to even take 4 minutes to research this.

Nobody speaks from a place of pure, uninformed ignorance like you do.

LMAO!!! Priceless. Absolutely priceless. He was too lazy to even take 4 minutes to research this.

I quoted the law. What confused you about that?

No....you went back and "quoted" after I laughed at you. And what source did you use? Radical left-wing HuffPo... :lmao:

Here are the facts junior - and even this is from a radical left-wing source attacking David Barton:

The loophole Barton refers to is the 1782 law on manumission which allowed owners to free slaves while the owner was alive and at death. As we have pointed out, Barton omitted from The Jefferson Lies the section which allowed owners to free slaves, but on the Martinez show, he says the rest of the law was a “loophole.” The Virginia legislature knew what was in the law, and they encountered many petitions from slave owners to revoke the law over the years it was in effect. However, the law was used by owners like George Washington at death and Robert Carter while alive to free their slaves. Even in 1806 when the law was tightened, emancipation was still possible. However, freed slaves were required to leave the state within a year after their freedom. With that restriction, some slaves preferred to remain near family rather than become emancipated.

David Barton Continues the Whitewash of Jefferson as Slave Owner on the Bill Martinez Show

Seriously junior.....how stupid do you look now?!?

:dance::dance::dance:

It's been proven over and over. Look at the rate of teen unemployment. In the 1960s it tracked very closely with the general rate. Today it is three times the general rate. That isnt by accident.

In the 60's, there were plenty of good manufacturing jobs that low skills workers could get. Those jobs are long gone. Now, the average age of minimum wage workers is 25. So yes, teenagers get picked last.

The increase in teenage unemployment isn't because of increases in the minimum wage, it's because of increased competition for the jobs.

No....you went back and "quoted" after I laughed at you. And what source did you use? Radical left-wing HuffPo... :lmao:

Here are the facts junior - and even this is from a radical left-wing source attacking David Barton:

The loophole Barton refers to is the 1782 law on manumission which allowed owners to free slaves while the owner was alive and at death. As we have pointed out, Barton omitted from The Jefferson Lies the section which allowed owners to free slaves, but on the Martinez show, he says the rest of the law was a “loophole.” The Virginia legislature knew what was in the law, and they encountered many petitions from slave owners to revoke the law over the years it was in effect. However, the law was used by owners like George Washington at death and Robert Carter while alive to free their slaves. Even in 1806 when the law was tightened, emancipation was still possible. However, freed slaves were required to leave the state within a year after their freedom. With that restriction, some slaves preferred to remain near family rather than become emancipated.

David Barton Continues the Whitewash of Jefferson as Slave Owner on the Bill Martinez Show

The law has been quoted. Putting icons in your post doesnt change what it says. :laugh:

"[T]hose persons who are disposed to emancipate their slaves may be empowered so to do, and the same hath been judged expedient under certain restrictions: Be it therefore enacted, That it shall hereafter be lawful for any person, by his or her last will and testament, or by any other instrument in writing, under his or her hand and seal, attested and proved in the county court by two witnesses, or acknowledged by the party in the court of the county where he or she resides to emancipate and set free, his or her slaves, or any of them, who shall thereupon be entirely and fully discharged from the performance of any contract entered into during servitude, and enjoy as full freedom as if they had been particularly named and freed by this act."

And yet if you read my previous post which includes this quote and the left-wing source for it, you can clearly see that it was illegal to free your slaves:

"The loophole Barton refers to is the 1782 law on manumission which allowed owners to free slaves while the owner was alive and at death"

Wait....what?!? "Allowed"? Why would the 1782 allow someone to free slaves upon the owners death if it was (and I quote you) "never against the law to free your personal slaves"? How does it feel to be my personal prison bitch all the time on USMB? :lol:

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

You look really dumb posting something that disproves your argument. :laugh:

"However, freed slaves were required to leave the state within a year after their freedom. With that restriction, some slaves preferred to remain near family rather than become emancipated."

It is truly remarkable how asclepias spends all day popping off at the mouth about every subject without having the slightest clue about it and being too lazy to even do a 4 minute Google search before responding.

So far he's been shown the ultimate buffoon on American history, the U.S. Constitution, government, economics, and finance... :lmao:

"However, freed slaves were required to leave the state within a year after their freedom. With that restriction, some slaves preferred to remain near family rather than become emancipated."

Wait a second Ass-clepias....you claimed (and again I quote) "it was never illegal to free your personal slaves". Feeling a little stupid now, are we???

:dance:

Wait a second Ass-clepias....you claimed (and again I quote) "it was never illegal to free your personal slaves". Feeling a little stupid now, are we???

Thats correct. You do look a lot stupid now. It was never illegal to free your personal slaves. Therefore you got busted lying. I posted the law that pertains to Jefferson. I made you look silly.
laugh.gif

It is truly remarkable how asclepias spends all day popping off at the mouth about every subject without having the slightest clue about it and being too lazy to even do a 4 minute Google search before responding.

So far he's been shown the ultimate buffoon on American history, the U.S. Constitution, government, economics, and finance... :lmao:
Says the guy that posted a link that disproves his own claim.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Here is my link again (with both the quote and the link). I noticed you left them out because it showed everyone how stupid you are...

Thats correct.

Hahahaha! The first honest thing you've said. Here it is again for everyone to laugh at you. For anyone just joining, stupid here claimed "it was NEVER illegal to free your own personal slaves" (when in fact it was)

laugh.gif
Here is my link again (with both the quote and the link). I noticed you left them out because it showed everyone how stupid you are...

Yes your link points out you either cant read or you have poor reading comprehension. It plainly says that slaves could be freed.

laugh.gif

Yes your link points out you either cant read or you have poor reading comprehension. It plainly says that slaves could be freed.
Oh we've already established on dozens of occasions your extreme reading comprehension issue. Do you realize there are near limitless resources to help adults with that Asc? Why don't you put some of them to good use?

laugh.gif

Oh we've already established on dozens of occasions your extreme reading comprehension issue. Do you realize there are near limitless resources to help adults with that Asc? Why don't you put some of them to good use?

Obviously you didnt read your post. Here. I highlighted the pertinent part of it for you. You are funny but youre also dumb for posting something that contradicts your claim.

"Even in 1806 when the law was tightened, emancipation was still possible.
However, freed slaves were required to leave the state within a year after their freedom."

In the 60's, there were plenty of good manufacturing jobs that low skills workers could get. Those jobs are long gone. Now, the average age of minimum wage workers is 25. So yes, teenagers get picked last.

The increase in teenage unemployment isn't because of increases in the minimum wage, it's because of increased competition for the jobs.

Not only you, but virtually all the Progressives refuse to acknowledge the FACTS surrounding the Minimum Wage.

For instance, PLEASE share with us all the percentage of households that has one wage earner, earning minimum wage.

Forum List

Back