🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey...let's ban violent movies...that makes as much sense as banning guns...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep...this would be easy....right? Since hollywood is eager to do anything to limit gun violence and mass shootings...they should fall right in line with simply banning all violence in movies, and television......right? No more guns in movies......we could allow them to make Romantic Comedies, maybe some dramas...but no more violence.....we know that images are powerful for mass shooters......and that criminals mimick what they see in popular entertainment.....so while we are at it....let's ban rap music too...

Video Game Violence & Mass Shootings: Why is Nobody Discussing It? | National Review

Most of us probably inhabit a kind of bubble when it comes to violence on screen. We choose to watch the sorts of films we think we’ll like and, unless we are film critics, get to avoid the sorts of films we think will bore or repel us. Until we become parents, most of us probably pay no particular attention to the drip-feed of blood and gore that now forms the basis of almost all popular entertainment.

----

But equally obvious is that a culture that encourages enjoyment of horrific violence alongside a sort of flippant approach to its consequences cannot be helping matters.

Hey, they got rid of almost all the smoking in movies, didn't they?

I don't even bother checking out a movie if it's got a gun on the cover, it eliminates a lot of dumb movies easily.

That reminds me, Death Wish opens this week.
Should ne a great movie

Indeed, we have shoot 'em up movies. We have shoot 'em up video games. we have shoot 'em up cops in the news. We have shoot 'em wars.

It is no secret where kids get their values.

Indeed, we have shoot 'em up movies. We have shoot 'em up video games. we have shoot 'em up cops in the news. We have shoot 'em wars.

Only good injun is a dead injun..

Do you have that stuff in the Muslim community as well? Otherwise, where does THEIR violence come from?

Yep...this would be easy....right? Since hollywood is eager to do anything to limit gun violence and mass shootings...they should fall right in line with simply banning all violence in movies, and television......right? No more guns in movies......we could allow them to make Romantic Comedies, maybe some dramas...but no more violence.....we know that images are powerful for mass shooters......and that criminals mimick what they see in popular entertainment.....so while we are at it....let's ban rap music too...

Video Game Violence & Mass Shootings: Why is Nobody Discussing It? | National Review

Most of us probably inhabit a kind of bubble when it comes to violence on screen. We choose to watch the sorts of films we think we’ll like and, unless we are film critics, get to avoid the sorts of films we think will bore or repel us. Until we become parents, most of us probably pay no particular attention to the drip-feed of blood and gore that now forms the basis of almost all popular entertainment.

----

But equally obvious is that a culture that encourages enjoyment of horrific violence alongside a sort of flippant approach to its consequences cannot be helping matters.
We are looking at it all wrong.... As long as we are in this world there will be violence, but the glorifying of those that commit violent acts through evil intent or the promoting of the acts of violence therefore to then win out over the good guy's has become a serious new ideological trend or exploration sought out amongst Hollyweird screenwriters, producers, film makers, game makers etc these days.

Draining the swamp in Hollyweird is the first step back towards the light in my opinion.

Leaving these things or people to their own devices has proven to be a disaster for this nation. The proof is screaming right in America's faces everyday, but for some reason the gate keepers have become so strong that it's almost impossible to knock them down in order to rebuild the contents into something good again.

Maybe it's them awaiting the nation to demand change in which they would be happy to oblige, but the gate keepers are blocking the way.

Should ne a great movie
And maybe Dirty Harry. But since then, all gun movie are stupid.
Only in your Opinion.
It's not like the plot is worth watching so they introduce violence...
Actually the plot is quitet
Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Name something since those 2 movies that isn't dumb.
Would you care to rephrase that, so the statement could be understood

Do you have that stuff in the Muslim community as well? Otherwise, where does THEIR violence come from?
These folks have the fantasy that somehow humans are benevolent and peaceful creatures..

Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Would you care to rephrase that, so the statement could be undersstood
I will request the same from you..

Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Name a gun movie since Bronson and Eastwood that isn't dumb?

Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.

Name a Bronson or Eastwood movie that wasn't dumb.

Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Would you care to rephrase that, so the statement could be undersstood
I will request the same from you..

Intresting "Actually the plot is quitet"
Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
Should ne a great movie
Only in your Opinion.
American Outlaws, Die Hard
to name just two,

Review: 'Death Wish' remake a sloppy mess of gunplay, satire, jingoism

efc_reel6abgrd018017410rrgb.jpg

In 1974's "Death Wish," Charles Bronson's first taste of death-dealing is that of acid and bile. After he guns down a mugger, he goes home and immediately throws up.

In the new remake, the protagonist is played by Bruce Willis. On his inaugural vigilante excursion, he fills a couple of nasty carjackers with lead, murdering one defenseless thug with a merciless headshot. It must taste like gummi bears, because his spirits are lifted. The film being set in the modern day, of course a bystander filmed it, and a viral internet video of the incident allows him a third-person perspective, and he's thrilled, not horrified, to see it. There's a new skip in his step, the first happiness he's felt since his wife was murdered and his teenage daughter rendered comatose by burglars. His therapist notices the change in demeanor: "Keep doing what you're doing," is her advice.
<more>

Only in your Opinion.
Only in your Opinion.

Name a Bronson or Eastwood movie that wasn't dumb.
Dirty Harry and Death Wish. C'MON BRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back