Hey michigan - Don't cut my public worker pension until ALL welfare is eliminated

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
My pension is money that by law is OWED to me. Welfare is just a GIFT we give to lazy deadbeats . No way any institution can give money away while stiffing its creditors!!!

Agreed. Despite what the radical right wingers would say, you earned that retirement. It was promised to you, and you held up your end of the bargain.

Now, I understand if the govt just goes bankrupt then you wont get it. But so long as they are building unwanted and unused parks and other pet projects, and paying for NFL football stadiums, then they aren't broke.

What's the difference between the two?

Would you say that a military man who spent 20 years in, retired, and is owed his retirement pension from the government is no different than someone getting welfare?

Your attitude is why the Republican Party will be obsolete and irrelevant in 10 years.

Would you say that a military man who spent 20 years in, retired, and is owed his retirement pension from the government is no different than someone getting welfare?
Both are a drain on Government and should be cut or eliminated.

You can't expect Politicians of Today to keep the Promises made by Politicians of the Past.

You can't expect Politicians of Today to keep the Promises made by Politicians of the Past.

So you say our sailors, soldiers, airmen, Marines, cops and firemen should work 20-25 years, for modest pay at best, risking their lives in shitty work conditions a lot of times.......and then at age 55 just be cut loose with no retirement to fall back on? You say they should start their own retirement with a 401(K)? With what? The 15,000 a year an Army private makes?

(I told you military folks. Just give it time. The radical right wing WILL turn on you guys)

Nobody said that. The OP is not retired military, he is a retired public employee, basically a career parasite.

The poster you responded to is a useless troll.

The military is the same as a public employee raiding the taxpayers' coffers by voting in corrupt city councilman to give them benefits and perks they can't afford to pay when the bill comes? Because that's what they did in Detroit.

Your attitude is why the Republican Party will be obsolete and irrelevant in 10 years.

I'm not a Republican so I fail to see how my attitude has anything to do with their alleged obsolescence or irrelevancy in ten years. Not everyone is a willing slave to the political duopoly sheeple like you keep propping up :9:

Nobody said that. The OP is not retired military, he is a retired public employee, basically a career parasite.

Um.....military members are public employees. You know that, right? You do know the military is a government establishment, right?

Wow. Cant believe I still have to point that out. But, your response is on par with the "Get the government's hands off my medicare" sign.

The military is the same as a public employee raiding the taxpayers' coffers by voting in corrupt city councilman to give them benefits and perks they can't afford to pay when the bill comes? Because that's what they did in Detroit.

I'm not a Republican so I fail to see how my attitude has anything to do with their alleged obsolescence or irrelevancy in ten years. Not everyone is a willing slave to the political duopoly sheeple like you keep propping up :9:

Yep. Sure is. When Clinton slashed military funds, many in the military voted GOP in 2000. They dont vote for the folks who will cut military spending. They, too, vote for their own self interest. I bet a lot of miilitary members voted against Obama, because they knew Obama would cut miitary spending.

See how that works? So yeah, its the same.

So you say our sailors, soldiers, airmen, Marines, cops and firemen should work 20-25 years, for modest pay at best, risking their lives in shitty work conditions a lot of times.......and then at age 55 just be cut loose with no retirement to fall back on? You say they should start their own retirement with a 401(K)? With what? The 15,000 a year an Army private makes?

(I told you military folks. Just give it time. The radical right wing WILL turn on you guys)
I'm not a Left OR Right winger, I'm a "Banker-Winger" because I know that they are the ones running the Government.

The Bankers are gonna' take everything and the average American won't do a thing about it. They're more interested in Sports and what gets stuck up Jodie Arias' ass.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Yep. Sure is. When Clinton slashed military funds, many in the military voted GOP in 2000. They dont vote for the folks who will cut military spending. They, too, vote for their own self interest. I bet a lot of miilitary members voted against Obama, because they knew Obama would cut miitary spending.

The military don't have the right to collectively bargain.

The military are also dispersed all throughout the country. They aren't concentrated in one centralized city council district or urban area where they would have a larger influence and affect on an election outcome like city union lackeys are.

See how that works? So no, it's not the same. Better luck next time.

Last edited:

How have those getting welfare served their country?

I already have 1 private pension and 1 from a state. When I retire I will have 1 more from a public employer and SS. I paid into all of it. I'm damned sure I'm going to draw as much as is physically possible from all 4 of them.

The military don't have the right to collectively bargain.

The military are also dispersed all throughout the country. They aren't concentrated in one centralized city council district or urban area where they would have a larger influence and affect on an election outcome like city union lackeys are.

See how that works? So no, it's not the same. Better luck next time.

Most cops and firemen dont either, as most PD's and FD's are not unionized.

Yes, it IS THE SAME. They are all government employees. They all get paid by our tax dollars. They all vote according to their own interests. Its the same, you right wingers are just too confused about it. Like a dog who tilts his head when confused, you right wingers get confused when you are told the military is in fact made up of government employees, living off tax dollars, getting sweet 20 year retirements with pay/benefits for life starting as early as age 38. Imagine that. Work from 18-38 as a cook in the Navy. Then retire, and live the next 50 years off the taxpayer. Show me ONE non-military government job that offers such a sweet deal? There are none.

So, yeah, its the same. You RW'ers are just too brainwashed to have that discussion.

Agreed. Despite what the radical right wingers would say, you earned that retirement. It was promised to you, and you held up your end of the bargain.

Now, I understand if the govt just goes bankrupt then you wont get it. But so long as they are building unwanted and unused parks and other pet projects, and paying for NFL football stadiums, then they aren't broke.

You and your right winger bs, :lol:you realize no one, I mean no one who was aware or around ever bought your "right wing" self identification, pre election bs, right?
:rolleyes:

Now, down to cases in this thread, what right-wing radicals said what about his retirement?

And last I checked Bing is a go for the new red wings stadium, even though some of the funds are being taken from a development agency project that collected monies to retire education dept..

Nope, I checked and you are actually the second person I have given neg rep to. The other person was trying to max out on neg rep so you win the first neg rep that was actually negative rep. I have posted 3632, 3633, time and read countless others. I expect that you were just trying to be funny and I missed. Oh, well, gave me a chance to post my 3,633rd post and give my very first neg neg rep.

look, its simple. there are several states, take Rhode island that has suspended cost of living increases and are looking to lower pension pay outs overall and new employees ( yes they are still hiring) in the public sector are getting much lowered benefits packages etc. all in an attempt to forgo massive pension reductions etc...whether it will be successful is doubtful.

The obligations, in light of even the here to fore healthy economies of these states, would not matter as the numbers are huge.

Every week, every month they wait, the holes just gets bigger, as the states cannot even pay into the the pension funds now ( already short money) what they need to, to insure the employees they have on the books for retirement 5, 10 years out, as they are paying out more than the funds can sustain even by fancy arbitraging their bonds/money market funds and of course their inflated prophesied rates of return that was supposed to take care of this etc.......the ride is OVER......

Ahh, Democrats bitching about Democrat controlled States screwing them over in favor of entitlement programs for poorer Democrats who don't want to work. It's absolutely priceless.

Forum List

Back