Hey Remember that lady being "harassed" video? They edited out the White Guys!

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Hollaback Video Calls Out Catcallers But Cuts Out White Men Code Switch NPR

The video was created by an anti-harassment organization Hollaback! and Rob Bliss Creative, an ad agency. Rosin says that Bliss apologized on reddit — in a post that's now deleted — for editing out white men. Bliss wrote "We got a fair amount of white guys, but for whatever reason, a lot of what they said was in passing, or off camera." That's why Bliss said he had to edit them out. (Serious question: Weren't most of the street harassers in the video interacting "in passing"?)

snip

On its website, Hollaback! issued this statement about Bliss' New York video:

"We regret the unintended racial bias in the editing of the video that over represents men of color. Although we appreciate Rob's support, we are committed to showing the complete picture. It is our hope and intention that this video will be the start of a series to demonstrate that the type of harassment we're concerned about is directed toward women of all races and ethnicities and conducted by an equally diverse population of men."

Funny isnt it? I mean they just "happened" to edit out the white guys and are totally confused by how that happened. Weird?

Reminds me of this video: Watch This Young Black Man Give A Near Perfect Response To A White Male Who s Ignorant About The Systematic Oppression of Black People - Atlanta Blackstar

No one is saying they are racist per se but when you're bombarded by images of blacks only doing stuff then you are a product of your environment

Hollaback Video Calls Out Catcallers But Cuts Out White Men Code Switch NPR

The video was created by an anti-harassment organization Hollaback! and Rob Bliss Creative, an ad agency. Rosin says that Bliss apologized on reddit — in a post that's now deleted — for editing out white men. Bliss wrote "We got a fair amount of white guys, but for whatever reason, a lot of what they said was in passing, or off camera." That's why Bliss said he had to edit them out. (Serious question: Weren't most of the street harassers in the video interacting "in passing"?)

snip

On its website, Hollaback! issued this statement about Bliss' New York video:

"We regret the unintended racial bias in the editing of the video that over represents men of color. Although we appreciate Rob's support, we are committed to showing the complete picture. It is our hope and intention that this video will be the start of a series to demonstrate that the type of harassment we're concerned about is directed toward women of all races and ethnicities and conducted by an equally diverse population of men."

Funny isnt it? I mean they just "happened" to edit out the white guys and are totally confused by how that happened. Weird?

Reminds me of this video: Watch This Young Black Man Give A Near Perfect Response To A White Male Who s Ignorant About The Systematic Oppression of Black People - Atlanta Blackstar

No one is saying they are racist per se but when you're bombarded by images of blacks only doing stuff then you are a product of your environment

Ate you really surprised???

Nope and some asshole (cant remember his name) went right for the "black guys" narrative just like the video led them to believe

And in the spirit of the thread...
The SPLC has a monthly magazine chock full of more hate than a Nazi would need for lifetime. Queers are that way you know -closet Nazis and full of hate. Anyway they devoted an issue back in the late 90's to "The White Neo-Nazi Gangs of Los Angeles." Want to give an over-worked cop a good laugh? Call the LA County Sheriff's Department information desk and ask whoever is on duty, how many "white gangs" there are in LA.

Yeah, sure they did.

They did:

First, we regret the unintended racial bias in the editing of the video that over represents men of color. Although we appreciate Rob’s support, we are committed to showing the complete picture. It is our hope and intention that this video will be the start of a series to demonstrate that the type of harassment we’re concerned about is directed toward women of all races and ethnicities and conducted by an equally diverse population of men. - See more at: Statement about recent street harassment PSA Hollaback You have the power to end street harassment

But it was completely by accident tho. The editing machine accidentally edited out white guys and focused heavily on blacks. By accident...not intentionally.

Yeah, sure. The disproportionate lack of White catcallers was all down to an "accident". I didn't know editing machines were capable of racially discrimination, even by 'mistake'.

Yeah, sure. The disproportionate lack of White catcallers was all down to an "accident". I didn't know editing machines were capable of racially discrimination, even by 'mistake'.
They aren't. Is your sarcasm meter broken?

Seems like someone doesnt understand sarcasm. I am so sorry <-----thats sarcasm

image.jpg

Forum List

Back