Higher gas prices

Gotta watch yourself everywhere these days, it seems. There are two Walmart Wallyworlds here. Prices aren't bad, though certainly not saving that kind of money. If saving you that much, there is somebody there local they are trying to put out of business and probably will. The Wallyworld near me has a clientele some where between normal people, the carnival going class, and the thug class liberally in attendance. I don't go there unless armed even in the daytime. I wouldn't be caught dead in Walmart, with a full magazine. There is one about 45 mile away, closer to Memphis where the store manager himself got shot dead in his own front parking lot, but that is probably a Memphis thing. The closer you get to Memphis, the worse it is.
They don't call Memphis, "Mogadishu on the Mississippi" for nothing. ;)

Telling that the Fox report does not say why the prices are high. Here are the reasons and they have nothing to do with Biden:
  • Jim Garrity with AAA East Central says the cold weather could have damaged oil refineries.
  • “That frigid cold did cause gas prices to spike, with refineries in Texas and the Gulf Coast shutting down,” Garrity says.
  • Holiday travel was also a factor with supply and demand.

Telling that your dumbass tries to use a link from January to explain gas prices going up in August. Wasn't it a fucking clue that it talked about cold weather damaging refineries when you fucking lefties just got done telling us it was the hottest July on record globally? Fucking dumbass liberals. Read your fucking links before you post them or else they can be used against your dumb ass to prove how stupid you are.

So why are gas prices rising in August, dumbass?

Telling that your dumbass tries to use a link from January to explain gas prices going up in August. Wasn't it a fucking clue that it talked about cold weather damaging refineries when you fucking lefties just got done telling us it was the hottest July on record globally? Fucking dumbass liberals. Read your fucking links before you post them or else they can be used against your dumb ass to prove how stupid you are.

So why are gas prices rising in August, dumbass?
Obviously it is all Biden's fault:
  1. July was one of the hottest months on record for many parts of the nation, including Arizona, Texas and New Mexico. Phoenix, for example, had a recordbreaking 31 straight days of 110 degrees during the day. Such high temperatures meant oil refineries had to reduce their output, as many of them can only operate at temperatures between 32 and 95 degrees, according to CBS News senior transportation correspondent Kris Van Cleave. The reduced output sent gas prices higher, he said. "Last month's extreme heat played a role in the recent spike in gas prices due to some refineries pulling back," Andrew Gross, AAA spokesperson, said in a recent analysis, adding that refineries are now starting to get back to their normal operations.
  2. Crude oil prices have recently hovered around $80 per barrel, up from around $70 a barrel a month ago. When global oil prices climb, gas prices typically follow suit. Oil prices are climbing in part because Russia, the world's third-biggest oil producer, decided last month to cut production starting in August. Analysts at investment bank UBS expect crude prices to increase $85 to $90 in coming months amid rising oil demand.
  3. Saudi Arabia, the second-largest oil producer, also cut its oil exports last month. It slashed production by 1 million barrels per day hoping to keep oil prices elevated. The kingdom said this week it would extend its reduced production until the end of September.

Bidenomics is why nobody is buying things.
But we are buying things. It helped spur inflation. If we don't stop then the prices go up. Or do you think companies keep prices artificially low? Or do you want the government to regulate industry? So it's your fault inflation continues. Even though it actually isn't. Biden is fixing it. Prices are lowering. At least in my area.

I need to have empathy for people in red states. Perhaps they aren't seeing the jobs. Perhaps companies in red states continue to gouge them. I wouldn't know. I'm in a blue state. The economy is good and inflation is lowering.

You worship CEO's. What are they saying?

Consumer resilience has helped keep the economy strong through the Federal Reserve’s interest rate hiking cycle. But is that strength holding, or is it faltering?

It depends where you look.

Plus, consumer spending, which makes up about two-thirds of US economic output, grew by just 1.6% in the second quarter, down sharply from 4.2% in the first three months of the year.

This is because of the Fed's interest rates. Know what else is slowing? Wage growth. And hiring. This is what happens when you fix inflation.
Look here. Americans can't seem to get themselves to "BUY AMERICAN"

Airlines: Consumers are continuing to funnel cash into travel, favoring international trips.

But we are buying things. It helped spur inflation. If we don't stop then the prices go up. Or do you think companies keep prices artificially low? Or do you want the government to regulate industry? So it's your fault inflation continues. Even though it actually isn't. Biden is fixing it. Prices are lowering. At least in my area.

I need to have empathy for people in red states. Perhaps they aren't seeing the jobs. Perhaps companies in red states continue to gouge them. I wouldn't know. I'm in a blue state. The economy is good and inflation is lowering.

You worship CEO's. What are they saying?

Consumer resilience has helped keep the economy strong through the Federal Reserve’s interest rate hiking cycle. But is that strength holding, or is it faltering?

It depends where you look.

Plus, consumer spending, which makes up about two-thirds of US economic output, grew by just 1.6% in the second quarter, down sharply from 4.2% in the first three months of the year.

This is because of the Fed's interest rates. Know what else is slowing? Wage growth. And hiring. This is what happens when you fix inflation.
Look here. Americans can't seem to get themselves to "BUY AMERICAN"

Airlines: Consumers are continuing to funnel cash into travel, favoring international trips.
Printing up unbudgeted trillions out of the blue and dumping it into the economy as well as causing energy costs to skyrocket is what created inflation.

Manufacturing is imploding.

Printing up unbudgeted trillions out of the blue and dumping it into the economy as well as causing energy costs to skyrocket is what created inflation.

Manufacturing is imploding.

Wow!

The ISM's manufacturing PMI fell to 46.3 last month, the lowest level since May 2020, from 47.7 in February. Outside the COVID-19 pandemic, it was the weakest reading since mid-2009.

I guess it could be worse. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast the index would dip to 47.5.

Wow!

The ISM's manufacturing PMI fell to 46.3 last month, the lowest level since May 2020, from 47.7 in February. Outside the COVID-19 pandemic, it was the weakest reading since mid-2009.

I guess it could be worse. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast the index would dip to 47.5.
You must be proud that Brandon has manufacturing down to the peak pandemic level.

Just remember gas first went sky high on Bush's watch and you guys still supported/defended him every step of the way including defending McCain. So if high gas didn't get you to vote for Obama, why should high gas get me to vote for Trump?

the United States continued to export more petroleum (which includes crude oil, refined petroleum products, and other liquids) than it imported in 2021.
the prices jumped for a while because of disruption in the gulf because of Katrina ... so try that crap somewhere else ... you need to remember that unlike dems republicans have a longer more accurate memory than an earthworm ..

Yes you guys have said this every time. Carter was the worst. It was hard to argue because he wasn't a politician. Like Trump. And the establishment went against him. But you didn't support Carter like you do Trump.

But I remember when Clinton was president you said he was now suddenly the worse. And look how wrong you turned out to be about that.

Then Bush turned out to be the worse and you guys said he wasn't. You only started admitting it when Trump took over. Because he took on Jeb in the primaries. Your loyalty went from Bush to Trump. Do you guys admit Bush lied us into Iraq and stole the 2000 election? Trump at least admits the Iraq thing. And I know he knows 2000 was stolen because he tried to use all the tactics Republicans used back then to steal 2020. He even got help from Roger Stone. The guy who started the riot in 2000 to get the recount stopped. Google Brooks Brother Riots if you don't recall.
careful accusing someone of stealing an election is now prosecutable .... oh thats right you're a dem ... so carry on ...you have nothing to worry about !

Forum List

Back