🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hijab Mysongony?

I mean really, some guy said women should wear a scarf on their heads for 'modesty.' Hijabs are REQUIRED by law in Saudi Arabia. Why do we have a congresswoman wearing one of these obvious male-created yokes on their heads? It represents female suppression and female sexual mutilation.

If it is the person's choice to wear a hijab, it's fine. If a person is forced to wear a hijab, it's not fine.

There is a certain portion of men in this world who are stupid and who, when it comes to an issue involving women, don't seem to understand the concept of choice. She decides A or she chooses B.

Men get women caught up in too much worthless crap.When I was a kid, I had to pin a tissue on my head just to enter the church. God can't see the top of my head, eh? When my Holy Mother dragged me to Rome when I was a teenager, a nun stopped me from entering St. Peter's because I was wearing a sleeveless blouse, which was bought and packed by my mother. Again with the tissues.This shit was thought up by men, but the inconvenience was dumped on women.

A Muslim woman may wear a hijab as a sign of faith, and a Jewish man may wear a yarmulke for the same reason. And it's not all about headgear. You may have a cross or Star of David dangling around your neck, if you wish.

The operative word here is "choice."
Conservative men get women caught up in too much worthless crap.

Do you going to outlaw makeup as well?

If it represents a clear violation of our Constitution and/or Separation clause then I would ban it in Congress. But, of course, your example is ludicrous in the first place.

I mean really, some guy said women should wear a scarf on their heads for 'modesty.' Hijabs are REQUIRED by law in Saudi Arabia. Why do we have a congresswoman wearing one of these obvious male-created yokes on their heads? It represents female suppression and female sexual mutilation.

Women are chosing to wear a hijab as a representation of their religion. They wear the hijab to show that they are women of faith. They feel that North American women are required to put themselves on display, and they choose not to do so.

How is this any different than Catholic nuns wearing a wimple, and Jewish men a yamaka. The husbands of women who wear Hijabs, also wear a round white skull cap, and the husbands of those who wear the full length dress and hijabs, also wear a white knee length tunic and white loose fitting pants under it. It's not just the women who have dress rules.

Liberal men urge women to commit infanticide because they are not men enough to be responsible for where they put their penises.

What's your explanation of the more than 100,000 abortions that the evangelical Christian women get. Evangelicals make up 13% of the women who get abortions each and every year. Evangelicals are all opposed to abortion until their daughter gets pregnant, or their mistress. Then they can't get rid of it fast enough.

Why is this any of your business? Hint: it isn’t.

I see a conflict here between House rules and religious freedom, which is so often talked about these days.

Islam includes a theocracy. The Hijab represents that and has no place in Congress, personal decision or not.
You’re just another frightened, ignorant, hateful rightwing bigot with an unwarranted hostility toward Islam.

How tedious.

Why is this any of your business? Hint: it isn’t.

Liberal men urge women to commit infanticide because they are not men enough to be responsible for where they put their penises.

What's your explanation of the more than 100,000 abortions that the evangelical Christian women get. Evangelicals make up 13% of the women who get abortions each and every year. Evangelicals are all opposed to abortion until their daughter gets pregnant, or their mistress. Then they can't get rid of it fast enough.

So fucking what? That has nothing to do with what I posted.

I see a conflict here between House rules and religious freedom, which is so often talked about these days.

Islam includes a theocracy. The Hijab represents that and has no place in Congress, personal decision or not.
You’re just another frightened, ignorant, hateful rightwing bigot with an unwarranted hostility toward Islam.

How tedious.

And Muslims have unwarranted hostility toward Jews and believe in a theocracy. No hatred just stating truth.

Ahhh... so much ignorance.

Let's start with the obvious. Women don't wear "Hijabs" in Saudi Arabia, they wear Abayas, a body covering that covers everything but the face.

Female Genital Mutilation is not a practice in Islam. It is a regional practice in North Africa, and is practiced by Christians as well as Muslims in the region. The practice goes back to antiquity, as we have mummies of women who had this done to them.

The head scarf is not unique to Islam, either. Amish women are required to wear them.

24452F5600000578-2887739-image-m-88_1419614047573.jpg

As are Eastern European women who wear Babuskas...

Do they believe in a theocracy? If not, who gives a shit?

Before I was old enough to go to school, my mom and I turned a corner and there were two nuns walking toward us.....I thought they were witches, and yelled at them to stay away from us. My mom was all apologetic but I wasn't....I tried to kick one on the way by and got yanked back into line...then she laughed and told me she was still scared of them too. :lol:

You’re also an authoritarian rightist hostile to freedom of expression.

And you couldn’t care less about Muslim women being oppressed; you’re attempting – and failing – to conceal your bigotry and hate behind a façade of ‘concern.’

Men should be stuck in bags. Out of a sense of modesty. Muslim men. Not any other men. Lets see how that plays out.

Why is it any of your business?

It also represents a belief in theocracy.

Bullshit! There are many Muslim countries that are not theocracies. Stop talking out of your ass.

Do you going to outlaw makeup as well?

If it represents a clear violation of our Constitution and/or Separation clause then I would ban it in Congress. But, of course, your example is ludicrous in the first place.

Freedom of religion (which is contained in the 1st Amendment) conflicts with what part of the Constitution? Are you like a libtard that has never read it?

How tedious.

And Muslims have unwarranted hostility toward Jews and believe in a theocracy. No hatred just stating truth.

Wrong.

Because it’s of The Devil.
Why are your panties in a twist over this?? .... :dunno:

Islam Demands that Church and State be inseparable.

That is undeniable.

How tedious.

Wrong.

Forum List

Back