🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hillary and Margaret Sanger

she founded that abortion mill known as Planned Parenthood. that's what she had to do with abortion

Abortion was illegal in Sanger's day. She saw birth control as a means of preventing illegal and dangerous abortion as it was in her day.

Come on, she wanted to limit the reproduction of people she considered inferior. She was an elitist and a racist, not much above a Nazi.

So you still insist that poor people having large families is a good thing?

never said that, your spin attempt fails.

Carbo makes a lot of stupid conclusions based on his low comprehension skills. I laugh so hard at some of his conclusions because they are so off base. He is either a troll or a special needs person.

Do you believe that poor people having large families is a good thing?

So Redfish supports Trump because Trump is going to outlaw the use of contraception by black Americans?

Fascinating.

where do you get this shit? I never said or implied any such thing. You are an asshole and a fricken liar.

You oppose Sanger's work to increase access to birth control, therefore you must support the opposite,

which would be denying access to birth control.

Oh Hillary is just another woman the Right wing wants to villify.

Margaret Sanger's advocacy for women's rights- and the right to contraception and the right wings attempt to villify her are no coincidence
That worked in the last election it won't in this one. You're wasting your time.

I am fairly certain that Margaret Sanger is not running for office.

Oh wait- a right wing nut job was trying to slander Clinton by saying that she approved of Sanger- a pioneering champion for women's rights- and implying that African Americans shouldn't support Clinton because she approved of Sanger- just as Martin Luther King did.

I am not the one starting thread about Clinton. That would be another right wing nut job.

Sanger the advocate for sterilization of the poor, the weak, the sick, the blacks. Great champion for women.

Forced sterilization?

Abortion was illegal in Sanger's day. She saw birth control as a means of preventing illegal and dangerous abortion as it was in her day.

Come on, she wanted to limit the reproduction of people she considered inferior. She was an elitist and a racist, not much above a Nazi.

Carbo makes a lot of stupid conclusions based on his low comprehension skills. I laugh so hard at some of his conclusions because they are so off base. He is either a troll or a special needs person.

What does that have to do with anything redfish posted? He never stated that.

He must since he opposes Sanger's work.

There you go, a stupid conclusion based on nothing but a false assumption.

Just because you disagree with a person's philosophy on a solving problem doesn't mean you don't think there is a problem.

Is like saying drug addicts shouldn't be locked up, it doesn't mean you are for drug abuse or if you are not against the death penalty you are for murder.

Just because you are against eugenics, doesn't mean you think the poor should have large families. Sanger was a negative eugenist. She believed and applauded state panels the enforced compulsory sterilization. She believed in population control through the weak, the poor, the retarded and so on. Not agreeing with her doesn't mean you think the weak, the poor and the retarded need to procreate and have large families.

he just makes things up as he goes,, its a sign of dementia. He is a sick person.

you are delusional. Maybe a visit to a shrink is in order for you.

Margaret Sanger's advocacy for women's rights- and the right to contraception and the right wings attempt to villify her are no coincidence
That worked in the last election it won't in this one. You're wasting your time.

Oh wait- a right wing nut job was trying to slander Clinton by saying that she approved of Sanger- a pioneering champion for women's rights- and implying that African Americans shouldn't support Clinton because she approved of Sanger- just as Martin Luther King did.

I am not the one starting thread about Clinton. That would be another right wing nut job.

Sanger the advocate for sterilization of the poor, the weak, the sick, the blacks. Great champion for women.

I think the words of Martin Luther King Jr. describes her work best

There is a striking kinship between our movement and Margaret Sanger's early efforts. She, like we, saw the horrifying conditions of ghetto life. Like we, she knew that all of society is poisoned by cancerous slums. Like we, she was a direct actionist - a nonviolent resister. She was willing to accept scorn and abuse until the truth she saw was revealed to the millions. At the turn of the century she went into the slums and set up a birth control clinic, and for this deed she went to jail because she was violating an unjust law. Yet the years have justified her actions. She launched a movement which is obeying a higher law to preserve human life under humane conditions. Margaret Sanger had to commit what was then called a crime in order to enrich humanity, and today we honor her courage and vision; for without them there would have been no beginning. Our sure beginning in the struggle for equality by nonviolent direct action may not have been so resolute without the tradition established by Margaret Sanger and people like her. Negroes have no mere academic nor ordinary interest in family planning. They have a special and urgent concern.

Just because you disagree with a person's philosophy on a solving problem doesn't mean you don't think there is a problem.

Is like saying drug addicts shouldn't be locked up, it doesn't mean you are for drug abuse or if you are not against the death penalty you are for murder.

Just because you are against eugenics, doesn't mean you think the poor should have large families. Sanger was a negative eugenist. She believed and applauded state panels the enforced compulsory sterilization. She believed in population control through the weak, the poor, the retarded and so on. Not agreeing with her doesn't mean you think the weak, the poor and the retarded need to procreate and have large families.

Margaret Sanger believed that individuals should control their own fertility and that the poor and weak should be provided access to birth control.
She didn't 'applaud compulsory sterilization- she advocated voluntarily sterilization for those who desired it

The program in this country at least, does not involve compulsory features. No one here proposes that some official be endowed with the authority to order anyone to be sterilized. What we do contend for is the right of the individual to know what sterilization would mean to him or her, to have the facilities for: the operation if desired and to be protected in life afterwards

The Public Papers of Margaret Sanger: Web Edition

There is a striking kinship between our movement and Margaret Sanger's early efforts. She, like we, saw the horrifying conditions of ghetto life. Like we, she knew that all of society is poisoned by cancerous slums. Like we, she was a direct actionist - a nonviolent resister. She was willing to accept scorn and abuse until the truth she saw was revealed to the millions. At the turn of the century she went into the slums and set up a birth control clinic, and for this deed she went to jail because she was violating an unjust law. Yet the years have justified her actions. She launched a movement which is obeying a higher law to preserve human life under humane conditions. Margaret Sanger had to commit what was then called a crime in order to enrich humanity, and today we honor her courage and vision; for without them there would have been no beginning. Our sure beginning in the struggle for equality by nonviolent direct action may not have been so resolute without the tradition established by Margaret Sanger and people like her. Negroes have no mere academic nor ordinary interest in family planning. They have a special and urgent concern.

You think he knew that Margaret Sanger said this, "We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."?

You think he knew that Margaret Sanger said this, "We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."?

Probably not since it was a private letter, but he was well aware of "Project Negro" and its goal of providing contraception to poor black families- and there is nothing sinister in reassuring a population that was suspicious of contraception.

Miss Rose sent me a copy of your letter of December 5th and I note that you doubt it worthwhile to employ a full time Negro physician. It seems to me from my experience where I have been in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table which means their ignorance, superstitions and doubts. They do not do this with the white people and if we can train the Negro doctor at the Clinic he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results among the colored people. His work in my opinion should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County's white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us

The ministers work is also important and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members

So now after all this you wish to admit that you find Sanger's work valuable and praiseworthy?

omg. Look at that!

So now after all this you wish to admit that you find Sanger's work valuable and praiseworthy?

omg. Look at that!

What? have you completely lost what little mind you had?

Can we have some proof about sterilization of the poor and blacks? She was absolutely for sterilizing the severely handicapped, something nobody today is celebrating her for.

Are you for or against people who are least equipped to having many kids having easy access to birth control?

omg. Look at that!

What? have you completely lost what little mind you had?

You are desperately trying to avoid stating your position on the relevant issues. That's how you lose this debate.

Margaret Sanger believed that individuals should control their own fertility and that the poor and weak should be provided access to birth control.
She didn't 'applaud compulsory sterilization- she advocated voluntarily sterilization for those who desired it

The program in this country at least, does not involve compulsory features. No one here proposes that some official be endowed with the authority to order anyone to be sterilized. What we do contend for is the right of the individual to know what sterilization would mean to him or her, to have the facilities for: the operation if desired and to be protected in life afterwards

The Public Papers of Margaret Sanger: Web Edition

This was after WWII, before eugenics was so unpopular with its similarity to Hitler's superior race, which he took from progressives of the United States, her views were quite different. Many progressives modified their stand with the advent of WWII and Hitler.

Are you for or against people who are least equipped to having many kids having easy access to birth control?

Who are the least equipped? I know some very rich people that are not equipped to have children.

What is easy access to birth control. Condoms machines on every street corner?

Forum List

Back