🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hillary and Margaret Sanger

[
Sanger was foremost a eugenicist..

Sanger was foremost a woman's rights activist- and an advocate for the right to use contraceptives.

Margaret Sanger’s Core Principles

• A woman’s right to control her body is the foundation of her human rights
  • Every person should decide when to have a child
  • Every child should be wanted and loved
  • Women deserve sexual pleasure and fulfillment

No wonder the Right Wing despises her.

where is the bullet point for the rights of the unborn human being?
and this one: every woman should have the right to kill an unborn child if its inconvenient to keep it.

liberals: get your rocks off whenever and wherever and with whoever you choose. then if you happen to get knocked up, kill it and move on to the next screw fest. because with liberals its all about me me me me, and whatever feels good at the moment. No responsibility, no morals, no ethics-------the liberal creed.

BS and off topic.

Unless you believe that birth control is killing babies.

:rolleyes:

Sanger and PP are about a lot more than condoms and BC pills. You are very naïve if you don't know that.

Another famous progressive of the time as Sanger's a fellow supporter of eugenics.

Another famous progressive against Hitler and the Nazi's....

And the reality is that despite the fact that Sanger's anti-militarism and isolationism during the 1920s and 1930s at times obscured her abhorrence of the Nazis, she was deeply shocked and horrified by the evils and dangers of fascism, Hitler and the Nazi party. "All the news from Germany is sad & horrible," she wrote in 1933, "and to me more dangerous than any other war going on any where because it has so many good people who applaud the atrocities & claim its right. The sudden antagonism in Germany against the Jews & the vitriolic hatred of them is spreading underground here & is far more dangerous than the aggressive policy of the Japanese in Manchuria." (MS to Edith How-Martyn, May 21, 1933 [MSM C2:536].) She joined the American Council Against Nazi Propaganda and "gave money, my name and any influence I had with writers and others, to combat Hitler's rise to power in Germany." ("World War II and World Peace," 1940? [MSM S72:269].) For Hitler the feeling was mutual; in 1933 the Nazis burned Sanger's books along with those of Ellis, Freud, German sexologist Magnus Hirschfeld, and others. (Ellis to MS, Sept. 3, 1933 [LCM 3:385].)

Let's not forget that the Nazis make abortion illegal.

And that RWNJ heroine Ayn Rand was a nazi sympathizer and believed in abortion on demand.

Back when LyingPaulRyan was running for veep and said he made all his staff read her lame ass books, I didn't see any of the RWNJs saying he should not be elected because of Rand's beliefs.

Just more of the usual RWNJ hypocrisy.

Ya know, it is possible to agree with someone on some points and not on others. The Rand quote in my sig is pertinent.

[

Sanger was foremost a woman's rights activist- and an advocate for the right to use contraceptives.

where is the bullet point for the rights of the unborn human being?
and this one: every woman should have the right to kill an unborn child if its inconvenient to keep it.

liberals: get your rocks off whenever and wherever and with whoever you choose. then if you happen to get knocked up, kill it and move on to the next screw fest. because with liberals its all about me me me me, and whatever feels good at the moment. No responsibility, no morals, no ethics-------the liberal creed.

BS and off topic.

Unless you believe that birth control is killing babies.

Sanger and PP are about a lot more than condoms and BC pills. You are very naïve if you don't know that.

Absolutely- Sanger is about women's rights- which is why the right despises her so much.

Margaret Sanger wanted to relieve the suffering of women by legalizing contraception. She had some misguided ideas that influenced the eugenics movement, but that doesn't mean she didn't make a valuable contribution to women's health.

Absolutely true.

Those who actually read her books learn that she went in cold water walk up flats in the worst tenements in NYC where she saw the worst situations possible. And she gave her life to improve the lot of women and children.

She was thrown out of the US for passing out "French letters" but she bought more and came back into the country and went right back to giving them out.

Note to PredFan

Future president Clinton isn't looking to give her a cabinet post.

Sanger was a racist, deal with it.

Martin Luther King Jr. and Corretta Scott King admired Sanger and her accomplishments.

Deal with it.

[

where is the bullet point for the rights of the unborn human being?.

What about Sanger's core principles do you object to the most?
I am guessing #1.
  1. Every person should decide when to have a child
  2. Every child should be wanted and loved
  3. A woman’s right to control her body is the foundation of her human rights
  4. Women deserve sexual pleasure and fulfillment

Margaret Sanger and the African American Community

Opponents of abortion promote myths and half-truths about Margaret Sanger in the African American community and elsewhere. This brief research summation is meant to dispel such falsified information distributed by those opposed to abortion and who are determined to distort her impressive historical legacy of enabling reproductive freedom for all women as a pioneering advocate for birth control.

No wonder Redfish is so anti-Sanger.....her core principles are the anti-thesis of Redfish's....

In 1942, she wrote again to Lasker, saying:

I think it is magnificent that we are in on the ground floor, helping Negroes to control their birth rate, to reduce their high infant and maternal death rate, to maintain better standards of health and living for those already born, and to create better opportunities for those who will be born (Sanger, 1942).

Interesting how you libs always leave out her quotes about inferior humans etc.

The difference between 'us libs' and you is that we provide actual quotes- and you make them up.

Summary of eRumor:

Reports have gone viral that Hillary Clinton once said she “admires” Margaret Sanger, the founder of organizations that eventually became Planned Parenthood.

The Truth:

It’s true that Hillary Clinton said she “admires” Margaret Sanger.

The Planned Parenthood Federation of America gave the Margaret Sanger Award to Hillary Clinton for her “contributions to the advancement of women’s heath care.”
During her acceptance speech, Clinton said:

“It was a great privilege when I was told that I would receive this award. I admire Margaret Sanger enormously. Her courage, her tenacity, her vision … When I think about what she did all those years ago in Brooklyn, taking on archetypes, taking on attitudes and accusations flowing from all directions, I’m really in awe of her. There are a lot of lessons we can learn from her life, from the causes she launched and fought for and scarified for so greatly.”

Hillary Clinton later touched on her comments again while testifying before a congressional panel. U.S. Rep. Christopher Smith (R-N.J.) said “the poor, disenfranchised, weak, disabled, a person of color (and) an unborn child are among the so-called undesirables that Sanger would exterminate from the human race.” Clinton responded:

“I admire Thomas Jefferson, his words and his leadership — and I deplore his un-repentant slave holding. I admire Margaret Sanger being a pioneer and trying to empower women to have some control over their bodies — and I deplore the statements you have referenced. That is the way we often are when we look at flawed human beings. There are things we admire, and things that we deplore.

TruthorFiction.com has also investigated claims that Margaret Sanger was motivated by racism. Click here for the story.

I think that it is no coincidence that the Right Wing attempts to vilify the woman who is most responsible for American women having legal access to birth control.

Margaret Sanger "Negroes are human weeds that must be eliminated"

Hillary "I admire Margaret Sanger and the work she has done"

Do you get it, African americans? Do you understand?

what's wrong libs, the truth too much to deal with? Cat got your tongues?

unlike you, most people have busy lives, plus no one wants to bother with your incessant dishonesty.

do you get it, redfish? do you understand..?? :laugh2:

I think that it is no coincidence that the Right Wing attempts to vilify the woman who is most responsible for American women having legal access to birth control
That's the silliest thing I've ever read. Birth control and women's access to it was a reality long before Hillary was the first lady.

unlike you, most people have busy lives, plus no one wants to bother with your incessant dishonesty.

the truth is not dishonest. refusing to accept it is.

I think that it is no coincidence that the Right Wing attempts to vilify the woman who is most responsible for American women having legal access to birth control
That's the silliest thing I've ever read. Birth control and women's access to it was a reality long before Hillary was the first lady.

Oh Hillary is just another woman the Right wing wants to villify.

Margaret Sanger's advocacy for women's rights- and the right to contraception and the right wings attempt to villify her are no coincidence.

the truth is not dishonest. refusing to accept it is.

Ironic coming from the poster who lied about what Margaret Sanger said

Margaret Sanger's advocacy for women's rights- and the right to contraception and the right wings attempt to villify her are no coincidence
That worked in the last election it won't in this one. You're wasting your time.

Margaret Sanger's advocacy for women's rights- and the right to contraception and the right wings attempt to villify her are no coincidence
That worked in the last election it won't in this one. You're wasting your time.

I am fairly certain that Margaret Sanger is not running for office.

Oh wait- a right wing nut job was trying to slander Clinton by saying that she approved of Sanger- a pioneering champion for women's rights- and implying that African Americans shouldn't support Clinton because she approved of Sanger- just as Martin Luther King did.

I am not the one starting thread about Clinton. That would be another right wing nut job.

Margaret Sanger wanted to relieve the suffering of women by legalizing contraception. She had some misguided ideas that influenced the eugenics movement, but that doesn't mean she didn't make a valuable contribution to women's health.

Absolutely true.

Those who actually read her books learn that she went in cold water walk up flats in the worst tenements in NYC where she saw the worst situations possible. And she gave her life to improve the lot of women and children.

She was thrown out of the US for passing out "French letters" but she bought more and came back into the country and went right back to giving them out.

Note to PredFan

Future president Clinton isn't looking to give her a cabinet post.

Your obsession with me would normally be flattering, but you are an idiot and that doesn't impress anyone.

I'm surprised he hasn't tweeted it.

So, to get your way you have to be a contradictory asshole. You would abort fetuses with no political ideologies (because they don't have them) and in your mind commit murder because abortion to you is murder? Clearly you've thought this out.

On a side note, what does Sanger have to do with abortion?

she founded that abortion mill known as Planned Parenthood. that's what she had to do with abortion

Abortion was illegal in Sanger's day. She saw birth control as a means of preventing illegal and dangerous abortion as it was in her day.

Come on, she wanted to limit the reproduction of people she considered inferior. She was an elitist and a racist, not much above a Nazi.

So you still insist that poor people having large families is a good thing?

never said that, your spin attempt fails.

Carbo makes a lot of stupid conclusions based on his low comprehension skills. I laugh so hard at some of his conclusions because they are so off base. He is either a troll or a special needs person.

I am fairly certain that Margaret Sanger is not running for office.

Oh wait- a right wing nut job was trying to slander Clinton by saying that she approved of Sanger- a pioneering champion for women's rights- and implying that African Americans shouldn't support Clinton because she approved of Sanger- just as Martin Luther King did.

I am not the one starting thread about Clinton. That would be another right wing nut job.

Sanger the advocate for sterilization of the poor, the weak, the sick, the blacks. Great champion for women.

Forum List

Back