Hillary Clinton Compares Russia Moves To Nazi Aggression

Wow, can't wait to hear reactions to this. < my comment

Hillary Clinton Compares Russia Moves To Nazi Aggression

Clinton compared the Russian government’s issuing passports in Ukraine to pre-World War II actions taken by Germany, two fundraiser guests say. Her first comments since Putin’s troops entered Ukraine on Saturday.
<more>

That was an unintelligent comment on her part. I think that she probably run for President and she was trying to demonstrate that she can be "tough" on Russia . I think her better course, would have been to emphasize DIPLOMACY and not tough talk.

Really? She should emphasize diplomacy? I thought you right wing war mongers were looking for another war, at least...................that's what the GOP has been calling for lately.
LOL, no "right wing war monger" or "GOP'er" here! I just don't like Ms. Clinton trying to emulate one with those words. I very MUCH prefer diplomacy to war, I don't like the "cowboy diplomacy mentality" no matter from who it comes from. I don't care if it's Romney, Obama, or Ron Paul, if I disagree with what they are saying or doing I will do that. It's the same as if I agree with what one of the aforementioned said or did.

I certainly wouldn't want Russia trying to dictate or influence the policy of a country that's right at our doorstep (Mexico).

I don't know what's so wrong or impolitic about what she said. It seemed to me to be aimed at a failure of the Obama administration if anything. Here's some coverage from the Washington post:

Making her first extensive comments about the crisis in Ukraine, Clinton said at a private fundraiser in California that Putin's campaign to provide Russian passports to those with Russian connections living outside his country's borders is reminiscent of Hitler's protection of ethnic Germans outside Germany, according to a report published overnight.

Hillary: " - Now if this sounds familiar, it's what Hitler did back in the '30s," Clinton said Tuesday, according to the Long Beach Press-Telegram. "All the Germans that were ... the ethnic Germans, the Germans by ancestry who were in places like Czechoslovakia and Romania and other places, Hitler kept saying they're not being treated right. I must go and protect my people, and that's what's gotten everybody so nervous. - "

There are ethnic Russian concentrations left over from a hundred years of Russian Empire in more than one of the former satellite state of Russia aka Soviet Union.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not Hil supporter; besides I'm sure she will be challenged in the primaries, Andrew Cuomo, and certainly some others. Perhaps even John Kerry, if he survives his tour in State where he still has hopes of burnishing his creds as a foreign policy leader...

Hillary Clinton says Putin's actions are like what Hitler did back in the 1930s - The Washington Post

And here's a cartoon that brings some humor to a political truth:
54A60A4F-1603-444E-A604-7B17DE5B8A6F_zpsk0e256it.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back