Hillary Clinton slams Obama economy: 'Dream feels further and further out of reach

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
Hillary Clinton slams Obama economy: 'Dream feels further and further out of reach'

In a speech in Washington on Friday, Hillary Clinton repeatedly criticized economic and social conditions under President Obama, barely mentioning the accomplishments of the man who appointed her secretary of State. Clinton's address, at the New America Foundation, was a broad indictment of the country's current leadership, with exactly one -- one -- note of praise for the Democratic president Clinton has called her partner and friend.

Clinton, never known for self-effacement, began by noting her lifelong desire to make the world a better place and the "driving force" toward public service instilled in her by her mother. From there, Clinton went on to describe the United States today as a very troubled place.

In remarks focused almost exclusively on domestic economic concerns, Clinton began by noting what she called "the basic bargain of America." "No matter who you are or where you come from," she said, echoing her husband's campaigns from the 1990s, "if you work hard and play by the rules, you'll have an opportunity to build a good life."

But: "For too many families in America today, that isn't the way it works. Instead of getting ahead, they're finding it harder and harder than ever to get their footing in our changing economy. The dream of upward mobility that made this country a model for the world feels further and further out of reach."

Millions of Americans are "frustrated, even angry" about today's economy, Clinton said. Falling into poverty is a constant threat, and upward mobility is almost impossible. "Forget about getting rich," Clinton told the audience, "I'm talking about getting into the middle class and staying there."

While productivity is up, Clinton noted, "wages have stagnated." "Americans are working harder, contributing more than ever … and yet many are still barely getting by."

Hillary Clinton slams Obama economy: 'Dream feels further and further out of reach' | WashingtonExaminer.com

Clinton just hit the nail on the head. I 100% agree with her...

Obama failed. Let's be honest, the American dream for getting ahead is gone. Most of the jobs generated under this president have been low paying shit jobs.

My respect for Hilliary just went up...Honesty is what I want to see in politics.

She was part of the administration. Her policy suggestions when she ran in 2008 weren't much different from his. What is she planning on doing differently?
Typical of libs: create a mess and then run on fixing it.
Phooey.

My respect for Hilliary just went up...Honesty is what I want to see in politics.

Will liberals stand for Hillary throwing Obama under the bus? Will Obama throw his support to Joe Biden in response?

She was part of the administration. Her policy suggestions when she ran in 2008 weren't much different from his. What is she planning on doing differently?
Typical of libs: create a mess and then run on fixing it.
Phooey.

Obama and the Hidebeast are cut of the same cloth.

Hillary speaks with Forked Tongue.................

As she prepares for the income inequality LEAP...........LOL

And higher minimum wage standards, which actually brings the middle class down.

Our present policies have made more poor, and currently that is what Obama and Dem policies will be famous for under this administration. We are not even at the employment numbers from 2008 yet in considering the Job Participation Rate.

Lucky to Hagar................I've got some good news and some bad news............

Hagar...........What's the good news..........

Lucky..........The Rats have left the ship............

Hagar...........What's the bad news................

Lucky............The ship is sinking............

Obama did the EXACT same thing: Campaign right, govern Mao. In 2008 he was a political Moderate and a fiscal Conservative.

Hillary is pretending she had nothing to do with the Obama Disaster

Hillary Clinton slams Obama economy: 'Dream feels further and further out of reach'

In a speech in Washington on Friday, Hillary Clinton repeatedly criticized economic and social conditions under President Obama, barely mentioning the accomplishments of the man who appointed her secretary of State. Clinton's address, at the New America Foundation, was a broad indictment of the country's current leadership, with exactly one -- one -- note of praise for the Democratic president Clinton has called her partner and friend.

Clinton, never known for self-effacement, began by noting her lifelong desire to make the world a better place and the "driving force" toward public service instilled in her by her mother. From there, Clinton went on to describe the United States today as a very troubled place.

In remarks focused almost exclusively on domestic economic concerns, Clinton began by noting what she called "the basic bargain of America." "No matter who you are or where you come from," she said, echoing her husband's campaigns from the 1990s, "if you work hard and play by the rules, you'll have an opportunity to build a good life."

But: "For too many families in America today, that isn't the way it works. Instead of getting ahead, they're finding it harder and harder than ever to get their footing in our changing economy. The dream of upward mobility that made this country a model for the world feels further and further out of reach."

Millions of Americans are "frustrated, even angry" about today's economy, Clinton said. Falling into poverty is a constant threat, and upward mobility is almost impossible. "Forget about getting rich," Clinton told the audience, "I'm talking about getting into the middle class and staying there."

While productivity is up, Clinton noted, "wages have stagnated." "Americans are working harder, contributing more than ever … and yet many are still barely getting by."

Hillary Clinton slams Obama economy: 'Dream feels further and further out of reach' | WashingtonExaminer.com

she did not criticize the president. you know the rightwngnut house has a lot of responsibility for not allowing anything to be done, right?

you're welcome.

While I'm no big Hillary fan.
She is just like hubby... slick.
And I'm happy she lost to Obama....

But

Given a choice between Obama and Hillary,Hillary would have been better to deal with.
She would have given in a bit in order to get something she wanted down the road.

She is a Democrat and will forever be but my opinion is we would not be stuck in such a mode of stagnation as we are now.

The economy is dreadful no matter how many of Obama lovers here say otherwise.

she did not criticize the president. you know the rightwngnut house has a lot of responsibility for not allowing anything to be done, right?

you're welcome.

You mean throwing more and more money on to the debt which has exploded.................

If Obama can't stimulate the private sector then we need more Stimulus and more Gov't................

How's the grass and flowers in Reid's Graveyard of House bills doing...............

you're welcome.

You mean throwing more and more money on to the debt which has exploded.................

If Obama can't stimulate the private sector then we need more Stimulus and more Gov't................

How's the grass and flowers in Reid's Graveyard of House bills doing...............

he's reduced the deficit. but thanks for repeating rightwingnut talking points.

you can't cut jobs, create policies that destroy job growth and then complain about the economy.

of course, rightwing extremists don't understand that.

but again, the dishonesty in your post is what i was pointing out. and if you want to discuss debt and deficit, perhaps you should discuss baby bush's two wars of choice while being the only leader in history to cut taxes during wartime and his crash of the economy before you make things up about a) what hillary is saying and b) the causes of the sluggish economy (while reminding you that the top 1% have doubled their worth and the stock market has trebled).

you're welcome.

you're welcome.

I think she did let a little truth spill out .. that rarely happens...:)

While I'm no big Hillary fan.
She is just like hubby... slick.
And I'm happy she lost to Obama....

But

Given a choice between Obama and Hillary,Hillary would have been better to deal with.
She would have given in a bit in order to get something she wanted down the road.

She is a Democrat and will forever be but my opinion is we would not be stuck in such a mode of stagnation as we are now.

The economy is dreadful no matter how many of Obama lovers here say otherwise.
ObamaCare is not far removed from "HillaryCare" they tried to foist in the 1990's.

Forum List

Back