Hillary Rodham Clinton Speaks Out for Gay Marriage

There is a difference between laws and individual rights.

You can vote to legalize pot or not. You cannot vote that straight people can smoke pot but gay people can't

Marriage is NOT an "Individual" Right.

It's the Right of Man and Woman.

The Court Described what it is best when it said is was "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival..."

Same Sex Coupling is NOT that thing. :thup:

:)

peace...

No, it's a fundamental right. In order to deny a group of people a fundamental right, you have to be able to describe and determine an overriding harm in allowing it. Go ahead and try.

so gay marriage is a "fundamental right" please list all of the fundamental rights of human beings and where those rights come from.

The Court Described what it is best when it said is was "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival..."

peace...

So then if gays can't marry, then why do infertile people get to marry? Their marriage isn't "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival..."

Btw, did you know that ALL gays can have kids? Oh, you didn't? Well, now you do. :D

so in your strange world two gay men can have kids? or two gay women without a sperm donor?

Do you live in san francisco?

No I don't live in SF. So men use a surrogate (which hetero couples do as well) and women use a sperm donor (also what hetero couples do sometimes). What's so hard about that? Or you just didn't know that hetero couples use these as well? Or maybe they shouldn't? :dunno:

So then if gays can't marry, then why do infertile people get to marry? Their marriage isn't "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival..."

Btw, did you know that ALL gays can have kids? Oh, you didn't? Well, now you do. :D

so in your strange world two gay men can have kids? or two gay women without a sperm donor?

No I don't live in SF. So men use a surrogate (which hetero couples do as well) and women use a sperm donor (also what hetero couples do sometimes). What's so hard about that? Or you just didn't know that hetero couples use these as well? Or maybe they shouldn't? :dunno:

of course they do. but that is not the two of them having a child. its one of them and someone else. gay couples cannot reproduce without outside help. Thats why their union is not a marriage------------civil union, cohabitation contract, legalized hook up. call it whatever you want, but its not marriage.

to try to compare that to infertile hetero couples is really a strech.

peace...

No, it's a fundamental right. In order to deny a group of people a fundamental right, you have to be able to describe and determine an overriding harm in allowing it. Go ahead and try.

so gay marriage is a "fundamental right" please list all of the fundamental rights of human beings and where those rights come from.
You think that they can all be listed now.....and then if something isn't on the list, it isn't a right?

of course they do. but that is not the two of them having a child. its one of them and someone else. gay couples cannot reproduce without outside help. Thats why their union is not a marriage------------civil union, cohabitation contract, legalized hook up. call it whatever you want, but its not marriage.

So....hetero couples that do not have children the result of their DNA are not really married.

Why are rw's, the GObP and Rs against equal rights for ALL Americans?

They give lip service to supporting our Constitution but only when its convenient.

Thankfully, they're in the minority and, like it or not, they will be dragged into the 21st century.

Gays can use surrogates, sperm donors and adoption just like infertile couple do. Or should NONE of these people be allowed to marry? So any woman past menopause should be allowed to marry because she can't have kids?

Gays can use surrogates, sperm donors and adoption just like infertile couple do. Or should NONE of these people be allowed to marry? So any woman past menopause should be allowed to marry because she can't have kids?

The anti-gay marriage crowd is quite willing to throw infertile and old couples under the bus if it keeps gays from legally marrying.

peace...

Marriage is a fundamental right as determined by the SCOTUS on a few occasions. Can't deny it to blacks that want to marry whites or to death row prisoners. Soon you won't be able to deny us the right to marry our partners of choice either.

So the Romney son Tagg doesn't have a real marriage?

The anti-gay marriage crowd is quite willing to throw infertile and old couples under the bus if it keeps gays from legally marrying.

Yup...fill in the pool so you don't have to swim with the black kids.

Hahahaha.. Obama, Bill, and now Hillary?!

Between Bill signing DOMA and Obama stating over and over that gay marriage went against his "faith" in '08 and Hillary's admission of such too, I can't figure out who's the bigger flip-flopper! Oh.. Add Al Gore in there too!

It's never too late to realize your mistake and do the right thing.

Between Bill signing DOMA and Obama stating over and over that gay marriage went against his "faith" in '08 and Hillary's admission of such too, I can't figure out who's the bigger flip-flopper! Oh.. Add Al Gore in there too!

The majority of Americans have "flip flopped" on the gay marriage issue, myself included.....you are now the minority

The majority of Americans have "flip flopped" on the gay marriage issue, myself included.....you are now the minority

I've known quite a few people who have "evolved" on this issue...usually having to do with having a gay friend or family member. It's the ones that don't evolve you need to worry about.

I've known quite a few people who have "evolved" on this issue...usually having to do with having a gay friend or family member. It's the ones that don't evolve you need to worry about.

I evolved on the issue by practicing something that I preached to my children and lived by since the day I took control of my life....yes.....way back when, I underwent a very intense transistion....and it proved to guide me through a very successful life with no regrets.....

I realized that my insistance to judge people based on "first impression" prevented me from truly getting to know someone....and likely preventing me from developing some very important long term associations.

I would meet someone and see him as a black man. I would see someone as a gay man. I would see someone as Asian. Not necessarily from a negative standpoint, but I believed I needed to adjust m,y approach based on the persons nationality, race or sexual orientation.

They could not connect with me for I was far from sincere...and I couldnt connect with them, becuase I assumed too much about them.

When I evolved, I put a major emphasis and not seeing or caring about colo9r, nationality or sexual orientation. It took a while, but now? I am truly color blind. Dont see a gay man as a gay man.

And now I have a wide diversity of friends, business associates, employees (when I was a business owner)...and its funny.....many times, when I introduce a friend to someone.....that poerson will approach me later and say "you didnt tell me he was black"....and that is becuase it really never meant squat to me.

Such is one of the reasons why I am against laws that are targeted to one group of people. Sure, certain groups may need extra protection.....but I believe laws that segregate thyose groups actually contribute to the problem of people seeing them as groups.

Without the spin...and sure, someone will try to spin what I said.......but without the spin, I consider it one of my strongest conservative values.

Yeah right. Everybody "evolved" on this issue because of a gay friend or family member at the same time. The truth is - it's kind of scary how all these people have suddenly "evolved". Propaganda is a very powerful wepon against a weak mind.

Yeah right. Everybody "evolved" on this issue because of a gay friend or family member at the same time. The truth is - it's kind of scary how all these people have suddenly "evolved". Propaganda is a very powerful wepon against a weak mind.

Some people just look at it as an issue of fairness

With me, it was a realization that it was an issue of love and not an issue of sex

Last edited:
You sure I'm lying here? Positive? Care to make some kind of wager?

Is this what you do every time someone asks you for a link? If you're willing to bet then you probably have some sort of link. If uso, I would like to verify your link.

Fair enough....btw, this was a BIG topic of discussion a few years ago when Focus on the Family put this article in their newsletter.

Hullabaloo

This is a blog, but they are accurate in quoting from the article. The article itself has (I believe) been scrubbed from the FOTF website....needless to say, due to ridicule.

This DU post from 2005 has the old link which has been disabled...as I said...they scrubbed it.

Men, James Dobson Says You Should Show Your Son Your Penis - Democratic Underground
So you have a blog and a link that doesn't work?

Forum List

Back