Hillary Rodham Clinton Speaks Out for Gay Marriage

I've known quite a few people who have "evolved" on this issue...usually having to do with having a gay friend or family member. It's the ones that don't evolve you need to worry about.

Yeah right. Everybody "evolved" on this issue because of a gay friend or family member at the same time. The truth is - it's kind of scary how all these people have suddenly "evolved". Propaganda is a very powerful wepon against a weak mind.

Some people just look at it as an issue of fairness

With me, it was a realization that it was an issue of love and not an issue of sex

I'm not talking about you per se. People are entightled to change their minds. It's just the amount of people that have flipped flopped on this issue so quickly is staggering.

Yeah right. Everybody "evolved" on this issue because of a gay friend or family member at the same time. The truth is - it's kind of scary how all these people have suddenly "evolved". Propaganda is a very powerful wepon against a weak mind.

With me, it was a realization that it was an issue of love and not an issue of sex

I'm not talking about you per se. People are entightled to change their minds. It's just the amount of people that have flipped flopped on this issue so quickly is staggering.

We don't really know whether they have flip flopped. Politicians pander to whoever is making the most noise. Making the most noise doesn't really mean the strongest cause. We only know that there is a lot of propaganda saying that people have changed their minds. We don't know how true it is.

Is this what you do every time someone asks you for a link? If you're willing to bet then you probably have some sort of link. If uso, I would like to verify your link.

Fair enough....btw, this was a BIG topic of discussion a few years ago when Focus on the Family put this article in their newsletter.

Hullabaloo

This is a blog, but they are accurate in quoting from the article. The article itself has (I believe) been scrubbed from the FOTF website....needless to say, due to ridicule.

This DU post from 2005 has the old link which has been disabled...as I said...they scrubbed it.

Men, James Dobson Says You Should Show Your Son Your Penis - Democratic Underground
So you have a blog and a link that doesn't work?

Did you not pay attention to my post? The site has been scrubbed. But the quotes in BOTH of my links are accurate....compare them if you want. I remember it quite well and I have posted about it many a time....a lot linking the FotF newsletter before they scrubbed it.

But...if you do not want to believe me.....so what. They said it...they later removed it due to embarrassment. It is what it is.

Tipping points get reached. The number of people who flip-flopped QUICKLY on segregation in the 60s was staggering too. IMO, many of THOSE people are the ones who had opinions on gay marriage or segregation based only on "that's always the way it's been." Challenge that, and they flip.

Last edited:

Tipping points get reached. The number of people who flip-flopped QUICKLY on segregation in the 60s was staggering too. IMO, many of THOSE people are the ones who had opinions on gay marriage or segregation based only on "that's always the way it's been." Challenge that, and they flip.

Most Americans at the time were willing to live with "separate but equal" as long as peace was kept and everyone went along with their lives, it seemed to be acceptable

They took the same position on gay marriage. Create something that was similar to marriage and figure gays should be happy as long as they received the same financial benefits as marriage

But you don't marry for money, you marry for love

True...

People go with the flow.

The majority of Americans have "flip flopped" on the gay marriage issue, myself included.....you are now the minority

I've known quite a few people who have "evolved" on this issue...usually having to do with having a gay friend or family member. It's the ones that don't evolve you need to worry about.

I know, it seems really fast, this push for equality. Know you can blame? The people that come out of the closet. More and more are doing it and THAT is the single biggest driver of this march toward equality. People are realizing that it's not someone else's kid, friend, parent, etc...it's theirs.

Is this what you do every time someone asks you for a link? If you're willing to bet then you probably have some sort of link. If uso, I would like to verify your link.

Fair enough....btw, this was a BIG topic of discussion a few years ago when Focus on the Family put this article in their newsletter.

Hullabaloo

This is a blog, but they are accurate in quoting from the article. The article itself has (I believe) been scrubbed from the FOTF website....needless to say, due to ridicule.

This DU post from 2005 has the old link which has been disabled...as I said...they scrubbed it.

Men, James Dobson Says You Should Show Your Son Your Penis - Democratic Underground
So you have a blog and a link that doesn't work?

He said it. Google it yourself. James Dobson had a series on how not to let your kids become gay (like you could stop it) and one of the things he said was to bring your son in the shower with you. Another was to pound things.

Except it isn't true. The same number of people who were against segregation before anti segregation laws were against segregation after the propaganda had integration acceptable. They just acted on their segregationist views. We had white flight and disintegration of the cities where the blacks were left behind. We ended up with failing all black schools. We got walled communities with tyrannical HOAs that made the lifestyles of blacks violations. Many are defacto all white, or even all black. The segregationists may have SAID they changed their minds, but to this very day, it is clear that no minds at all were changed.

Then Advocate for Consenting Aged Siblings to Marry.

:)

peace...

I know, it seems really fast, this push for equality. Know you can blame? The people that come out of the closet. More and more are doing it and THAT is the single biggest driver of this march toward equality. People are realizing that it's not someone else's kid, friend, parent, etc...it's theirs.

We already have equality, gays are not prohibited from doing anything that straights can do.

What you are after is forcing people to change their minds about homosexuality by government mandate-----i.e. thought control with penalties for any thoughts that do not comply with the govt mandate.

Many people believe that homosexuality is an aberration and they have the right to hold that opinion.

This debate is really not about gay marriage, its much bigger than that, its about the government legislating thought and beliefs.

It is a very dangerous slippery slope. Be careful what you wish for.

peace...

Interesting..

If one of them is infertile or sterile ......does society have a reason they shouldn't?

peace...

how about a three person marriage? marriage between a human and his/her dog? group marriage? where does it end?

peace...

how about a three person marriage? marriage between a human and his/her dog? group marriage? where does it end?

If they are consenting adults.....is there any reason three people should be barred from marrying? You can have a wife and mistress on the side and you do not break any laws

peace...

If they are consenting adults.....is there any reason three people should be barred from marrying? You can have a wife and mistress on the side and you do not break any laws

All of these different types of marriage marginalizes real marriage (marriage brtween a man and a woman).

peace...

talk about hypocrisy--------you advocate for state sanctioned gay marriage and then claim that marriage vows mean nothing when you say that having a mistress does not break any laws. what if the people in a gay marriage cheat on each other? How about the laws of God and religion? Do they apply to any of this?

BTW, having multiple wives is illegal in most states, so laws would be broken if 3 people entered into a marriage.

peace...

in the case of a human/dog marriage, how old does the dog have to be to be considered a consenting adult?

talk about hypocrisy--------you advocate for state sanctioned gay marriage and then claim that marriage vows mean nothing when you say that having a mistress does not break any laws. what if the people in a gay marriage cheat on each other? How about the laws of God and religion? Do they apply to any of this?

BTW, having multiple wives is illegal in most states, so laws would be broken if 3 people entered into a marriage.

As far as I know, no one has been arrested in the US for having a mistress. Meaning it's legal to have one.
And I hate to break it to you, but muslims all over the US have multiple wives, so do mormons.

As far as I know, no one has been arrested in the US for having a mistress. Meaning it's legal to have one.
And I hate to break it to you, but muslims all over the US have multiple wives, so do mormons.

Right, cheating on your spouse is not illegal. But is it immoral, is it breaking a trust and a vow? Is it right?

and I hate to break it to you, but polygamy is illegal. Muslims in other countries have multiple wives, and a few radical mormons have tried it and are now in jail.

are you advocating for polygamy in the USA? what's your point?

Except it isn't true. The same number of people who were against segregation before anti segregation laws were against segregation after the propaganda had integration acceptable. They just acted on their segregationist views. We had white flight and disintegration of the cities where the blacks were left behind. We ended up with failing all black schools. We got walled communities with tyrannical HOAs that made the lifestyles of blacks violations. Many are defacto all white, or even all black. The segregationists may have SAID they changed their minds, but to this very day, it is clear that no minds at all were changed.

Simply not true. I lived those times. The MAJORITY of Southern whites had no problem with segregation until the Civil Rights marches of the 50s and 60s.....after a little resistance and then seeing how horrible the hardcore segregationists were....they tipped.

Forum List

Back