Himalayan glaciers that provide drinking water for a billion people could lose 80% of their volume by the end of the century.

Very closely-related to the “science” that Asserts that Bruce Jenner is a woman.

"The Science"

vs.

Science

"The Science"

masks won't work, but three days later I will say they do work!!

R.d441ac5b2fe8cc9caa9fe7f84a301b1f

What science has to say about Bruce Jenner and whatever her current name is, is irrelevant. It is the LAW that says she is now a woman.

“If the law supposes that,” said Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, “the law is a ass—a idiot.”—Charlese Dickens, Oliver Twist

Hard reality cannot be changed by enacting a law.

If a law is passed, which declares that two plus two equals ten, then what is the sum of two plus two?

If you have this many objects: ••

And you add this many more: ••

And the law says that two plus two equals ten, then how many of those objects do you now have?

Or, as Abraham Lincoln once put it, How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? The answer is that the dog has four legs. Calling a tail a leg does not make it so.

“If the law supposes that,” said Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, “the law is a ass—a idiot.”—Charlese Dickens, Oliver Twist

Hard reality cannot be changed by enacting a law.

If a law is passed, which declares that two plus two equals ten, then what is the sum of two plus two?

If you have this many objects: ••

And you add this many more: ••

And the law says that two plus two equals ten, then how many of those objects do you now have?

Or, as Abraham Lincoln once put it, How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? The answer is that the dog has four legs. Calling a tail a leg does not make it so.
You've gone completely off topic.

"Himalayan glaciers disappeared 65% faster since 2010 than in the previous decade and reducing snow cover due to global warming will result in reduced fresh water for people living downstream. The study found that 200 glacier lakes across these mountains are deemed dangerous, and the region could see a significant spike in glacial lake outburst floods by the end of the century."

How about some of you folks that think these problems will be easily overcome explain how we will replace drinking water for a billion people.
Easy...
Put a rheostat on the sun.
Pretty simple.

Jo

Easy...
Put a rheostat on the sun.
Pretty simple.

Jo
We could always start building a shade with moon dust at the L1 LaGrange point. Keep it bounded somehow so it can be reduced or removed later.

Why would it do that? Where do you see a conspiracy in the disappearance of Himalayan glaciers?

This is the Co2 fraud cherry picking and likely fudging and lying but for the Himalayans I can only certify that the range is still growing and wasn't there 100 million years ago.

But this is about GLOBAL warming... GLOBAL.... and hence the issue is whether or not there is an ONGOING NET ICE MELT for the planet as a whole....

Which is convenient and easy because 90% of Earth is in one place called Antarctica...

And you cannot show us liquid water on Antarctica because there isn't any... which is a clue that it is not melting...

LOL!!

Arctic ice free: check
Snow a thing of the past: check
No polar ice caps since 2008: check
Polar bears extinct: check
Guam tipped over: check

• Winner
Reactions: EMH
This is the Co2 fraud cherry picking and likely fudging and lying but for the Himalayans I can only certify that the range is still growing and wasn't there 100 million years ago.
Please do so. Certify that the Himalayan glaciers in question are still growing.
But this is about GLOBAL warming... GLOBAL.... and hence the issue is whether or not there is an ONGOING NET ICE MELT for the planet as a whole....
ice-sheets_figure1_2021.png

Which is convenient and easy because 90% of Earth is in one place called Antarctica...
I don't think you said what you think you said. And, as the graph above shows, Antarctica is losing ice mass.
And you cannot show us liquid water on Antarctica because there isn't any... which is a clue that it is not melting...
1688661724159.jpeg

McMurdo Sound, Antarctica meltpools
1688661786287.jpeg

Melt pools on Petermann Glacier, Antarctica
4jDDNZxeH6i4546ptytwQ9-1200-80.jpg

Lakes of Melted Snow Are Literally Bending Antarctica's Ice Shelves in Half

Please do so. Certify that the Himalayan glaciers in question are still growing.

ice-sheets_figure1_2021.png

I don't think you said what you think you said. And, as the graph above shows, Antarctica is losing ice mass.

View attachment 801970
McMurdo Sound, Antarctica meltpools
View attachment 801971
Melt pools on Petermann Glacier, Antarctica
4jDDNZxeH6i4546ptytwQ9-1200-80.jpg

Lakes of Melted Snow Are Literally Bending Antarctica's Ice Shelves in Half

Still waiting for some response from EMH "certifying" that Himalayan glaciers are growing, that there is no net global ice mass loss and that there is no liquid water to be found on Antarctica.

Forum List

Back