HIPAA laws

No, HIPAA covers all health information in all circumstances.
Again, as a computer programmer who implements medical databases, I have taken classes on HIPAA and had to pass the federal testing.
Ok. How about a credible link showing it covers all health information in all circumstances. You being a programmer who does databases is interesting and all. Lots of us do that. It has nothing to do with the law though. How about that credible link?

No. The HIPAA laws are very specific about who is bound by the law. If you aren't on that list you aren't bound by that law.

Anyone who legally has medical information on someone else is on that list.
Such as providers, and all those involved in medical records or billing.
There isn't anyone not on that list that has any medical info I am aware of.
And the airlines as employers do not get to see your medical info unless you willingly give it to them.

Its not the ACLU making the assertion, but Homeland Security,
And it is Homeland Security that is illegal and the threat that needs to be ended,
So that means you don't have a credible link? Spouting some more conspiracy theory crap like you just did is not a credible link BooBoo.

Ok. How about a credible link showing it covers all health information in all circumstances. You being a programmer who does databases is interesting and all. Lots of us do that. It has nothing to do with the law though. How about that credible link?

Sure programming has nothing to do with law.
But having to take classes in HIPAA so that I can get HIPAA certification and implement a federal health database IS all about the law and nothing else.

That is true, but that does not make it legal or allow any one in the US to use that illegal information.
Again, you are so positive about something that just isn't so. You said all medical records are covered in all situations. That's just bullshit. I have lots of medical information about lots of people (old folks like to complain about their medical problems, where it hurts, what the doctor told them at their last visit etc. It's a big part of our conversation) I'm not legally obligated to keep that information private. I can legally tell you that Steve just got a new prescription for his prostate medicine or Kathy might have to have a mastectomy without breaking any laws.

Sure programming has nothing to do with law.
But having to take classes in HIPAA so that I can get HIPAA certification and implement a federal health database IS all about the law and nothing else.
I guess they screwed up when they graded your test. You don't know what you are talking about.

Again, you are so positive about something that just isn't so. You said all medical records are covered in all situations. That's just bullshit. I have lots of medical information about lots of people (old folks like to complain about their medical problems, where it hurts, what the doctor told them at their last visit etc. It's a big part of our conversation) I'm not legally obligated to keep that information private. I can legally tell you that Steve just got a new prescription for his prostate medicine or Kathy might have to have a mastectomy without breaking any laws.

Totally false, unless you meant that you did not gain this information through an official channel, and instead found it out voluntarily from the patient,
Of course if you have no official source, then you have no official secrecy restrictions.

If Steve or Kathy told you about their prescription of surgery, then you are not bound by any laws.
But if you got the information from official files, then you are.
It is very simple and not at all complex.
The ability for an employer to legally find out if you are vaccinated or not is zero.
No employer has that authority unless he can convince a judge there is some official need to protect the rights of someone else.
Only then is HIPAA supposed to allow access.

Forum List

Back